964 users online (157 members and 807 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Rebekah 'Becky' Bletsch, 36, Muskegon County, 29 June 2014

A disturbing news story of a local woman who was found by a nurse dying on the side of the road. Police originally thought she had been hit by a car or thrown out of a car, but now have said bullet casings were found and she died by a gunshot wound. The article states her husband has a strong alibi.

http://woodtv.com/2014/06/29/fatal-h...skegon-county/

Also this is not far from where Jessica Heeringa was last seen at the gas station.

Her slaying, apparently while she was walking or jogging, remained a complete mystery Monday morning.

Investigators are looking at several theories, including the possibility it was a "random crime of opportunity," Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler said at a news conference Monday, June 30.

The victim's husband and 11-year-old daughter were out of town at the time Bletsch was killed, Roesler said. He said the husband is not a suspect.

She had valuables on her person when found, making it unlikely robbery was the motive, the sheriff said.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i..._investig.html

It is still looking like a random act of killing. It makes me wonder how it can ever be solved.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Disgusting. Just another thrill killing pulled off by some useless ****s. This will turn out to be either a gang initiation or a dare. This is almost identical to what happened to the bicyclist from Australia not long ago.

Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

On JVM now.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette78 View Post
    It is still looking like a random act of killing. It makes me wonder how it can ever be solved.
    Welcome to Websleuths, Bonnette!

That poor woman...

I bet it's a serial killer.
    Unless I post a link to a fact, everything I post is my opinion only. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette78 View Post

Hopefully some evidence will still turn up, even if it is a random killing. How awful for her and her family. I hope justice is served.

!WARNING!
    This poster specializes in broad assumptions!

Sometimes it will surprise you when it all shakes out and the truth is known.
    Very early to draw conclusions !!!

This is in my county, where we have lost several people to gunshots in just this past week! I don't know w.t.h.
    is going on. They all seem to be unrelated.

bizarre

I know they say the husband is not a suspect but it's awfully convenient that he was out of town with his daughter

where were they I wonder? and how long ago was the excursion planned? and did Becky regularly walk/run along this same route at this same time? if so, who knew this? who did she last text/talk to? are there any neighbours who might have surveillance video? is there any chance she was having an affair? or he was?? hate to think of that but we all know anything's possible

I don't get the random/spree/serial/thrill feeling from this at all - I think it was well-planned and I think the motive will be personal

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    bizarre

I know they say the husband is not a suspect but it's awfully convenient that he was out of town with his daughter

where were they I wonder? and how long ago was the excursion planned? and did Becky regularly walk/run along this same route at this same time? if so, who knew this? who did she last text/talk to? are there any neighbours who might have surveillance video? is there any chance she was having an affair? or he was?? hate to think of that but we all know anything's possible

I don't get the random/spree/serial/thrill feeling from this at all - I think it was well-planned and I think the motive will be personal
    Becky's sister said the husband and daughter went to a vacation cabin to mow the yard and get things ready for the 4th of July holiday. Yes, it was said this was her usual route but often did it with her daughter. Becky's sister said she had no enemies, no marriage problems, etc. While we like to think the best, I don't think anyone else knows what is really going on in someone else's life. Everyone has a secret or two or three. On JVM I believe there was some discussion about texts but I have forgotten now what was said. Wish I would have recorded it.

One talking head said she thought it was a hit and this wasn't the killer's first.

I guess it was 3 murders, four shootings, in Muskegon this week. Two of the shootings, gang related. A fairly new summer activity around here unfortunately. A third, shot chasing after someone who stole his brother's car. And Becky.

http://fox17online.com/2014/07/01/th...#axzz36GSZzOIP

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    I guess it was 3 murders, four shootings, in Muskegon this week. Two of the shootings, gang related. A fairly new summer activity around here unfortunately. A third, shot chasing after someone who stole his brother's car. And Becky.

http://fox17online.com/2014/07/01/th...#axzz36GSZzOIP
    Very disturbing. I read a comment that gangs have been getting very bad in the Muskegon area. Could it have been an initiation murder? Sickening either way.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast