1100 users online (247 members and 853 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
    -- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/tod...sr=google_news
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Please continue here.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Media/Resource Thread

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 06-27-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Yay, fresh and clean. Thanks, Salem!

nice.....fresh start to the weekend

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/25887...ptops-pictures

I believe this is just another ploy to garner sympathy.....
    as discussed on previous thread, emails, facebook ((from friends and family)) could all provide needed photos for the service.

Wow, how did I miss this?

Can someone give me the best link to get up to speed on this case?

"But Pierce told CNN on Friday, "I cannot confirm that the child, as originally reported, was in the car at 9 a.m.""

Link in first post.
    So What does that mean?
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post

as discussed on previous thread, emails, facebook ((from friends and family)) could all provide needed photos for the service.
    I want to think it's an honest request, but they should have known better. That laptop is evidence.

What do we know about the mom?
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    I want to think it's an honest request, but they should have known better. That laptop is evidence.

What do we know about the mom?
    The mom is not a suspect so that is that for her. I can imagine that she is panicked about losing all the pictures that show the life of her now dead son. I think it is normal to want to make sure they are safe and she will get them back.

I am sure they will make sure she does.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post

You would want to have every picture after losing your son. You have the ones that matter most to you. It seems to me to be a normal request and I am sure they will get them back to her at a later time. But it is all she has left of Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post

Thread one lol

Just kidding...Just read the media thread and jump in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post

Try here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10667020#post10667020"]GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mos *** MEDIA LINKS *** NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks!! I didn't even know there was a media thread. I'll check it out.

You know googling on the smell in the car, I can not get one pinpointed comment that it smelled like death. I don't see it , If anyone has a link it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
    -- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/tod...sr=google_news
    BBM

That makes it seem like there was evidence of something more than just deceased from the heat ; possibly more harm than the blue/grey skin , and rigor mortis Cooper was in ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    I am not sure that is a correct statement in the article unfortunately. As late as last night, the local news has said the police will not comment about the search, or the timing of the search. Even in articles today, I am reading the same thing.
    You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    seems likely, jmo, that daycare would have required multiple phone #'s, like Dad' cell & office landline, Mom's cell & work landline, home landline (if app).
    Maybe other - third party contact phone #.

Seems likely, daycare policy, procedure would have required contact to all the numbers until employee talked w Dad, Mom, or Other.

But ppl get busy & distracted w other things, so compliance w procedure could be a sticking point here.

Mere speculation on my part.
    Exactly. Why wasn't the mother called?

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Okay, I now give my full support to Vic Reynolds, even though I don't live in the state of Georgia. That was a political hit piece! What a bunch of garbage. The charges were NOT unsubstantiated. And Black Ops Helicopters, really???
    I;m so confused. The video shows nice photos of Vic Reynolds with his family. Is it a hit peice or an ad in favor of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Judicious1 View Post
    Before I respond I have to ask you one thing... Do you feel if a prosecutor can bring forward evidence at trial that equals all defendants are guilty? To me with out a confession or eye witness that's not true. Its all circumstantial at that point.

I don't think she was innocent I'm just saying with circumstantial evidence It either fits together to tells the actual turn of events or it doesn't. Being a juror still didn't understand how this little girl died and gave that statement to the media that tells me somewhere there is doubt something else could have happened and not all the prosecutions evidence was as solid as they believed it to be. Therefore nothing we say about how she died is fact. It our opinion based on what we heard presented as evidence.

And I think all the others were guilty as well. But I don't feel every person acquitted was actually guilty because prosecution had what they felt was evidence to the contrary just the ones you mentioned.
    Most legal eagles I talk to belief it had everything to do with sequestration and not the lack of direct evidence. There is a reason judges are trending away from sequestration since that verdict. (Jodi Arias, Jerry Sandusky, George Huguely). Six weeks confined. They just wanted to go home. Several more weeks for a penalty phase was more than they could stand.

For those wanting the direct article from New York Daily News stating the internet search was in the days prior to the death, here it is:

http://nydn.us/1iG48BO
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast