Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
4th-of-July-.jpg

Continue discussion here...

link

Well the door slammed on me.

What do Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) and Mark Margolis (Hector Salamanca) have in common?

Spring cleaning:

Rugs get steam cleaned- chairs, tables,etc. moved to clean under them

All other floors get steamed cleaned with my handy-dandy Swifter steam cleaner

Scatter rugs, all curtains, shower curtains, Winter blankets (get put away) get machine washed

My Summer nightclothes, summer clothes, housedresses, along with my son's Summer clothes, get washed (I don't like "closet smell")

Walls are washed down (and all those spidery webs on the ceilings are vacuumed- where are those spiders anyway? I don't ever see them)

Every nick-knack gets washed, along with pictures, mirrors that are hanging on the wall

Books get dusted- and the shelves get washed and polish

All furniture gets polished- kitchen table and chairs gets washed down to the legs

Venetian blinds get washed in the tub- windows and their sills are washed also

Kitchen and bathroom cabinets get washed down (as do any other free- standing cabinets)

All electronic equipment get thoroughly cleaned (phones, TVs, computers, printers, gaming thingys)

Stove, exhaust hood, refrigerator, microwave, convection oven, and toaster oven get thoroughly cleaned

Overhead fans and standing fans get washed

Bathrooms are Cloraxed cleaned

All doors- inside and out- are washed down

Washer/dryer get washed- along with the washroom shelves

All light fixtures ( globes are taken down and washed- how do those bugs get in them?) are cleaned

My chest freezer gets defrosted (there's always some ice that accumulates along the top edges) and washed- inside and out

All old magazines are given to the post office (they have a little area where people drop off books and magazines for others to enjoy)

The outside shed gets cleaned out and reorganized (I get lazy in the Fall and just "throw" everything haphazardly back in the shed)

The siding gets washed of all algae (the back of the house is in shade most of the day)

The decks get swept and washed down ( the front deck needs some painting)- along with any lawn furniture/pillows

I don't think I've forgotten anything???

-------------

I might clean what needs to be cleaned at other times during the year, but randomly as needed.

I still have my bathroom cabinets and my bathroom walls to do, the siding, outdoor things to finish.

Wanna help? :floorlaugh: (my son helps a lot since I've aged).

A lot of work, but a nice feeling of accomplishment (and a very fresh, clean new start to the Summer).

I try to get the Spring cleaning done before the heat gets here- I like to clean when all the windows are opened- the heat makes me sluggish and very lazy.

Thank you, thank you Harmony for the new thread !!! :) :seeya:

Am bringing this over as I was in the midst of posting this when the thread closed.

Well, you have been a busy lady YorN. I'm impressed. Oh, question, how do you go about washing your walls , because mine are sheet rock so I don't think I would want to actually use soap and water, not to mention my wood floors that might be damaged by the water. Idk, just asking. And also for your cabinets, what do you use to wash them with ? Do you actually use soap and water on them, or something else. I bought some wood cleaner, and am going to try it, but our cabinets are stained wood, not painted. I think that makes a difference. Anyway, just for my own future reference :) TIA :seeya:

And I'm with you on the heat, it makes me sluggish as well, and we have a lot of humidity along with it. I could seriously not live without air conditioning , not in East Texas . I keep the AC anywhere from 73 to 75 during the day. Now at night, we like it cold, and my DH gets aggravated because he turns our AC to 67 at night but then I turn it down to 65 .... I tell him he can't complain until he starts having hot flashes too, then we'll see if he still feels the same way ... :floorlaugh:

What do Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) and Mark Margolis (Hector Salamanca) have in common?

I honestly don't know these people. Should I ?

ETA: Nevermind, you mean Gus Fring from Breaking Bad and the old man from Breaking Bad. It just dawned on me, lol. What do they have in common, besides Breaking Bad, well, they were both very bad guys. :scared:

To Kensie:
Hey, sweetheart! I love you so much because you look after powerless animals.

Checking in with you guys :seeya:

Kinda glad it's been all quiet on the jodi front,she'll think we are all forgetting about her as she fades into nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am bringing this over as I was in the midst of posting this when the thread closed.

Well, you have been a busy lady YorN. I'm impressed. Oh, question, how do you go about washing your walls , because mine are sheet rock so I don't think I would want to actually use soap and water, not to mention my wood floors that might be damaged by the water. Idk, just asking. And also for your cabinets, what do you use to wash them with ? Do you actually use soap and water on them, or something else. I bought some wood cleaner, and am going to try it, but our cabinets are stained wood, not painted. I think that makes a difference. Anyway, just for my own future reference :) TIA :seeya:

And I'm with you on the heat, it makes me sluggish as well, and we have a lot of humidity along with it. I could seriously not live without air conditioning , not in East Texas . I keep the AC anywhere from 73 to 75 during the day. Now at night, we like it cold, and my DH gets aggravated because he turns our AC to 67 at night but then I turn it down to 65 .... I tell him he can't complain until he starts having hot flashes too, then we'll see if he still feels the same way ... :floorlaugh:

Mostly I just use Dawn dishwashing on a wet sponge or washing cloth for the cabinets or if cabinets have a greasy film I mix these two together: 1 part vegetable oil to 2 parts baking soda (I use an old toothbrush to mix, apply and scrub the cabinet around the handles [where the gunk seems to accumulate the most]). I use this mixture for the cabinets near the stove that might have extra grease, but just use the Dawn dishwashing liquid or Fantastik on the rest of the cabinets that just are "dusty" (I love Dawn- it works wonders for almost everything- especially if you are a spiller of food on clothes- like me- I scrub with old wet toothbrush with straight Dawn 'til the stain disappears ). I had tried Murphy's Oil Soap around the dirty handle areas, but wasn't happy about the results, so I use the oil/baking soda mixture instead after my friend told me about it. I don't think Dawn will harm your cabinets- just test on a small area before you use it (I've used it on all sorts of cabinets).

On the walls, I use Fantastik- another great cleaner (been using it since it first came out in the 70's, I think) and the one I go to for most cleaning. ( You can cover your floor , near the baseboard area, with a drop cloth or an old sheet to protect your wood floors.)

I'm having trouble finding it (Walmart/supermarkets have Scrubbing Bubbles with Fantastik on the label in small print- don't know if it's the same thing?)and did a search on Google and Lowe's is suppose to have it:

054600716083lg.jpg

New and Improved??? I don't know- since I haven't tried it yet:

Scrubbing-Bubbles-1.jpg

I use to use a product called Top Job for walls and floors for years, but "they" discontinued it. I hate that ( you find something you like to use and "they" decide to either "new and improve" it or discontinue). Pftttt!

I've tried almost every cleaner through the years and just keep coming back to Fantastik. It's fantastic- really!! :loveyou: I use amonnia and water for my normal floor cleaning.

I use Tilex Mildew Root Perpetrator on my tiles in the bathroom.

:twocents:
74_453dfad721042.gif

(My son asked me why I bother to clean so much as the dirt just comes back and seems fruitless to him, but he's just a "man' and doesn't understand. :facepalm: I'm surprised because he's always washing his hands and is a fanatic about dirt on him.)

YesNo already replied with some good answers but just wanted to add to the discussion as I have done some cleaning of wood and also floors. Not a lot, just some. LOL :floorlaugh:

For floors, I agree totally with YesNo about Fantastik and Scrubbing Bubbles. I never saw those 2 products combined as YesNo shown and I hve to look for that. Best of both worlds getting both like that.

The bubbles in Scrubbing Bubbles really does work for me. I think it helps break up the grime dirt as the reaction of the bubbles occurs. I just spray it on the spot on the floor or counter and wait a few seconds and then use paper towels to wipe it clean.

WARNING TOO
You have to test any product on a hidden part of the surface first to make sure it wont harm the color or surface because some products like these can kind of bleach out the color of the surface so be careful and test it on a hidden part first to be sure you dont ruin a nice shiny colorful surface.

One really neat use of Scrubbing Bubbles for me is cleaning up my dog's pee when he pees in the carpet. You really want to test it out first on your carpet in a hidden spot because it does kind of bleach out the carpet a little bit. However for me , my carpet is kind of rough anyway and light in color so the scrubbing bubbles doesnt really do much more harm to it that it already is. LOL :floorlaugh:
It does a great job of taking the odor of the pee out of the carpet as well as cleaning up the pee. But please be careful with it if you have really nice carpet or if carpet is dark in color because you may not want to use it since it will most likely bleach it out in color some.

It is great on other surfaces as well. Same warning about the bleaching out of color on any surface though as you want to test it out.

WOOD
As far as WOOD cleaning, a good wood cleaner like you mention is probably good. I also use Pledge for cleaning as it does pretty good on wood. Like Lemon Pledge.

Also for wood stained cabinets, if you can get a product called REGENCY GOLD, it does wonders for making them look NEW. I bought this liquid stuff from an info-commercial and tried it out and it is amazing. It made my old cabinets look NEW. It is weird looking stuff as it looks like milk and i didnt think it would work but WOW. Good stuff.

FOR SHEET ROCK WALLS
You are correct that you have to be careful but soap + water is fine so long as you just use a damp cloth and not really soak them down too much. So long as it dries quickly with a damp clothe of soap and water, you are fine there. You may even try to use a mixture of Fantastik with water but again test out a hidden surface to be sure it doesnt bleach the color out of walls

Anyway, thought I would try to help too.

Hey everyone!!! Harmony sure does have wonderful food for us.

It is cold here today. June 26th and cold in the South.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

WOW YESorNO = you want to come here and Spring clean my house??? :fence: You really do a thorough spring clean!!

Nice day here today!! Only about 80 today - had a few sprinkles yesterday!

Watching soccer - oh, no!! Germany just scored.... :scared: GO USA!!!

:seeya:

I pay Anna to spring clean for me. I also buy a lot of dresses and shoes for her for doing me favors, and some are outright bargained for bribes.

