WA WA - Kyeimah Spann, 6, Seattle, 1 Jan 2005 *S. Spann guilty*

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A woman drowned her 6-year-old daughter in a bathtub last New Year's Eve, then went to a hardware store, bought an ax and chopped off the girl's head, King County prosecutors said Monday.

Samara Laverne Spann, 30, currently jailed in Sacramento, Calif., was charged with first-degree murder after she gave a videotaped confession to detectives that she killed her daughter, Kyeimah, while she was living in Seattle's White Center neighborhood, prosecutors said. A judge set bail at $1 million.

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=77775

On June 7, Samara Spann's father called the sheriff's office to say he had heard rumors that she had killed the girl. Three days later, a Sacramento County sheriff's detective arrested her on an unrelated accusation of slapping a different child.

While in custody, she confessed to killing Kyeimah, prosecutors said. In the statement, Spann admitted using drugs heavily during the pregnancy and said it was because the girl was a "demon" that she cut off her head, according to charging papers filed in King County Superior Court.

http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-061305mothermurdercharge,0,7188399.story?coll=kcpq-home-1

King County, again? I'm sure it's a beautiful place, but has little sun, high suicide rate, Ted Bundy, The Green River Killer, many cops are wife-beaters, many women get arrested for defending themselves against their abuser husbands. (All documented). Ugh, I don't think you could pay me to live there!

Kalypso said:
King County, again? I'm sure it's a beautiful place, but has little sun, high suicide rate, Ted Bundy, The Green River Killer, many cops are wife-beaters, many women get arrested for defending themselves against their abuser husbands. (All documented). Ugh, I don't think you could pay me to live there!
White Center is more like the slum area of Seattle. Though you sure wouldn't find me in Seattle either. Tacoma is even worse.

When Kyeimah Spann's mother called her daughter's elementary school last winter to inform them that the 6-year-old would not be back for spring classes, she explained to an office manager that the little girl had moved and was "in a better place."

In fact, police say, she was dead, and it appears that Samara Spann, 30, now charged with killing her child, made sure to contact various agencies, offering plausible explanations to officials who might have noticed the little girl's absence.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/228572_childdeath15.html

A woman who drowned her 6-year-old daughter because she believed the girl was a demon was sentenced to 23 years in prison for first-degree murder.....
Spann, 32, formerly of White Center, admitted to investigators that on Dec. 31, 2004, she grew frustrated when her daughter, Kyeimah, wouldn't go to sleep and repeatedly interrupted her phone conversation. She drew a bath and drowned the girl.
Two days later, she told investigators, she took an ax to the body, decapitating it and tossing the remains off a bridge into a body of water. The girl's remains were never found.
For six months after the death, Spann claimed she had sent the girl to live with her father. Investigators persuaded her to confess.....
======
more @ link. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273913,00.html
the killers dad has this to say .
We begged you, we fought you, we did everything we possibly could to get her away from you," he said, addressing his daughter. "You were worse than Kyeimah when you were little, but you're still here."

She's lucky to get away with 23 years, her actions are not consistent at all with the religious psychosis she claims she was victim of (believing her daughter was a demon). People seem to forget that in order to get a Yates verdict you actually have to be insane.

She's lucky to get away with 23 years, her actions are not consistent at all with the religious psychosis she claims she was victim of (believing her daughter was a demon). People seem to forget that in order to get a Yates verdict you actually have to be insane.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

not every mom who kills her kid is crazy. some are just evil. yates called the cops. she did not spend 6 months sayin she sent them to live somewhere else.

Sounds like this mother got ticked off because her daughter was interfering with her social life. I hope she has to do every day of those 23 years. She should have gotten LWOP...at least. It sounds to me like this murder was premeditated....why 23 yrs? This judge gets a D-.

Updated Charley Project link - Kyeimah A. Spann – The Charley Project

kyeimah_a._spann_2.jpg
kyeimah_a._spann_1.jpg
spann_kyeimah5.jpg
kyeimah_a._spann_3.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads