Pete Doherty, Johnny Headlock and the strange death of Mark Blanco

zwiebel

Reaction score
New digital technolgy may help unravel the mysterious death of actor Mark Blanco, killed after plunging from a stairwell at a London, UK party attended by rock star Pete Doherty in 2006. Doherty is relaunching his band, the Libertines, in London next week and is a former boyfriend of model Kate Moss.

It's just been revealed in The Guardian that Johnny Headlock, Doherty's former bodyguard, appeared in court earlier this year on an unrelated stalking charge (although the woman he's accused of stalking was also at the party). A restraining order was issued, but after reading psychiatrist reports a judge decided he would not stand trial. He seems to have been behaving 'oddly' in court.

The mother of Mark Blanco, Sheila Blanco, attended the court hearing and Johnny Headlock approached her very closely and repeated 'I did not kill your son'. However....

'Roundhill (the owner of the apartment where the party took place) admits to forcing Blanco out of the flat and punching him in the face three times – he returned to the building shortly afterwards, though people in the flat say they were unaware he was back. But Roundhill, Headlock and Doherty all deny knowing how Blanco came to lie dying on the pavement after going over the stairwell balcony.'

'Headlock had walked into Bethnal Green police station and confessed to killing Blanco – a confession he had also made to others and which he subsequently retracted, saying he was under stress.'

The investigation went badly wrong and has now dragged on for years, but Sheila Blanco hasn't given up on finding out exactly what happened to her son Mark that night. She has been helped on her quest by a recent coroner's finding that Mark's death was not suicide, and experts in new digital technology - including one who lectures to the FBI - who say advanced technology on the cctv footage of Mark's death fall shows another person present on the balcony with him.

'Within six months of Blanco's death, Doherty returned to the Whitechapel flat to make a video promoting his song, The Lost Art of Murder. '

The story is long and complex, but it's worth reading. I hope one day Mrs Blanco will get some resolution. I can't help feeling she has suffered great injustice. Certainly a lot of heartbreak - Mark is the second of her sons who have died.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/29/pete-doherty-mark-blanco-mothers-fight-for-the-truth

Reconstruction and some cctv footage here. http://youtu.be/eINTs4VQBPE

Actual cctv of Mark falling and Pete Doherty and others running from the scene. I'm not giving a 'graphic' warning as it is very far away and poor quality.
http://youtu.be/QJ7wMq7XpWU

I don't know why this hasn't been looked into in more depth. I knew Johnny Headlock back in the day and he was a terrifying, unstable person who enjoyed frightening people and stirring up situations. Mark Blanco looks to be unconscious when he is thrown off the balcony as he falls into a heap, he doesn't try to protect himself. Why is this not being investigated properly and those involved protected?

Documentary on channel 4 right now started at 10pm
New: Pete Doherty, Who Killed My Son?

In 2006, Mark Blanco died in suspicious circumstances at a party with rock star Pete Doherty. This compelling film tells the story of a mother’s relentless pursuit of justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back