GUILTY OR - Latia Harris charged in beating caught on video, Salem, 2014

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Watch: Mom beaten as toddler tries to intervene; Salem police seek assailant
WARNING: The video included in this story contains foul language and scenes of violence that some viewers may find disturbing. SALEM — Police are searching for a woman seen on an amateur video savagely beating another woman as the victim's 2-year-old son watched and pleaded for t...
Read More...

The person who took the video appears to have happened upon the incident and began recording, probably using a cell phone. The video shows several others watching the beating and recording it on phones while the victim's toddler son tries to intervene on behalf of his mother, kicking at the assailant.

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...ervene_salem_police_seek_assailant_video.html

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, for heavens sake. There are numerous children around while this is happening. I can't tell for sure, but it sounds like the assaulter is yelling at her about something that happened at court? Well, I guess pounding on this woman is as good of a way to keep yourself out of court as any other? And what's with these adult-looking men not intervening?

There's a lot of racial discussion in the comments below the story. I won't touch on that. I don't think it's relevant.

I hope they find this person and arrest her for beating this woman and for threatening the child who was only trying to protect his mother.

It looks like she's been identified by people in the comments. Hopefully this info has been passed on to LE.

It shouldn't be too difficult for LE to find this woman. Hopefully they will soon and she'll be brought to justice. I usually don't post comments like this but I certainly hope she gets a beat down once she gets to jail.

It's really disturbing that no one helped the victim yet video taped it. It's a strange, scary world we live in.

It's disgusting....

From the link:
"Police in this county deal with this type of violence everyday. Yet, this video is physically sickening to watch," Salem Chief of Police John J. Pelura III said Wednesday.

How sad for the poor boy to watch his poor mum get hurt, and yet no one helped the woman and just stood and watched?? What a sad sad world we live in.

I can't bring myself to watch the video, but from the article you posted - I find this statement so telling and sad.

"There is a moral and social breakdown in the fabric of our society which is clearly evident when a woman gets pummeled in broad daylight in front of her child while a dozen people pull out their phones to record the incident instead of calling for help," Pelura said. "There is so little regard for human life — by the actor and the bystanders."

Interview with mom & updated article.

Salem video beating victim was 'really afraid' during attack toddler son watched
SALEM — Catherine Ferreira cried through the whole conversation as she described the beating she suffered Tuesday on a walking path behind a fast food restaurant near her home. She didn't want the notoriety and she especially didn't want her 2-year-old son to be exposed to the...
Read More...

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...r_life_and_her_2-year-old.html#incart_m-rpt-1

bu9agasa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Wow...my heart broke hearing the angry screams of that poor little boy...how traumatic...I hope they find that .

IMO this woman needs around the clock police protection until that psychopath is found and arrested.

I reluctantly watched the video just now and am speechless......

hope that the victim has taken out an order of protection

When i heard THE LITTLE BOY CRY OUT--- MOMMMYY//////// I CRIED...............then i almost threw up. i kinda think some vigilante justice is warranted here. THAT B--CH NEEDS TO BE FOUND.

I still can't get over it took an ambulance over a hour to show up.

No one deserves to be beaten.

Does it mitigate this at all - that the victim was at her place of work spreading rumors to her coworkers that the attacker was having an affair with the boss? The victim here doesn't seem to take any responsibility - at all - for the fact that apparently the attacker called her several times over the course of the previous few days. I wonder if the victim had just owned up, told her friends it wasn't true, if the attacker wouldn't have backed off.

This is extremely coarse behavior on the part of the attacker. If I were the judge in this case I'd be interested to hear more about the victim spreading this rumor.

And I do agree with the victim - the onlookers were children. I can't imagine a child stepping up and stopping that enormous woman from attacking. But they could have called 911.

No one deserves what was done to her. So she spread a few rumors, that for all we know are true. Or not. But does it deserve a beating like that?? If i was a judge i wouldn't care what the motive was if it was something like a rumor of an affair. Nothing short of hurting her children can justify it at all.

No one deserves what was done to her. So she spread a few rumors, that for all we know are true. Or not. But does it deserve a beating like that?? If i was a judge i wouldn't care what the motive was if it was something like a rumor of an affair. Nothing short of hurting her children can justify it at all.

I'm always surprised at how low life people attack each other physically all the time, or threaten to attack each other all the time. I just never see people punching each other as a means to work through their personal issues in my own life circles.

I guess watching Jerry Springer and YouTube postings, you see it's common. :(

When I first glanced at this article I thought this was a random attack of some poor hapless mom out at McDonalds for the day when this huge angry stranger assaults her out of nowhere.

What if what the perp said is true - that this could cost her her job? She's a single mother of two, and here was this woman coming to her work place spreading a rumor that could get her fired and then (reading between the lines) refuses to acknowledge it and take it back?

I guess my question is "who deserves to have their job threatened by someone gossiping about them having an affair with the boss?"
I've certainly heard of people punched for less reason than that.

trash does as trash does.

Horrible. Did you see the toddler trying to kick the attacker and take up for poor mom??

omfg disgusted. And also disgusted at the people STANDING THERE DOING NOTHING. Shame on them, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back