1288 users online (235 members and 1053 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Such a sad ending. What a gorgeous little girl. It just goes to show you how FAST accidents can happen. That poor baby, that poor aunt, that poor, poor family.

God's comfort for them, God's peace for them.

Oh, that poor baby. And even more, her poor, frantic family. God bless them all.

My heart hurts!!!

*HOWEVER*
    Why was no one watching a 2 year old near open water?????

My Mother lives on a canal and has a pool and my 11 year old isnt allowed alone by either let alone my 2 year old!!!!

This is so tragic yet so easily prevented!!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Getting ready for bed, had Nancy Grace on, they found the body, as I see you already knew. How, how could this happen, w/the whole family right there?

Oh, I can't imagine their pain. As angry as we want to be, they must just be devastated they didn't see her and watch her enough. Oh, I go to bed with a heavy heart tonight.

My son is 12, and I feel I am too protective, you can't ever be Too protective!

This just kills me... I can not imagine the pain these parents are going through...
    People have to realize you can not turn your back on a 2 year old for one second, espeically around water.. They move to quickly.

That is so sad. It does seem like when there is a group of people, everyone else just assumes someone else is watching the baby. Poor family, I'm sure they're all sick about this. Prayers for all of them. Heaven's got a new angel.

I've been there. You just start carrying stuff out, ice chests, chairs, blankets, you call to the baby and look around and she's following you.

Then they looked around and she wasn't. That seems to be when this started. You know how toddlers that age sometimes think it's really fun to be chased? Look at her bright little face. I bet she thought she was being chased right back to the lake.

Sometimes, kids don't make it because of sheer horrible bad luck.

Godspeed, Trinity. You left too soon.

Question Something not right

I have not been able to read everything that was posted about this case so far just does NOT add up.... (Her body was found about eight feet from the dock on Lake Wylie where she was last seen the evening before, during a family barbecue.)
    Now, either that man followed them home the day before after the bbq and then came back the next day to kidnap her ? and how could he ? was she , a 2 year old ? left alone in an area where he could easily get to her ? and why would he take her back to that same lake where the family had been the day before to kill her ?
    Too many strange unknowns here, I think she drowned accidentally in the lake the day before, while the family was at a bbq, too busy having fun with the party/bbq/ friends and family, maybe even drinking , the girl got out of their site, and drowned, and they made up the next day that she was abducted , so that they would not get questioned ? or charged ? ???

My understanding is the family panicked when she went missing. An Amber Alert should not have been issued. There was not an abduction in this case but the family did not know so they pointed to a vehicle that they thought strange. Amber Alerts can not be issued just for seeing a strange vehicle. There are times when an Amber Alert should be issued and is not. I feel authorites were exercising on the side of caution. They tried to cover all bases but it may have steered initial attenion away from looking for her in the immediate area. My best guess is she fell off the dock and eight feet is not far at all from the dock to be found.

This should never of happened and children of all ages need to be supervised around the water. I know there was the family BBQ but was there drinking going on and if so these parents should be charged. They really need to be charged with child neglect and I feel sorry for them.

@BTW I thought that they called police immediately but from reading yours, did they call the following day?
    Last edited by nvfc; 06-16-2005 at 03:35 PM.

I think they called the police right away - at least that is my impression. I live in Charlotte - close enough to Lake Wylie that this is considered a local story. It broke on our news Tuesday night, which I believe it the day it happened and at that point, LE was involved.....

Quote Originally Posted by lisag
    This just kills me... I can not imagine the pain these parents are going through...
    People have to realize you can not turn your back on a 2 year old for one second, espeically around water.. They move to quickly.

My husband's baby sister drowned at about this same age 40 years ago. They were all at a beach on a lake. Lots of people around. No one saw her go in.

This mom said something like "I think she might have drowned but I would have heard her." Nope. Not when folks are talking, laughing etc. She might not even have made a splash.

Her mom also said something along the lines of "Her diaper must have weighed her down". Not necessary. Their lungs and stomach can fill up with water right away. Their heads are so heavy in proportion to their bodies. It only takes a couple of minutes.

We were always super super super careful with the girls, especially when the grandparents who lost the baby were around. Anywhere near water, even a little stream, and they had to have a life jacket on. AND they had to hold somebody's hand etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3