Mystery: Man rode on back of car on North Carolina interstate

I have to wonder if he looked like this:

vin-diesel-on-the-pressure-to-top-fast-five-134717-a-1368545297-470-75.jpg

Man, I could stare at that all day long.

just sayin

Witnesses said he was hanging on to the trunk going down the interstate. He had a sharp object in his hand which he used to break the back windshield and climb inside. Prayers for the mother and her baby inside. This man is truly not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Witnesses said he was hanging on to the trunk going down the interstate. He had a sharp object in his hand which he used to break the back windshield and climb inside. Prayers for the mother and her baby inside. This man is truly not right.

Oh crap, I didn't see the part about the baby on board.. wtf! Yes, truly scary!

I have to wonder if he looked like this:

vin-diesel-on-the-pressure-to-top-fast-five-134717-a-1368545297-470-75.jpg

Man, I could stare at that all day long.

just sayin

I'm thinking if someone can do THAT from the outside of a vehicle while travelling along the highway, they probably look NOTHING like muscleman Diesel -- probably more like crazed PCP/bath salts type of guy, is what I'm thinking.

:moo:

Tbh, I only skimmed the hl and half expected it to turn out to be a stunt of some kind or another.

Because what the hell. These things don't generally happen in real life! Crazy *advertiser censored*.

Anyone have any follow up on this? It's impossible for me to believe he did not assault the driver after breaking into the car.

That is insane! You'd think with this video, they could be tracked down. They should be able to figure out the model of the car, maybe even enhance the plate... I can only imagine what horrible event happened afterwards. :-S

Anyone have any follow up on this? It's impossible for me to believe he did not assault the driver after breaking into the car.

Local news just posted that they are still looking for the car and the man. No leads apparently. I'm not sure why they can't zoom up the video and get a license plate number??

The original article is getting reposted a lot, but I noticed this snippet I apparently missed the first time:

If charges will be made, the authorities said that it will be the woman driver that will be responsible for the incident.

Again I say: W.T.F.

This is so bizarre. There were so many cars on that road. SOMEONE got a license plate #.

My only other theory is that the whole thing was a stunt for web publicity. It would explain:

1) Why the video mysteriously cuts off before the alleged breaking of the rear window. (Implies that the people shooting the video were involved.)

2) Why LE says the woman driver would be charged.

http://m.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/police-identify-man-seen-back-sedan-i-77/ngWsZ/

Police said the woman was driving on I-77 with two children inside. Officers said the woman is in a relationship with the man who rode on the back of the car and she doesn't want to press any charges against him.

Police said no one was hurt. Officers said the incident started as a domestic dispute when the woman's boyfriend, "assaulted her by grabbing her arm and pulling her onto the ground" during an argument, according to a CMPD report.

It happened near a shopping center on South Boulevard and Woodlawn.

A witness, who did not want to talk on camera, said she was there Saturday and saw the woman abandon her car in the intersection, then run to the Payless Shoe Store, begging for help.The witness said she saw the man later walk away and the woman drove off.

Twenty minutes later, the woman's white Alero was going up to 55 mph on I-77 northbound near exit 7. 911 dispatchers could not believe what drivers were seeing.

"He's riding on the car?" a dispatcher asked. "He's on the back of the trunk, hanging on," the caller replied.

Witnesses reported seeing the man break in the back windshield of the car and climb inside.

Police say the car got off near Clanton Road and the woman and the two children walked to a nearby gas station while the man drove away.

Also explains how people got the tag number but it didn't match with the car.

I would think that is not her decision to make. The children- as well as other drivers- were endangered by this creep's actions. Next time we hear about her, she will have been murdered. IMO

I would think that is not her decision to make. The children- as well as other drivers- were endangered by this creep's actions. Next time we hear about her, she will have been murdered. IMO

This makes me so sad. I really hope not, but fear this will be the outcome. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back