OK OK - Lisa Henderson, 17, Tulsa, 1 June 1979

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
6f408ba0-9f93-4a4c-a4da-d097718bad2b_zpsf961e84c.jpg

http://www.tulsapeople.com/Tulsa-People/October-2010/Notorious-Tulsa-cold-case-investigations/

On June 1, 1979, 17-year-old Lisa Ann Henderson left her house at 7929 S. 70th E. Place, telling her brother she was having lunch with a girlfriend and then checking on a modeling job. Wearing a long, white flowered dress and heels, she left around noon with a garment bag and climbed into a 1976-77 maroon Chevrolet Monte Carlo with no hubcaps and damage to the driver’s side. She was never seen alive again. Her body was discovered on June 11, 1979, around a half-mile south of State Highway 51 on Old Porter Road. A witness described the driver of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo as a white male, approximately 40 years old, with dark thinning hair.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/breaking-news/searching-for-the-killer-after-32-years/ndmsh/

The Union student went missing and ten days later her body was found shot and burned beyond recognition in a ditch in rural WagonerCounty.

A three-decade old cold case and police say they recently received new information but they still cannot find her killer...

A few months prior to her murder police say Lisa’s possible modeling job had fallen through with a guy with blonde hair who said he was from California and working with an older photographer. Police believe the two contacted Lisa again.

I provided the police with a possible person of interest in 2010. The circumstantial evidence is compelling, and this person lived only one street over in the same neighborhood as Lisa Henderson. This man also told me in a very threatening voice that Lisa Henerson's body should never have been found. Yet the police have yet to interview him.*There was motive in that Lisa was the favorite babysitter of this man's step-daughter, who he beat repeatedly. Lisa's father was an administrator in the Union school district. If Lisa told her dad about the child abuse to this little girl, then this man's career would be over.*The step-daughter has written an affadavit and passed a polygraph about the child abuse she endured. The step-daughter was 9 years old when Lisa Henderson was murdered.I fear for my life in coming forward as does the step-daughter. The man is upper middle class, and he is a viscious domestic abuser who physically & emotionally harmed three wives over a 40 year period from the 1970's to present. His second wife is dead, and the police never properly investigated her death. She was found several days after dying in her home.There is further evidence associated with how Lisa Henderson's body was found. It is very unlikely that anyone else in Lisa Henderson's realm of family, friends, or neighbors would have acess other than this man to this evidence. Again, the Tulsa police have not even interviewed him.*As mentioned he is upper middle class and very savvy at projecting a "Mr. Niceguy" image. After five years I feel the DA's office is literally protecting him. He no doubt believes he will never get caught by paying his attorney (s) large sums of $$$ so people only focus 3 feet in front of their face, and ignore other serious factors.Cold cases cannot be solved unless very potential suspects are interviewed. The theory the police have been pursuing for the past thirty years in the Lisa Henderson case will not solve it in my opinion, because it's the wrong theory!

Hi and welcome OOKinTulsa, are the family of Lisa aware of this info, if so are they scared of this person too? Hard to believe LE would not follow every lead:maddening:

I have not contacted Lisa Henderson's mother, <modsnip> because a detective working on this cold case said that I should not make direct contact. I did cross paths with the mother of Brittany Phillips at Panera Bread about a year ago. Brittany was a young college student murdered in Tulsa. Her mother has communicated with Lisa Henderson's mother, but I do not know if she relayed what I said.

After waiting 5 years for Tulsa TPD to at least interview this man, I would like to talk with Lisa Henderson's mom. She might remember something. I know when I was in high school my parents knew about families for my babysitting jobs. Also, so did my friends. This family just lived one street over from the Henderson's. When the step-daughter visited Tulsa in 2012 to interview with the cold case detective I drove her around this neighborhood, and she had flashbacks and remembered people/kids, etc that lived there back in 1979.

Lisa's mom is in her 70's, and she deserves to have this case solved. Her husband and son (Lisa's brother) have passed away. The longer TPD takes to pursue this very strong possibilty, the higher the risk that witnesses may no longer be living. The man who may be a person of interest is 68 years old.

This tragedy had a significant impact on me first as a child and still now as an adult.
Two years prior were the Camp Scott murders and two years after Lisa's abduction and death, Adam Walsh's story
was national news. I never viewed "safe and secure" quite the same way after those 3 events. I am quite security-obsessed even now, and I'm sure this is why, although I only put words around it a few years ago.

One of the girl scouts at Camp Scott was a relative of my mom's hairdresser, so I heard about those horrific events in a variety of settings.
Lisa Henderson was my neighbor. I was much younger, and part of a newly built neighborhood full of kids.
That summer, we were "put on lock down" first when she went missing, and then differently after they found her.
I am quite intrigued by the theory that's being presented about Lisa's babysitting job.
The men trolling the mall looking for models back then seemed to be the only lead that was ever discussed by the police with the families in our neighborhood.
I feel horrible for her mother; I simply cannot imagine not having closure to this.
I have not contacted Lisa Henderson's mother, <modsnip> because a detective working on this cold case said that I should not make direct contact. I did cross paths with the mother of Brittany Phillips at Panera Bread about a year ago. Brittany was a young college student murdered in Tulsa. Her mother has communicated with Lisa Henderson's mother, but I do not know if she relayed what I said.

After waiting 5 years for Tulsa TPD to at least interview this man, I would like to talk with Lisa Henderson's mom. She might remember something. I know when I was in high school my parents knew about families for my babysitting jobs. Also, so did my friends. This family just lived one street over from the Henderson's. When the step-daughter who was abused visited Tulsa in 2012 to interview with the cold case detective I drove her around this neighborhood, and she had flashbacks and remembered people/kids, etc that lived there back in 1979.

Lisa's mom is in her 70's, and she deserves to have this case solved. Her husband and son (Lisa's brother) have passed away. The longer TPD takes to pursue this very strong possibilty, the higher the risk that witnesses may no longer be living. The man who may be a person of interest is 68 years old.

I think the police have always known the lure to get a modeling job was a rouse
to trick Lisa Henderson. The layer of possible revenge/paranoia by a neighbor one street
over from where Lisa lived is only something that surfaced in the last few years.
The motive again is possibly that Lisa was the babysitter for this man's stepdaughter,
who was beaten almost weekly during this timeframe. Lisa was murdered when the
stepdaughter went for a two week summer visitation to see her real dad out of state. She
wanted to convince her real dad not to send her back to Tulsa. As soon as the stepdaughter
was picked up at the Tulsa airport after her trip, her mother and stepfather told her in the car the
horrible way Lisa Henderson was killed. The stepdaughter was only 9 years old at the time, and already
crying because she did not want to come home. After hearing about Lisa's death the stepdaughter was
terrified and in shock.

Previously the stepdaughter had tried to reach out to her Brownie Troop leader two years before. When she got home from a girl scout meeting she was severely beaten. It is unlikely, but a very remote posibility that the Camp Scott tragedy is also related.

Thank you for responding to my post. If you lived in the neighborhood during this timeframe
in the mid to late 1970s, the cold case detective for Lisa Henderson may want to talk with you.
The stepdaughter has given the names of two other children who lived near her to the police.
The detective is looking for kids who lived near Lisa Henderson. Most of the evidence is circumstantial
however, more possible pieces of the puzzle behind Lisa Henderson's abduction and murder I believe
are finally starting to surface.

The cold case detective is Eddie Majors with TPD, and his phone number is
(918) 596-9143. I hope that you will call him. Sometimes you may not even realize
but there could be insight from you as a child from the neighborhood back in 1979 that
could be useful to the investigation.

A few questions come to mind:

A witness described the driver of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo as a white male, approximately 40 years old, with dark thinning hair.

Do you know what this man looked like by chance that abused his step-daughter? Do you know who the witness might of been that reported seeing this?

A few months prior to her murder police say Lisa’s possible modeling job had fallen through with a guy with blonde hair who said he was from California and working with an older photographer. Police believe the two contacted Lisa again.

Dark thinning hair doesn't match the blonde hair of the guy from California. I wonder how accurate and how close was the witness to see the hair of the man in the car. Unless they just knew who owned that car maybe.

Wearing a long, white flowered dress and heels, she left around noon with a garment bag and climbed into a 1976-77 maroon Chevrolet Monte Carlo with no hubcaps and damage to the driver’s side.

Do you know if the man owned this type of car?

Does anyone know, a neighbor or former classmate, if Lisa took German at Union High School? The person mentioned in my previous post on the radar speaks fluent German.

Is this still the same man who lived a block over?

I have not contacted Lisa Henderson's mother because a detective working on this cold case said that I should not make direct contact.

Is this a normal response for cold cases from a detective? His answer doesn't sit very well with me and I probably would have ignored what he said and tried to contact her.

The mother deserves answers and see justice served for the murder of her daughter.

It's sad the little girl's mother didn't protect her from the abusive step-father. What is chilling to me is how the parents told this little girl about Lisa's death.

As soon as the stepdaughter was picked up at the Tulsa airport after her trip, her mother and stepfather told her in the car the horrible way Lisa Henderson was killed.

This man must be in some high position to be so protected or at least won over others with his phoney personality. Whether they love him or not, if he is guilty of murder then he is guilty and any who continue to protect are just as guilty.

Lisa would have been a beautiful model, her picture in this thread looks like she was a natural beauty. Have heard too many sad stories about women being tricked into photo shoots only to end up dead.

I am very sorry her mother still has no answers yet but she is lucky that others, like you, still search for those answers. Is there anything I can do to help?

Here's the sketch of the person said to have picked up Lisa in the maroon Monte Carlo, the original in the upper right and a aged progressed one with glasses.

0800247a-657e-4860-b57d-35305fa6d792

1) The man in the car was seen by a neighbor living across the street from Lisa Henderson. The man who I think should be investigated more seriously had medium brown hair. Yes, I have pictures of him from within 5 years of Lisa Henderson's murder, but I'm hesistant to post these online. (Please advise)

2) In 1979 the man owned a brown car, however, it was not a Monte Carlo. I may try to find out more specifics on this car.

