Fired live in nanny refuses to leave, threatens to sue, then disappears.

Oblio

Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/27/fired-california-nanny-wont-leave/11553965/
The couple had tried to evict Stretton, and even called police, who said they couldn't intervene because it was a civil matter. KCAL-TV reported Wednesday that Stretton was served with a three-day notice to leave or face eviction, a potentially long legal process.

The Bracamontes said Stretton had also threatened to sue for breach of contract, wrongful termination, false imprisonment and elder abuse.

"So this lady is welcome inside my house, anytime she wants," Marcella Bracamonte told KTLA-TV. "I'm now a victim in my home, and it's completely legal."

"If we're to lock her out of our house she could sue us, if we're to grab her stuff and throw it out of our house she can sue us," her husband said.

Jun. 27, 2014 10:42 PM

A fired live-in nanny who had refused to leave a Southern California home and threatened to sue has disappeared, the family said Friday.Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News that 64-year-old Diane Stretton left the home in Upland, San Bernardino County, on Thursday morning and hasn’t returned. She left behind her belongings.
“I don’t know what happened,” Bracamonte said. more at link: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...red-Calif-nanny-who-wouldn-t-leave-disappears

Jun. 27, 2014 10:42 PM

A fired live-in nanny who had refused to leave a Southern California home and threatened to sue has disappeared, the family said Friday.Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News that 64-year-old Diane Stretton left the home in Upland, San Bernardino County, on Thursday morning and hasn’t returned. She left behind her belongings.
“I don’t know what happened,” Bracamonte said. more at link: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...red-Calif-nanny-who-wouldn-t-leave-disappears

My immediate thought was 'she's probably going to turn up dead'..

My immediate thought was 'she's probably going to turn up dead'..

Ha! That was my first thought too!

I guess this litigiousness stuff doesn't show up on a background check, but wouldn't a simple google search have found it?

Sucks to be them for sure. What a nightmare!

This was my first thought. The person who allegedly squatted in someone elsee's property recently, established residence and the recorded a forged deed conveying the property to the squatter. Now the rightful owner has to go to court to get the jerk out.
"So this lady is welcome inside my house, anytime she wants," Marcella Bracamonte told KTLA-TV. "I'm now a victim in my home, and it's completely legal."

"If we're to lock her out of our house she could sue us, if we're to grab her stuff and throw it out of our house she can sue us," her husband said.

ABC News said Stretton reportedly has been involved in three dozen lawsuits and is listed by California courts as a "vexatious litigant" for abusing the legal system. A Diane Gail Stretton is named in two cases in San Diego Superior Court, one each in 2005 and 2006, but it could not be immediately determined whether they are the same person.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/27/fired-california-nanny-wont-leave/11553965/

It sounds like she may have lost her home due to legal battles.
http://www.fearnotlaw.com/articles/article307.html

Then ended up in another legal battle with a storage company.
http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/D061822.PDF

This article confirms it is her in those civil cases.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/06/26/new-details-emerge-about-background-of-the-wont-go-nanny/

Is she officially reported as missing, I wonder?

Who could possibly be "missing" her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable. Before seeing the news story (or reading anything on her), I thought she was a young 20-ish girl...and then I saw her...yikes! Maybe she presented a more positive appearance early on in the interview process, I don't know. Or maybe they thought with an older lady like this, they wouldn't have any issues that seem to plague younger babysitters (like Dad running off with them, etc.).

Well, I hate to say she made her own bed, but she did leave a trail of bad karma...

Just last week there was someone here at websleuths who created a thread about a girl visiting from russia. the Russian girl originally was expected to stay only a few days but now the websleuther thinks it's going to be 3 months. Some folks here were warning her about legal rights the russian girl can have and to beware.

I am on my phone cannot find the thread. Can anybody post the link here that is familiar with the thread i'm talking about

ETA found it! Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I just don't want a fellow wser having a squatter !
TIA
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that her own father left her out of his will. It takes a lot for the courts to admonish someone for being vexatious. I hope she didn't commit suicide.

This woman makes me uneasy. I can honestly say this is one case where I would break the civil? law if I was that couple and Stretton tried to come back in my home. I simply wouldn't let it happen.

I just hope she doesn't have the money to launch another legal case, but I'm still worried her attentions will only be directed somewhere else. I think she may need psychiatric treatment, myself.

I don't really understand the trust in Craigslist - I wouldn't hire a sitter for my dog from there. But I accept it's popular.

This is so wrong!! She is vile and someone needs to put an end to it. If the laws cannot stop her...the laws need to be changed. In the meantime, people on the outside of that home need to make her life a living hell (legally). If there is a way to prevent her from receiving services in the area...do it. If there is a way to cause her inconveniences...do it. There should be a group of lawyers working to find ways to legally take the woman apart and stop the insanity for this poor family (and other families).

This poor family. My aunt was a victim of a professional "squatter" and it ended up costing her thousands of dollars (that she didn't have) to get rid of her. Truth be told, my aunt who was the kindest and most giving person, changed after all of that, like she was left with a sort of PTSD.

People like this are truly parasites and despicable human beings.

I hope the family prevails and gets this leech out of their beautiful home. They seem like nice people, it's a shame this had to happen to them.

Btw, I think their getting the media involved was brilliant. It will stop her from being able to do this to other people now that she's only a google search away from the truth!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back