GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
-- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

140620201004-nr-brooke-mom-lost-kid-in-hot-car-00004516-story-body.jpg

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/?sr=google_news

Good Morning Everyone. Seems you all had a busy night, early morning.

Please read the following:

"POWER POSTING" where one responds over and over to every post with little time in between and always to drive a single point home is a violation of etiquette, as is stating unknowns as knowns, or stating them as fact. If you state a fact, you need a link. Power Posting is very disruptive on the thread and it's not allowed.

If it is determined that a member is power posting in a thread, they will be asked to leave the thread. If the member chooses not to leave the thread, TOs will be issued.

"GANGING UP ON OTHER MEMBERS" is not allowed. If you disagree with something, but your only comment is to tell another they are wrong, then don't post it. Just scroll. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you must respond, then post the link that refutes their statement and MOVE ON. Members that participate in in ganging up will be issued TOs. This is bullying guys, and it's not tolerated here.

Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.

Salem

Mom is considered a victim here unless you have a link from LE/MSM saying otherwise. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media, but casting blame or suspicion is NOT allowed.

Please post accordingly.

Salem

So far from his reddit account I have learned that he is a football fanatic, is a creationist, and is rabidly anti-choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far from his reddit account I have learned that he is a football fanatic, is a creationist, and is rabidly anti-choice.

Against abortion, but you can leave one in a car to die. :facepalm:

4 months ago he asked a meteorology question. How do you know which model is more accurate. It was winter time though.

Well I'm sorry but if a precious child I carried for 9 months, gave birth to, then loved and cherished for only 22 short months -- who then died a lonely, scared, horrific death due my husband (whether premeditated or gross negligence) I can assure you wholeheartedly that I would not be so damn quick to forgive my husband........and be so vocal with support for him, even speaking about having future children with him.....and I sure wouldn't be referring to him as the 'leader' of the home[modsnip]. . Makes me sick.

Well what you think you would do in this situation and what you actually do are two very different thinks take it from me. Something takes over. I know it did for me and I still don't know how I got through it and was lucky to find enough to find some peace and have a happy life today. Probably a mixture of going back and forth between disbelief, shock, depression and denial. I didn't bury a child though so I can't begin to think about the sorrow this women feels. I know many are shocked and upset over her statements but she is still a human being suffering the loss of her child and had to follow a coffin out of her hometown church just a few hours ago. At least for today, out of respect for little Coopetr whom ever wants justice for, can we just not bash his mother as she watches them lower his body into the ground. Its been a little over a week. She is most likely taking sedatives, especially today. She is clinging to her faith on what's got to be the hardest time in her life. Who knows if she will feel this way next week or the week after. Lets just wait and see....

His comment about field sobriety tests is very interesting, given his legal situation.

Wow. Just wow.

4 months ago he asked a meteorology question. How do you know which model is more accurate. It was winter time though.

Daycare question a year ago.

Really really boring stuff. IMO

"He worked as a police dispatcher in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, from June 10, 2006, to May 22, 2009"

http://m.live5news.com/#!/newsDetail/25880681

I can see exactly why he had someone else call 911.
He knew better and imo, he thought he would still be seen as one of them.
He didn't think they would arrest him.

Weird he got to call into the funeral. I was thinking how entitled he must feel now.

moo

His comment about field sobriety tests is very interesting, given his legal situation.

I noted that too. There's a few posts where he mentions being former LE (wasn't he a dispatcher lol?). I think this guys thinks he's smarter than the cops.

Daycare question a year ago.

Really really boring stuff. IMO

I find it interesting that he seems so against police getting involved in anything at all.

"He worked as a police dispatcher in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, from June 10, 2006, to May 22, 2009"

http://m.live5news.com/#!/newsDetail/25880681

I can see exactly why he had someone else call 911.
He knew better and imo, he thought he would still be seen as one of them.
He didn't think they would arrest him.

Weird he got to call into the funeral. I was thinking how entitled he must feel now.

moo

Yeah, like everyone was there to support him.

I noted that too. There's a few posts where he mentions being former LE (wasn't he a dispatcher lol?). I think this guys thinks he's smarter than the cops.

I must not have seen everything..
I had to sign up and never used it before... I'm gonna look again..

Yes. I just commented above that he's answered all kinds of questions about not letting police get involved in things. Seems bitter. I wonder on what kind of terms his dispatcher job ended.

We were having unusually bad snow & ice situations here for a while. Maybe into late feb can't remember. People were stuck on the side of the road for hours and hours. No food, gas... Stranded. Some kids got stuck at school and had to sleep there or on buses that didnt make it home in time. The weather reports for the main storm that screwed people wasn't overly off target but maybe that's what the question was about. A lot of people were very concerned after that. I had a friend who had her newborn in the car and ran out of water to mix the baby formula. Luckily someone else stranded had a bottle to give. I was pregnant at the time and now have a little emergency pack of essentials in my car.

And...
The mother said the toddler had spent the last two nights of his life snuggled in bed with the couple, and she missed him “with all of my heart.” :(

Bringing this over from the previous thread because it closed before I was able to post.

Although the State doesn't have to provide a motive, my need to understand 'why' compels me to try to come up with a plausible motive, especially in cases of filicide (which I believe is the case here - I don't believe it was an accident, as RH claims).

I wonder if RH was jealous of the attention & affection LH gave to little Cooper - attention & affection that RH had previously been the sole recipient of. As others have mentioned in these threads, a first child dramatically changes the household environment and can challenge the marital relationship.

Someone else pondered in the previous thread if perhaps LH wanted children more than RH. Who knows? I think it's a valid question.

Speculation: If RH felt pushed to the side after Cooper's birth, if RH was jealous of the attention & affection LH gave to the baby, if RH felt pressured to earn more money so the couple could buy a home (it was reported in another thread that he was expecting a promotion & raise and there were plans to buy a home), and if RH premeditated killing his baby (based on the information released thus far, I think premeditation is possible), perhaps he believed that with Cooper out of the way, he would regain LH's exclusive attention & affection and he would relieve himself of the burden of earning more money & escape the impending responsibility of a mortgage.

I know that's a lot of 'ifs', but it's a plausible scenario to my curious mind regarding a possible motive, because at this point I don't believe that RH forgot to drop Cooper off at daycare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni