Missing Women Algorithm

Fireweed

Reaction score
Anybody out there good with databases and math? I was wondering if it would not be possible to create an algorithm to help pinpoint serial killers cases before even more women become victims. Here is what I was thinking. It seems that most prostitutes who are victims of serial killers are reported missing by a friend or family member. We now have a national database for such things. Could there simply not be an automatic program which links geographical area, ethnicity, age, height, weight, place last seen, etc?

I came across this paragraph when reading an article about the West Mesa Killer:

The missing women are eerily similar, with a few exceptions are relatively young and range in height from 4-feet, 11 inches to 5-feet, 3 inches tall. Of those missing in the more recent years, 13 were reported missing in towns within a 60-mile radius of Albuquerque, such as Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, Belen, Grants and Santa Fe. (Grants is about an hour and 15 minutes from Albuquerque by car.)​

It just struck me as sad that such a connection was made only after the fact. I would think that with a national database and the technology we have today that such a connection could be made before the fact (obviously it would be too late for many), but at the very least LE could be on the look out, and could warn sex workers in the area of the danger.

Yeah so I was thinking about this mainly because I do not think that LISK stopped. He is doing this somewhere else. Let me guess, a few years from now someone will happen upon a body dump, and it will turn out that all the women were similar in appearance, all went missing from the same general area, and all were reported missing relatively soon after the were last seen.

Fireweed that is an excellent idea !

An additional, similar, database for not prostitutes should also be created.

Fireweed that is an excellent idea !

An additional, similar, database for not prostitutes should also be created.

Actually I was thinking that all women would go in there - if they had been known to work as prostitutes, then that would be one factor in processing information. Being a runaway would overlap with being a prostitute, for example, since many runaways eventually turn to sex work, or are as vulnerable as a prostitute. I mean there could be an entire set of factors that could be used to collect data.

Surely there is an "average" amount of women who go missing at any given time at any given place. What this would look for would be clusters that show up whenever a serial killer is active. Whenever the program spotted a cluster, someone would go through the list and see if the women and girls had actually shown up alive at some point. If not, then LE would know that they were looking for a serial killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back