GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7 - Trial Day 8 -
Trial Day 9
- Trial Day 10

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sheesh - first on a new thread :)

<modsnip>

I'm still. Here, will just tag along until the drugs put Me to sleep lol... Still can't believe he got up there and rambled for hours about his whole life story!!! Wtf??!!

I don't think there's enough evidence to convict. Maybe the plan is that in taking the stand that the jury will think he's not smart enough to have pulled it off. You don't need to be smart though, just rat cunning.

My word!

I don't know what was worse - GBC and his Barristers soliloquys or reading through almost 60 pages on my tiny wee phone.

Far out, brussel sprout!

I know this probably sounds awful to some of you,but I can understand infidelities, depression,pressure to succeed etc - we are all human and have our flaws.

I think he genuinely loved Al. I think that in time as he grew older he didn't love her like he did back in 95. We all grow up, our perspectives change. What he did by cheating on both Al and TCM ( the other women out there too) was deplorable. Saying the same thing to both women,giving them both hope and he buries his head in the sand.

before I forget: for what its worth I think what he was trying to do on the stand so far is paint a picture of their life together before he started cheating and the rest of the events.

I don,t think there's enough evidence to convict. Maybe the plan is that in taking the stand that the jury will think he's not smart enough to have pulled it off. You don't need to be smart though, just rat cunning.

And a bit of luck helps ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the girls saying that mum and dad never fought. And when they spoke about the affair they drove to Mount Cootha. I wonder if they took their arguments outside to the carport so they wouldn't upset the children. The argument turned in to something more. She lashed out, scratching his chest area after he maybe hit her first, making her bleed. He grabbed her throat, she clawed his face, and he kept squeezing until she died.

snipped from other thread~

Neuromancer

Something I just saw pointed out on another forum - in today's ramble, GBC described in some detail the pyjamas Allison was wearing when he "last saw her on the couch", yet he was also able to exactly describe for the police the next day the (different) walking outfit she was found in.

I'm pretty sure GBC said Allison had 2 walking outfits and he checked which one was gone. While looking it up found the outfit used on mannequin when Allison disappeared. The jumper isn't there though.

442292-missing.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clay-still-missing-as-husband-gerard-baden-clay-returns-to-brookfield-home-he-shared-with-her-until-she-vanished-a-week-ago/story-e6freoof-1226339257059

I'm still. Here, will just tag along until the drugs put Me to sleep lol... Still can't believe he got up there and rambled for hours about his whole life story!!! Wtf??!!

The whole thing is that none of it is really pertinent to the current investigation. You would have to be blind Freddy not to know that Allison did not suicide, even though she had suffered from depression. She did not walk 14km to Kholo Creek as she would have been seen along busy Moggill Road. GBC has some pretty incriminating gouges in his face which does not gel with his "blunt razor" explanation.

It is highly probable that at least one member of that jury will have experienced a depressive episode. I've read somewhere that the statistics for having such an episode is up to 85% of the general population. So depression and anxiety are quite common. Allison Baden-Clay was taking a relatively low dose of sertraline (Zoloft) and by all accounts was well controlled and had good insight (as many do) into her particular experience of depression and anxiety.

Which is why I cannot understand the Defence and GBC banging on about Allison's depression. Given the lies has has already told, he doesn't bring much credibility to the witness box. I cannot understand why they would call a psychiatrist to discuss serotonin syndrome, which usually occurs when more than one antidepressant and or other drug is prescribed. I mentioned in the last thread that there was one known definitive case of SS in Qld last year, so it's hardly common - and the symptoms are so distressing you'd be on your way to hospital in a flash.

I also cannot understand the Defence doing tide studies of the Kholo to chart movement of vegetation when clearly the species found in Allison's hair were not located in the Kholo Creek vicinity and verified and checked by the botanist.

If GBC is truly innocent then there would not have been any need for such a cocktail of lies/conflicting information and multiple doctors appointments.

MOO

Only just got home.......OMG how many pages do I have to read to catch up ???? Am going back to start at the beginning but felt quite lonely being back there so I thought I'd pop on here to say HI. As I was making my way here scrolled past lots of 'c' words ..... And was literally LOLing and then had to explain to my husband..... And never sounds quite so hilarious when I'm explaining to him. Anyway thanks in advance for all the updates and opinions I'm about to read. ( and jokes, I'm sure!) hopefully will catch up before my bedtime!

You were totally right Trooper...GBC has taken the stand and I am astounded. I thought today when I read that GBC stated that the girls were up late and normally they would be up quite early, that it could also point to him possibly giving the kids something to keep them asleep for the night? I honestly cannot see how the man is innocent with the evidence presented so far.

I see GBC thought it necessary to mention during his murder trial, what he was doing the day Princess Diana died. Maybe he thinks his lineage entitles him to feel some close connection there?

Whatever. I don't think the Olympic athlete reference worked too well, given what's happening in South Africa at the moment. And if he's going to mention grand lineage and influential (and therefore incapable of committing a crime?) people, in the hope they'll somehow be associated with him - he'd better be careful.

It might also stir memories of Lord Lucan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lord-lucan-escaped-africa-and-could-743032

You were totally right Trooper...GBC has taken the stand and I am astounded. I thought today when I read that GBC stated that the girls were up late and normally they would be up quite early, that it could also point to him possibly giving the kids something to keep them asleep for the night? I honestly cannot see how the man is innocent with the evidence presented so far.

Tarjessi, I was in court when that was examined through interviews with the three children. Personally I don't believe he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member