Woman sues job ...she doesn't like rush hour traffic

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
From Courier-Post:
Woman files suit against former employer over anxiety driving
A Berlin woman who says busy roads worsen her anxiety has sued a former employer who refused to change her schedule to avoid rush-hour traffic.

http://on.cpsj.com/T4bz9N

This is hilarious!

I hated rush hour traffic too. I left my house earlier to avoid it in the mornings and often did my shopping or dined after work, in the vicinity, to avoid it after work.

I'd like to smack that woman. Wouldn't it be nice if ALL disabilities could be "cured" by rescheduling a commute????
The nerve!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently she was fired for incompetence (stupidity). The following article sounds as if she was trying for disability status.

"Andrea DeGerolamo also contends Fulton Financial Corp. fired her in May 2013 in retaliation for her efforts to address alleged workplace bias."

"According to the lawsuit, Fulton Financial changed DeGerolamo's schedule for a short period, then made no effort to accommodate her. The suit also says DeGerolamo returned from leave to find her duties were downgraded improperly to "clerical-type work.""

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/25/employer-lawsuit-anxiety-driving/11346173/

This has my panties in a huge knot!!!

I'm so aggravated, my blood pressure is raised... Paired with twisted skivvies... I think I have a case!!! I think I'm gonna find a lawyer and sue HER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has my panties in a huge knot!!!...

I understand and agree with you that the Americans with Disabilities Act shouldn't be abused, but the plaintiff actually has the right method even if her goal is questionable.

Employers should be forced to stagger shifts in urban areas. Doing so will probably cut down on employee anxiety, but that's just gravy.

Reducing traffic congestions reduces consumption of fossil fuels we are quickly exhausting and which contribute to climate instability.

I understand and agree with you that the Americans with Disabilities Act shouldn't be abused, but the plaintiff actually has the right method even if her goal is questionable.

Employers should be forced to stagger shifts in urban areas. Doing so will probably cut down on employee anxiety, but that's just gravy.

Reducing traffic congestions reduces consumption of fossil fuels we are quickly exhausting and which contribute to climate instability.

well mr. bee's employer is doing their part......telecommuting!!:loveyou:

i give him crap all the time about his "torturous commute".......downstairs to his office:floorlaugh: and the suits have been replaced with workout clothes......he wears his little cordless headset, so while working, if not at his computer setup, he's checking his plants outside his office door......or playing fetch with boris, or even in the pool room shooting a game with the headset on mute:floorlaugh:

i LOVE him being here as his stress has lessened by scads but it does take away his right to gripe about a tiring day :giggle:

btw his company is a fortune 100 company and have been promoting telecommuting for years...........I LOVE THEM :winkkiss:

That's great to hear, Queen Bee! Most of the companies I've worked for have been unable or unwilling to work out such alternative solutions.

And I do understand that telecommuting and even staggered shifts may pose a challenge at first to workplaces that are used to having everybody on site at the same time.

In my post above, I wrote that employers should be "forced" to stagger shifts; I should have written "encouraged". I firmly believe we can reduce traffic congestion with better education, by providing models for companies to follow, and by rewarding those that adapt with good p.r. and/or tax incentives.

Unfortunately, we are in a period where big money runs the show. And despite the pro-capitalist hype, corporations are not inherently efficient or welcoming to change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back