1204 users online (195 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NY - Christine Bitting, 17 & Breanna LaJoie, 15, Ancram, 25 June 2014

Christine Bitting & Breanna LaJoie

State Police seek help finding missing girls

LIVINGTON -
    State Police in Columbia County say they need the public's help finding two teens who disappeared from the Berkshire Girls home in Ancram. Christine Bitting and Breanna LaJoie were last seen at the home at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
    http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...#photo-6514809
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Christine Bitting & Breanna LaJoie

State Police seek help finding missing girls

LIVINGTON -

http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...#photo-6514809
    Columbia county is very rural for miles and miles. The facility in Ancram is not too far from Miss Bittings home town of Pine Plains - about a fifteen minute drive. It is possible then that Christine had someone she knew pick them up. If walking, they would be very noticeable.

Breanna LaJoie's hometown is much further away and across the Hudson River. Unless they had a ride or hitch hiked, this would be quite a trek to reach there.

There are no major cities close to Ancram. All tiny towns, farmland and forest. I think the closest city is south - Poughkeepsie.

I am hoping the girls head to Pine Plains where they ( at least Christine) could be recognized. They are too young to be wandering alone out there.

The major thoroughfare though Columbia County is the Taconic State Parkway. It runs north-south. North to Mass Pike. South close to NYC. Hope they wouldn't attempt to hitch this route, but locals should be on the lookout for two girls thumbing a ride along here or any rural route in Columbia county.

Fingers crossed that these young girls are located and, in the meantime, keep out of harm's way.
    For those who look sunwards, the shadows fall behind.

A special shout out to Los, who has done so much to bring many missing cases to Websleuths. Thanks, Los!!

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRose View Post
    A special shout out to Los, who has done so much to bring many missing cases to Websleuths. Thanks, Los!!
    Thank you Emma...that means A LOT to me, and that's from my heart. Thank you and thank you to everyone here. You all are awesome.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Thank you Emma...that means A LOT to me, and that's from my heart. Thank you and thank you to everyone here. You all are awesome.
    Well, you deserve it. It is amazing what each of us brings to the table. Great, great bunch of people. Let's bring em on home !!
    Last edited by EmmaRose; 06-26-2014 at 05:48 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/nyspolice/p...15971218504627

**UPDATE** MISSING TEENS LOCATED!
    Missing teens Christine Bitting & Breanna LaJoie have been located and returned to the Berkshire Girls Home. Thank you for your assistance.

Thanks, OkieGranny. I had wondered if they ever found the girls. So glad they are safe. Too easy for things to end tragically in their situation.