3) Yes, the man who lived a block over speaks fluent German, however, he hides it. It is colloquial German not just textbook German that you learn in school (or college). Several people have witnessed this, and even one person who is German ... they were quite surprised how well he spoke in German with German/European accent. It has surfaced with an old email that he may also speak Swedish. This man also uses eating utensils European style, and becomes very agitated if someone questions it.

If Lisa Henderson took German in high school, then she may have accidently overheard something while babysitting. There has to be a reason why she was killed, and there could be frankly several motives with the man I mentioned. He is a very viscious individual with a PTSD diagnosis (Vietnam veteran).

4) I will consider contacting Lisa Henderson's mom. I do feel TPD is for some reason dragging their feet to investigate this man, and I only get excuses or logic to "stall" from the detective whenever I've asked.

5) The mother of the step-daughter was also severely abused, so I think that she did not protect her daughter for fear of retribution from this man. The step-daughter is a very strong woman, however, the exposure to abuse during her childhood has impacted her adult life in many ways. She has forgiven her mother, since her life was also so tragic being married to this man. In March, 2004, her mother was found dead several days after she passed. There are questions because although the police report says that she died of a heart attack, her daughter said there were pools of blood on the floor and in the bathroom. She had to cleanup her mother's house. She believes there was foul play, but the police did not investigate it. She also saw a bloody hand-print on the wall, which she believes was her mom's because her mom had very small hands. There was never even an autopsy done. Her mother was living in the Baton-Rouge area at the time of her death. I think his second wife knew many things about this man's past/history, and it may have put her in jeopardy. His first wife divorced him 1-2 years after he returned from Vietnam in the early 1970's. The second wife was with him for around 20 years divorcing in 1986.

6) This man is on the radar because of circumstantial evidence at the scene where Lisa Henderson's body was found. I feel the police have truely dropped the ball in still not even questioning this man. I do feel at this point there is a reason and that he is basically being protected. His attorney probably has connections in the Tulsa DA's office.

It sounds like you have a lot if experience, so maybe you can advise or pursue an avenue to get this person further investigated or at least questioned by the police. He will probably lie or refuse to answer questions, but I do not think that is reason enough for the police to keep stalling in questioning him.

... Where are you located, are you local in Tulsa?

Per TOS pictures of the neighborhood man can't be posted. Though, does he have ties to a car described like the Monte Carlo? Does he resemble the sketch of the perp?

Do we know if LE has been able to obtain any dna evidence in the years since the crime has been committed?

Note correction to my above post in that this man divorced his second wife in 1996, not 1986.

Others feel that he does look like the pictures of the pickup person, especially the age enhanced version for the eyes/nose/mouth features.

My instincts say that possibly a family member of this man may have clues if anyone in his extended family owned a maroon Monte Carlo. This man was the youngest of over nine male cousins (reputation as a very wild bunch in western Oklahoma ... Clinton area), some of whom are car & restoration phanatics, etc.

I was told no DNA in 2010, however, the above caption for a cold case "spotlight" implies that possibly "old" DNA evidence is being retested. The detective mentioned something within the last 5 years that Lisa Henderson had been wrapped in a shower curtain. With forensic techniques continually improving I hope and pray that there is some way to test for further DNA evidence. Also, mitochondria DNA if there was any evidence of hairs other than Lisa's found at the scene.

Where is the stepdaughter now? Why didn't her bio dad intervene? Is her mom the wife who is dead or is she still married to the man.

Re that sketch of the subject I wouldn't get in a car with that guy. Creepy.

I am most curious about this theory w/the neighbor a street over. The families (mine included) on those streets interacted & were close; the young girl you mention was just a year or two younger than I was, so she was in my brother' class. We were all friends...
I lived next door to Lisa.
Not sure whether she took German, but may be able to find out.
I'm racking my brain on neighbors. I'm also still in contact with 3 others from down our street & one street over.
Interesting info., but horrible memories of that brief time of my childhood; could never shake it.

Not sure if this thread is dead but I've just started reading up on this case. Does anyone have more detailed information about the men that were trolling the malls looking for models? Was this information Lisa had passed on to her family when she mentioned she had an appointment with them?

Does anyone know, a neighbor or former classmate, if Lisa took German at Union High School? The person mentioned in my previous post on the radar speaks fluent German.
My mother went to school with Lisa, she stated that Union did not offer German. Only Spanish and French.

Hi and welcome OOKinTulsa, are the family of Lisa aware of this info, if so are they scared of this person too? Hard to believe LE would not follow every lead:maddening:

BBM I know you are just kidding ! OK infamous for not following leads

Not sure if it could help this case but, around the same time a guy tried to get me in his car. He said he wanted me to model for him. I also seen him not too long after driving through a school parking lot. He was driving a maroon car and had dark thinning hair.

This case is so tragic! Cold cases in Oklahoma are especially close to my heart, as my boyfriend’s mother was brutally murdered in Norman, OK back in 1987. They caught her killer in 1997-ish though. Giving this thread a bump in hopes that they can find Lisa Ann’s killer too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back