My sisters and brother grew up that every Saturday morning we cleaned house. One would do the kitchen (my oldest sister always did the kitchen), another clean the bathroom, one to mopping floors, and general picking up an dusting, by picking an long or short straw.

We were to do it before anything else, and we did it, uncertain if our father would come home and be and pissed it wasn't done. But we used Ajax or Comet in the tub and toilet (once a month we used Johnson paste wax on the floors) and the kitchen sink. I have fond memories of using Old London on the furniture and dining room table, and pine soil for damp mopping floors.

I remember, starting when I was five years old, we'd set and clean the table, did the dishes, and mop the floor every night, and my mother going and sitting down and resting. We did it without gripping, and were happy to get a quarter every Saturday morning and go to the TG&Y and blow it on what ever we wanted. We never thought of it as abuse or slave labor.

Now days I use KaBoom, Pine soil, bleach, the orange stuff, and whatever is handy, and I don't mind smelling. I have been using Fabuloso in the bathroom for aobut a year now and like it. It comes in Lavender and Green Apple scent. You can get it at the 99 cent and the dollar stores real for about a buck.

Hi everyone ! :wave: My DH is out of town for a couple days, so I am settling in now to do one of my favorite things, watch a TCM classic movie. :) My movie pick tonight is "M" starring Peter Lorre. Has anyone here seen it ? It's about a child serial killer :( . Just started it, but there are some little children in a courtyard, playing a game, it's apparently in Germany as they're speaking in German, but it's sort of like our "eeny meeny miny mo", game. Does anyone remember that one ?

Except this is a little different, in that it's very, very sinister. I would say much like JA's defense "games" they played at sidebar, in the courtroom, and beyond . :wink:

Anyway, the rhyme goes like this:

“Just you wait, it won’t be long,

The man in black will soon be here.

With his cleaver’s blade so true,

He’ll make mincemeat out of you!”

Creepy huh.... :scared:

Hi everyone ! :wave: My DH is out of town for a couple days, so I am settling in now to do one of my favorite things, watch a TCM classic movie. :) My movie pick tonight is "M" starring Peter Lorre. Has anyone here seen it ? It's about a child serial killer :( . Just started it, but there are some little children in a courtyard, playing a game, it's apparently in Germany as they're speaking in German, but it's sort of like our "eeny meeny miny mo", game. Does anyone remember that one ?

Except this is a little different, in that it's very, very sinister. I would say much like JA's defense "games" they played at sidebar, in the courtroom, and beyond . :wink:

Anyway, the rhyme goes like this:

“Just you wait, it won’t be long,

The man in black will soon be here.

With his cleaver’s blade so true,

He’ll make mincemeat out of you!”

Creepy huh.... :scared:

IIRC Peter Lorre's daughter said she was approached by Kenneth Bianchi and his cousin Angelo Buono, the Hillside Stranglers.

What no room for Rory Calhoun and Motel Hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dEMFlgbwLRw

I never realized what a good looking man he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPlrqL5muhk&feature=player_detailpage

IIRC Peter Lorre's daughter said she was approached by Kenneth Bianchi and his cousin Angelo Buono, the Hillside Stranglers.

When I was little, Rory Calhoun was one of my "crushes", lol. After Clint Eastwood who played Rowdy Yates in Rawhide. Yet now, I can't remember what it was that I saw Rory Calhoun in way, way back then. Any clues ?

OMG, Motel Hell, I remember Rory starring in that and I couldn't believe it. My DH and I saw that at an old theatre in Dallas way back in the early 80's, I think it was the Casa Linda. We were into horror movies back then, lol, but it was more cheesy than horror. Silly us... :floorlaugh:

They both acted in the movie "The Cotton Club" :thumb:

And of course....BREAKING BAD!!! :woot:

When I was little, Rory Calhoun was one of my "crushes", lol. After Clint Eastwood who played Rowdy Yates in Rawhide. Yet now, I can't remember what it was that I saw Rory Calhoun in way, way back then. Any clues ?

I think he's face similar. Like Rock Hudson, and James Garner. Dark hair, nice smile, but kinda generic good looking?

I think he's face similar. Like Rock Hudson, and James Garner. Dark hair, nice smile, but kinda generic good looking?

Oh, I got it, it was that old western, "The Texan" . Back when I was small, westerns, e.g. Rawhide; and cartoons , e.g., Bugs Bunny and Yogi Bear mostly, is about all we watched. Oh, and Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Peppermint, and Jack LaLaine.
And dare I forget the Three Stooges, Larry, Curly and Moe. I just love them. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

The Three Stooges Funniest Moments 1942 - YouTube

Oh, I got it, it was that old western, "The Texan" . Back when I was small, westerns, e.g. Rawhide; and cartoons , e.g., Bugs Bunny and Yogi Bear mostly, is about all we watched. Oh, and Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Peppermint, and Jack LaLaine.
And dare I forget the Three Stooges, Larry, Curly and Moe. I just love them. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

The Three Stooges Funniest Moments 1942 - YouTube

We're spilling our ages here. I remember all those, too. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members