1121 users online (225 members and 896 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What do you think the verdict will be??

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not Guilty

17 9.94%
  • Guilty of murder

135 78.95%
  • Guilty of manslaughter

11 6.43%
  • undecided

8 4.68%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

POLL: What do you think the verdict will be

I thought it would be interesting to have a poll for what you think the verdict will be??

Reason

Blood in the car, plant matter from garden found in hair, fingernail scratches to face & other physical injuries to GBC. Unbelievable stories to explain injuries & unlikely scenarios regarding Allison's last dicussions & movements. His total disregard towards Allison & only caring about himself. Financial pressure, self-inflicted pressure from situation with tmch & it becoming public knowledge that he was immoral and incompetent in business. A weak man who has likely lashed out & killed Allison when he was finally forced to admit ownership for the crap situation he had put them in. Too many lies & not man enough to admit what he's done. If he was innocent, why did his transparent father' attempt to take ownership of Gerard's actions after her death? Shallow Clays. Australians dont give damn about where you come from & don't appreciate those who feel the need to 'sell themselves'. This family will learn the hard way about integrity & decency.

The total circumstances revealed to date point to the accused and the accused only. Plenty of motive and the only person likely to do harm to Allison. Suicide ruled out, accidental overdose ruled out, random stranger ruled out, kidnapping ruled out, mistress ruled out. Positive evidence for conviction - face tears, body bruises, leaf litter from family home entangled in victim's hair, accused's behaviour on 20/4/2012 in morning with 'too early' missing person report, blood in car and staging of toys in boot to give impression of static occupancy of same, familiarity with area of body disposal, close to scout camp well known to accused, use of Captiva in morning, rather than his usual Prado, obvious lie re phone charger connection at 1.48am, made bed, emails to TM relating to committment to 1/7/2012 and especially the one 'leave it to me now', 21/4/2012 doctor visits, insurance money, contact with insurance company when body was found on 30/4/2012, but contact was before body was identified. I find last one very damning, but not sure if this has come out in evidence, so jury may not be aware. Smacks of guilty knowledge to me.

The husband was the only person with a reason to kill her. He has been exposed as a weak, greedy and incompetant man, and also the only person with a reason to kill Allison.
    Fortunately (for deceased Allison) he has made a lot of mistakes so a guilty verdict looks promising.

I believe it will be a guilty verdict

Guilty of both charges with no mitigating factors and a heck of lot of aggravating factors...

(a).. Alison was murdered in her own home.. this is a huge aggravating factor..

(b).. he did it for the money.. this is the biggest agg factor of all, and will get him at least another 7 to 8 years on the base sentence.

(c). she was his wife.. . Taxpayers all around the country contribute to the cost of the Divorce court in Australia.. its a mechanism designed to end marriages ,. 50,000 Australians a year use it. Nothing special about Gerard.. he had an out, but imagined he was in special circumstances.. big agg factor.

(d) .. his children were sleeping in the same house at the same time of the murder.. add on 6 years for that.

(e). he has pleaded not guilty.. therefore he gets no discount on the base sentence for murder in QLD...

(f) .... it was a stupid murder, done by a stupid man.... he put 100's of search and rescue people's lives at risk. He stayed silent , when it is certainly possible to suggest that Alison may still have been alive, barely, while he kept silent as to her whereabouts.. which he knew. Indisputably. His silence absolutely assured her death , in dreadful circumstances. Judges quite often add a few years for utter and relentless stupidity..

(g).. all the other factors in the case ...... the face gouges, the mistimed call to the police, the horrendous debt and the intolerable pressure this had on him, despite all the rubbish that it didn't. .....right down to xyz.
    Last edited by Trooper; 06-28-2014 at 11:30 PM.

guilty of murder.

Guilty for sure. A strong case, supported by GBC deciding to testify.

Drop the emotion

You need to satisfy yourself, beyond any emotion.

Husband

This idiot is running out of excuses, pretty sure his last words on Australia Tonight are going to be "....that dingo stole my alibi"

I was a bit concerned with the evidence proffered by the prosecution, but I think Gerry will well and truly sink his own battleship.
    To the batmobile!

Apparently I've voted but I can't remember doing that, lol. Hopefully I voted guilty of murder because that's what I think.

At this stage, guilty of murder.

I feel that it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. The scratches ( and GBC's ridiculous explanation for them) and the clean, new-looking razor that supposedly did the damage are probably the most conclusive pieces of evidence for me, removing any doubt. I can't think of anything the defence could present now that would make me doubt GBC's guilt.

If there was a charge relating to disposing of a body (I think there was, but it was dropped?), then I would still have reasonable doubt and not be able to find him guilty, as I believe he could have had help from *someone*

But I don't have any doubt about the murder charge. I've considered as many different scenarios as I can think of, but nothing else seems plausible. And thinking back to another highly publicised murder trial - I felt that there was much more reasonable doubt in the Keli Lane case, but the jury returned a guilty verdict (maybe not comparable as it was a very different case, but it gives me hope that the jury will consider that the threshold has been met).

Brightbird, you can see which one you have voted for at the top of the page.
    The one that is now in italics is your vote.

89votes so far, and 10% of those are for Not Guilty - surprising to me to be honest, particularly on this forum. But it means little, there's only 12 votes we need to be concerned with.

Oh, and I think he is definitely guilty.
    That 'little bit hurt' video would be enough - and there's so much more!
    Last edited by ford71; 07-02-2014 at 01:16 AM. Reason: spelling / highlight

Thanks ford71. I did vote guilty of murder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast