637 users online (77 members and 560 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NJ - Marcin Gadkowski, 36, Old Bridge, 22 June 2014

Marcin Gadkowski

36 yro Father and Husband Disappears from Bus to Train Station in New Jersey

PRLog (Press Release) - Jun. 29, 2014 - NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. --
    The family and friends of Marcin Gadkowski, 36, is desperately searching for the loving husband and father. They are working with Philadelphia police officials along with LostNMissing Inc., a nonprofit that helps families of missing. On Sunday, June 22, Gadkowski boarded a bus from Old Bridge, NJ to a New Brunswick train station. At that point he was to take a train to Trenton, NJ which then would bring him to Philadelphia PA for his job in construction. His last phone contact was with his sister in which he told her that he was on the bus to New Brunswick. It is not known if he exited the bus in New Brunswick, nor if he boarded the train to Trenton, NJ. It is out of his character to go missing of his own choice and his family is fearful something may have happened to him. His cell phone is no longer charged and goes to voicemail.
    http://www.prlog.org/12342662-36-yro...ew-jersey.html

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Marcin Garkowski Missing Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/missingmarcingadkowski?fref=ts

I used to take the train between Newark and Philly all the time. The transfer in Trenton can be super sketchy depending on what time of day you're trying to do it - it always made me nervous after dark.

How did he find out about this construction job in Philadelphia?
    always remembering

Jacob Wetterling, missing from St. Joseph, Minnesota since October 22, 1989

Jeanna North, missing from West Fargo, North Dakota since June 28, 1993

Alerts & Advisories for this trip

North Jersey Coast Line: New, Express, One-Seat Summer Shore Weekend Rail Service through September 1, 2014
    Amtrak High-Speed Rail Improvement Project: Track Outages and Service Delays along Northeast Corridor between Trenton and New Brunswick Stations - Through November 2017 http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servl...Action=TrainTo

BBM

Where did MG board Bus#818 from Old Bridge to New Brunswick and at what time? Who drove him to the Bus Stop? What time was the train he was expecting to take from New Brunswick to Trenton?

Could he have missed his expected train in New Brunswick? As you can see from the above, there are improvement disruptions currently on this line. Could he have made alternate travel arrangements at the last minute, like paying to share a car ride with someone else or others from New Brunswick to Philadelphia?

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

Me Too!

Quote Originally Posted by helpful View Post
    I used to take the train between Newark and Philly all the time. The transfer in Trenton can be super sketchy depending on what time of day you're trying to do it - it always made me nervous after dark.

How did he find out about this construction job in Philadelphia?
    And I only did it on Saturday afternoons in the Daylight!

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

Does Marcin have a car? I ask because most residents of the area simply take the bus to NYC not to get around locally. Was this his normal routine?

While New Brunswick has it's crime & dangerous areas, the New Brunswick train station is located in an extremely populated, relatively safe area surrounded by stores, restaurants, condos, Rutger's buildings/dorms & Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center. IMO, the chances of something happening to Marcin there are slim to none. I have been to that area countless times on Saturday & Sunday evening & always felt safe in that general vicinity. Coming from me, that means a lot.

I don't know what the Trenton train station is like, but Trenton services Amtrak, so in reality, he could be anywhere.

I would be searching Philly, if he was indeed headed there. IMO, I don't see something bad happening during his commute.
    Last edited by nycgrl; 06-30-2014 at 01:54 AM. Reason: I can't type properly

I hope LE is looking at CCTV footage from all the train stations - New Brunswick, Trenton, Philadelphia - to see if he ever made it there.

Does he stay with his sister? It says he is a husband and father, why would he call his sis to tell her he's on the bus? Why not his wife?

Could he have changed his plans and gone somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by nycgrl View Post
    Does Marcin have a car? I ask because most residents of the area simply take the bus to NYC not to get around locally. Was this his normal routine?

While New Brunswick has it's crime & dangerous areas, the New Brunswick train station is located in an extremely populated, relatively safe area surrounded by stores, restaurants, condos, Rutger's buildings/dorms & Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center. IMO, the chances of something happening to Marcin there are slim to none. I have been to that area countless times on Saturday & Sunday evening & always felt safe in that general vicinity. Coming from me, that means a lot.

I don't know what the Trenton train station is like, but Trenton services Amtrak, so in reality, he could be anywhere.

I would be searching Philly, if he was indeed headed there. IMO, I don't see something bad happening during his commute.
    I totally agree with your statements about New Brunswick. Trenton is a whole different kettle of fish. Suppose MG made his train at New Brunswick but missed his connection at Trenton because of track slowdowns/delays; or he cut the time too close, or the bus was late, and he missed his intended train at New Brunswick. He as you said, could be anywhere between New Brunswick and Philadelphia. Now this could get dicey: PA says to NJ "Hey this is YOUR investigation!", and NJ says back "No PA, this is YOUR investigation!" Both states are broke. We need to put the pressure on NOW to get BOTH states looking for him.

I think putting up MG's Missing Posters on Bus#818 and also on the Northeast AMTRAK/NJ Transit Corridor Trains would be a good idea.

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

Such a strange case with a big hole in the middle of it...

NJ Transit site has a trip planner. You can plug in from where to where and how; such as bus, train etc. You can’t put in dates that have past though so you need to go forward to the same day of the week that would come up next. Example -- He was travelling on June 22, a Sunday so you would need to use the next Sunday’s date available, according to when you a looking, which today would be July 6, to see connection times. The question being is the routes and connection times the same?
    Looking at the schedule, using the next available Sunday date of July 6th, there are several questions that come up. There are two locations in Old Bridge that he could have departed from; the Park & Ride at 1:23pm and Fairway Lane at 3:53pm using the #818 bus. Both of these would mean he had to get off the bus at George St and Albany St and walk a short distance (.15 miles) on George St, turn left onto Summerset Street to get to the New Brunswick Station. Without knowing what time he left you cannot figure out what he could have done next. There is also then the possibility of waiting time between connections, which all could play into what happen to him, who could have seen him etc.
    Also, did he pre-purchase any tickets for the trip? It says he was going to take the train from New Brunswick to Trenton, but there is also bus service as well. Also to board certain buses or trains you need to have exact change or a ticket, no change is given back. Could he have actually taken the bus to Trenton? Could he have gotten on the wrong bus? Was this trip something he has done before? Has it been confirmed that he did board the bus, and the correct one in Old Bridge to go to New Brunswick, other than the reported phone call to his sister. Have bus and train cameras been checked?

Searching in Philly is ok, but NJ needs to be looked at to see if he even made it to Philly first.
    The following post is strictly just my opinion based on my interpretation of what has been written in Main Street Media, Private Newspapers and other posts to this site. Unless I have provided a link ---- any information should not be considered to be anything more than that.
    ---------------------------------------
    Iím still here because the shadow in my mind gave me a place to hide until it was safe to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgrl View Post

Trenton is a dangerous city, and the Trenton train station is not located in a good neighborhood (there aren't many to begin with...). With that said, the station itself is safe, as long as he didn't go out into the neighborhood for anything.

Just saw a FB post that the sister announced he has been located. Unfortunately, deceased.

Will look for update.

https://www.facebook.com/missingmarc...303550?fref=nf
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

Quote Originally Posted by Momoffourboys View Post
    Just saw a FB post that the sister announced he has been located. Unfortunately, deceased.

Will look for update.

https://www.facebook.com/missingmarc...303550?fref=nf
    Oh, that's awful. So sorry to hear this news.
    For those who look sunwards, the shadows fall behind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast