1203 users online (209 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

Robert Downey Jr son Indio arrested; cocaine possession

Downey Jr. sent a statement to ABC News, saying, "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”

Link to ABC

Hopefully having a father who struggled himself will help Indio.
    HOPING I CAN HELP
    but, what if .... ?

Monkey see monkey do.

Cocaine is God's way of telling you you have too much money.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

Quote Originally Posted by hopingicanhelp View Post
    Downey Jr. sent a statement to ABC News, saying, "Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”

Link to ABC

Hopefully having a father who struggled himself will help Indio.

Indeed, addiction is:

a) a disease
    b) genetics do have effect (NOT a for sure you will get it if your parents have it, but certainly more predisposition just like diabetes, cancer, etc)

Hopefully Indio will hit hiw bottom, like his father did, and become a sober member of civil society.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

This is so darn sad .. at least his father has been through it himself and can be a guide .. glad he was caught, it will help him long term. I'm no angel myself, but a disposition towards addiction can be a terrible thing.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    Monkey see monkey do.

Worth repeating. Thanks Sapphire Steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oH MAN! Certain addictions are genetic, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    Indeed, addiction is:

a) a disease

b) genetics do have effect (NOT a for sure you will get it if your parents have it, but certainly more predisposition just like diabetes, cancer, etc)

Hopefully Indio will hit hiw bottom, like his father did, and become a sober member of civil society.

With my family history and the life I have led, along with some of my closest family, I absolutely people are dispositioned to addiction. Someday the world will get that. I like to believe we are getting there.

I know this is a volatile subject. But I believe the above with all my being. Hope no one has to experience the loss of a very loved one from alcohol or drugs.

Thanks. O4J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    Indeed, addiction is:

a) a disease

I completely agree EXCEPT I hope that Indio can clean up WITHOUT having to experience rock bottom... I'm really hoping he's not too far "in" yet... fingers crossed
    HOPING I CAN HELP
    but, what if .... ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopingicanhelp View Post
    I completely agree EXCEPT I hope that Indio can clean up WITHOUT having to experience rock bottom... I'm really hoping he's not too far "in" yet... fingers crossed

As a recovering alcoholic I can tell you no one, no one ever recovers without hitting rock bottom, whatever rock bottom means for each of us. For some it's pretty tame,for others it is intense and dangerous. And if Indio is anything like dad, he has a ways to go in his own journey through addiction and -hopefully- recovery. Prayers.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    Monkey see monkey do.

~bbm

So funny and soooooo true. omg lol

Sad. It's not even a monkey see, monkey do type thing - apparently Robert Downey Sr. also struggled with addiction. That's a tough family legacy. Here's hoping he's able to get sober and stick with it, without having to struggle as much as his father did.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Indio is such a pretty name...a really handsome young man as well. I wish him all the best. A tough one though...