682 users online (64 members and 618 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Michelle Dewey, 20, Indianapolis, 1 July 1991

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department -- Michelle Dewey
    Victim: Michelle Dewey

Shot: 58 S. Downey

On: July 1, 1991

IMPD Case Number: 901147A

On July 1, 1991 Michelle Dewey a twenty year old single mother was found strangled to
    death in her second floor apartment at 58 S. Downey, Indianapolis Indiana. This is in the Irvington area. Her eighteen month old son was in a back bedroom with the door wedged shut, he was unharmed

Cold Case
    (317) 327-3068
    (317) 327-3849

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    The door wedged shut?

Michelle Dewey and son

Who killed Michelle Dewey?
    Posted: Nov 23, 2009 8:43 PM CDT -- Updated: Nov 24, 2009 2:39 PM CDT
    Scott Swan/Eyewitness News

"She lived every day for her son," said Michelle's sister. Jennifer Coulter-Lissman sat at a table with Michelle's mother and aunt and looked at pictures of Michelle and her son. "He was the purpose of her life," Coulter-Lissman added.

[...]

On July 1, 1991 Michelle Dewey was sun bathing in the backyard of her Irvington home on South Downey Avenue. "Michelle was sitting in the lawn chair and Willie was playing in the little wading pool," recalls Michelle's aunt Jane Bray...

Her son was left unharmed inside the home. The discovery was made by a young babysitter who called police. Family members remember getting the horrible news and arriving at the scene.

"It was taped off by the police. The detectives walked up and told me that she was dead," recalls Bray. Police investigated Michelle's death but made no arrests. Initially, family members believed Michelle was murdered by someone she knew.

Michelle's son, Will Prescott, is now 20 years old. He has grown up wondering who killed his mother. "I ask myself why," Prescott says. "Did this person have feelings for me to keep me alive?"
    Larry DeWayne Hall??

His brother says, yes.
    "Larry confessed that he was in the Irvington area of Indianapolis on July 1, 1991," says Gary Hall. Larry Hall, according to his brother, had driven to Irvington to check out a blue Dodge van listed in a Trader newspaper.

[...]

A 1980 blue Dodge van was advertised for sale in the Trader in June 1991. It mentioned the van's blue interior, a 318 engine and an asking price of $1,500. Police want to know who sold the van or placed the ad.

Police are also looking for a copy of the Trader, June 20-29, 1991. If you have information, please call IMPD.
    http://www.wthr.com/story/11562020/w...michelle-dewey
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-11-2015 at 02:51 AM. Reason: fixed broken link
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

CNN LIVE EVENT/SPECIAL

To Catch a Serial Killer
    Aired July 4, 2011 - 22:00 ET
    THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

BROOKE BALDWIN, CNN ANCHOR (voice-over): Here in the Midwest, several young girls went missing. Some were found murdered. Others were never found at all.

Laurie Depies, 20, in Appleton, Wisconsin; Rayna Rison, 16, from La Porte, Indiana; Wendy Felton, 16 from Marion, Indiana; Michelle Dewey, 20, in Indianapolis, Indiana, all of these cases went unsolved. Officials believed only one man knew what happened.

[...]

GARY HALL, BROTHER OF LARRY HALL: Larry, just like Jimmy Keene calls him, and he is. He's a baby killer.

REPORTER (on camera): You think your brother is a baby killer.

HALL: I don't have no doubt in my mind.

REPORTER: Do you think your brother killed more than Jessica Roach?

HALL: Yes.

REPORTER: Do you think your brother killed Tricia Reitler?

REPORTER: Rayna Rison?

Michelle Dewey?

REPORTER (voice-over): As Gary started talking more openly, detectives approached him, asking for help.

HALL: I went with the Indianapolis detectives down to try to get my brother to confess. He made me leave the room. He did, in fact, confess on tape to 15 serial murders.

REPORTER: Larry later retracted, again. And while he can't ever seem to stick to one story, he does, sometimes, seem to have regrets.

L. HALL: I didn't want to keep living my life the way I was living it. I wanted things to be different, you know, but I guess I didn't really do the right things and change the way my life was going.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK