GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
-- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

140620201004-nr-brooke-mom-lost-kid-in-hot-car-00004516-story-body.jpg

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/?sr=google_news

Wow, how did I miss this?

Can someone give me the best link to get up to speed on this case?

"But Pierce told CNN on Friday, "I cannot confirm that the child, as originally reported, was in the car at 9 a.m.""

Link in first post.
So What does that mean?

I want to think it's an honest request, but they should have known better. That laptop is evidence.

What do we know about the mom?

The mom is not a suspect so that is that for her. I can imagine that she is panicked about losing all the pictures that show the life of her now dead son. I think it is normal to want to make sure they are safe and she will get them back.

I am sure they will make sure she does.

nice.....fresh start to the weekend

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/2588...rris-denied-access-to-seized-laptops-pictures

I believe this is just another ploy to garner sympathy.....
as discussed on previous thread, emails, facebook ((from friends and family)) could all provide needed photos for the service.

You would want to have every picture after losing your son. You have the ones that matter most to you. It seems to me to be a normal request and I am sure they will get them back to her at a later time. But it is all she has left of Cooper.

Thread one;) lol

Just kidding...Just read the media thread and jump in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10667020#post10667020"]GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mos *** MEDIA LINKS *** NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks!! I didn't even know there was a media thread. I'll check it out.

You know googling on the smell in the car, I can not get one pinpointed comment that it smelled like death. I don't see it , If anyone has a link it would be appreciated.

Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
-- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/?sr=google_news
BBM

That makes it seem like there was evidence of something more than just deceased from the heat ; possibly more harm than the blue/grey skin , and rigor mortis Cooper was in ?
:moo:

I am not sure that is a correct statement in the article unfortunately. As late as last night, the local news has said the police will not comment about the search, or the timing of the search. Even in articles today, I am reading the same thing.

You may be right.

seems likely, jmo, that daycare would have required multiple phone #'s, like Dad' cell & office landline, Mom's cell & work landline, home landline (if app).
Maybe other - third party contact phone #.

Seems likely, daycare policy, procedure would have required contact to all the numbers until employee talked w Dad, Mom, or Other.

But ppl get busy & distracted w other things, so compliance w procedure could be a sticking point here.

Mere speculation on my part.

Exactly. Why wasn't the mother called?

Okay, I now give my full support to Vic Reynolds, even though I don't live in the state of Georgia. That was a political hit piece! What a bunch of garbage. The charges were NOT unsubstantiated. And Black Ops Helicopters, really???

I;m so confused. The video shows nice photos of Vic Reynolds with his family. Is it a hit peice or an ad in favor of him?

Before I respond I have to ask you one thing... Do you feel if a prosecutor can bring forward evidence at trial that equals all defendants are guilty? To me with out a confession or eye witness that's not true. Its all circumstantial at that point.

I don't think she was innocent I'm just saying with circumstantial evidence It either fits together to tells the actual turn of events or it doesn't. Being a juror still didn't understand how this little girl died and gave that statement to the media that tells me somewhere there is doubt something else could have happened and not all the prosecutions evidence was as solid as they believed it to be. Therefore nothing we say about how she died is fact. It our opinion based on what we heard presented as evidence.

And I think all the others were guilty as well. But I don't feel every person acquitted was actually guilty because prosecution had what they felt was evidence to the contrary just the ones you mentioned.

Most legal eagles I talk to belief it had everything to do with sequestration and not the lack of direct evidence. There is a reason judges are trending away from sequestration since that verdict. (Jodi Arias, Jerry Sandusky, George Huguely). Six weeks confined. They just wanted to go home. Several more weeks for a penalty phase was more than they could stand.

For those wanting the direct article from New York Daily News stating the internet search was in the days prior to the death, here it is:

http://nydn.us/1iG48BO

You know googling on the smell in the car, I can not get one pinpointed comment that it smelled like death. I don't see it , If anyone has a link it would be appreciated.

Only verbally have I heard it repeated. I think it started at the press
Conference.

I have said this a lot of times but it nags at me concerning the smell.... So many other parents that lost children to hyperthermia due to leaving them in the car accidently for a full work day just like this case, drove from work to the daycare to retrieve the child at the end of the day. Not one mentioned a smell. They all aimed they had no idea the child was still in the car. I would think there should be a smell! I Just don't know when it should start to smell and why that wasn't mentioned story after story. like I went to go home and got in my car and there was an awful smell. When I got went to investigate where it was coming from I discovered my child etc etc.

Only verbally have I heard it repeated. I think it started at the press
Conference.

I have said this a lot of times but it nags at me concerning the smell.... So many other parents that lost children to hyperthermia due to leaving them in the car accidently for a full work day just like this case, drove from work to the daycare to retrieve the child at the end of the day. Not one mentioned a smell. They all aimed they had no idea the child was still in the car. I would think there should be a smell! I Just don't know when it should start to smell and why that wasn't mentioned story after story. like I went to go home and got in my car and there was an awful smell. When I got went to investigate where it was coming from I discovered my child etc etc.

I just don't believe it then. If it is not printed in MSM then I do not believe it is true yet.

I can't find it either. Though since the trialthatshallnotbenamed, I stopped trusting people saying "it's smells like a damn dead body in there" as evidence. Proved to be irrelevant :(

link => http://www.people.com/article/toddl...er-police-respond-false-reports#disqus_thread

from link => Police...are frustrated with rumors circulating around the case.

you wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car.

=================

The internet search never happened. just a stupid rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSuth07