1092 users online (233 members and 859 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1319
  1. #1
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,562

    GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

    Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

    (CNN)
    -- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

    Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

    "Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

    "I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.





    More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/tod...sr=google_news
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 06-30-2014 at 05:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Good Morning Everyone. Seems you all had a busy night, early morning.

    Please read the following:

    "POWER POSTING" where one responds over and over to every post with little time in between and always to drive a single point home is a violation of etiquette, as is stating unknowns as knowns, or stating them as fact. If you state a fact, you need a link. Power Posting is very disruptive on the thread and it's not allowed.

    If it is determined that a member is power posting in a thread, they will be asked to leave the thread. If the member chooses not to leave the thread, TOs will be issued.

    "GANGING UP ON OTHER MEMBERS" is not allowed. If you disagree with something, but your only comment is to tell another they are wrong, then don't post it. Just scroll. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you must respond, then post the link that refutes their statement and MOVE ON. Members that participate in ganging up will be issued TOs. This is bullying guys, and it's not tolerated here.

    Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.

    Salem

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Mom is considered a victim here unless you have a link from LE/MSM saying otherwise. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants.

    Please post accordingly.

    Salem

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157

    GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

    continue here:

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lost in the desert
    Posts
    2,563
    Marking my spot.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DofC
    Posts
    22,012
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Popsicle, can you find a single case of a parent who killed themselves after the accidental death of their child, that they inadvertently caused?

    There are too many cases to mention of people who kill themselves after/during purposely killing their children.

    I'm talking about accidents here. I do agree, if he had killed his child on purpose, a suicide watch would be in order, and we wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself.

    His behavior is typical of an accidental death. No reporters, no suicide.
    In the Washington Post article that is referenced in these threads.... there is a man that wrestled the responding officer trying to get his gun because he wanted to kill himself. (he was never charged btw) There is another father that was suicidal. (he was charged iirc)

    Research if you want any others but I find it too close emotionally to deal with reading anymore.

    Also, the question was what would you feel.
    __________
    “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” - Maya Angelou

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,281
    FROM THE PREVIOUS THREADOriginally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    IMO a pizza shop because he didn't want professional medical personnel around or as few as possible. Running into a medical facility stating your child that expired hours ago was making noises would never fly.
    Someone yesterday posted links and addresses to several medical facilities in that location. I agree J chose that pizza shop parking lot for a reason.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,777
    You know, I was just thinking… In this day and age when everybody takes cell phone video of any remotely newsworthy incident, I'm surprised we haven't heard that somebody took cell phone video of this guys reaction upon pulling over.

    Not that I agree with that per se, I mean I think it's kind of a macabre idea, but maybe we will hear that somebody did take cell phone video. I doubt it, because I think we would've heard of it by now but that sure might answer some questions if someone did.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    FROM THE PREVIOUS THREADOriginally Posted by gngr~snap View Post


    Someone yesterday posted links and addresses to several medical facilities in that location. I agree J chose that pizza shop parking lot for a reason.
    If you suddenly have a jarring memory that you left your child in the carseat all day, would you yank your car off the road and cross two lanes of traffic to get to a parking lot to leap out and check, or would you scan local businesses to see if you might be able to find a medical facility, before you had a chance to even LOOK at your child back there?

    That would look guilty to me. Really?? You suddenly recalled your child was back there and had been in his seat all day, and instead of slamming the car to a stop and looking at the first opportunity, you drive around a bit looking for a medical facility? Sorry, that smacks of guilt.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejlena View Post
    You know, I was just thinking… In this day and age when everybody takes cell phone video of any remotely newsworthy incident, I'm surprised we haven't heard that somebody took cell phone video of this guys reaction upon pulling over.

    Not that I agree with that per se, I mean I think it's kind of a macabre idea, but maybe we will hear that somebody did take cell phone video. I doubt it, because I think we would've heard of it by now but that sure might answer some questions if someone did.
    I think it was the age of the bystanders. From what I remember, none of them were in their teens or early 20's. I don't think older people whip out their phones and videotape tragedies the way younger people do.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    If you suddenly have a jarring memory that you left your child in the carseat all day, would you yank your car off the road and cross two lanes of traffic to get to a parking lot to leap out and check, or would you scan local businesses to see if you might be able to find a medical facility, before you had a chance to even LOOK at your child back there?

    That would look guilty to me. Really?? You suddenly recalled your child was back there and had been in his seat all day, and instead of slamming the car to a stop and looking at the first opportunity, you drive around a bit looking for a medical facility? Sorry, that smacks of guilt.

    The first thing I would have noticed is the smell. Which would have definitely "jarred my memory".

    Then I would have called 911 from the work parking lot.
    "All views are entitled to be aired, except Fake News and Conspiracy theories, those just suck and are not based in reality, It is through vigorous and constructive debate that together we will chart the path ahead." --Spice

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    life elevated
    Posts
    1,343
    I've been searching for the picture that was posted which showed one could see the daycare location from the home depot parking lot. Anyone remember where it was?

    ciao

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    The first thing I would have noticed is the smell. Which would have definitely "jarred my memory".

    Then I would have called 911 from the work parking lot.
    I don't think an odor would have jarred my memory. I don't think I would go from GOOD GOD it smells in here, to therefore my child must be dead.

    I might think a cat had crawled up in there, a diaper was left, something.

    It seems in retrospect that an odor is obviously the deceased child, but that's because we know how this ends.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I don't think an odor would have jarred my memory. I don't think I would go from GOOD GOD it smells in here, to therefore my child must be dead.

    I might think a cat had crawled up in there, a diaper was left, something.

    It seems in retrospect that an odor is obviously the deceased child, but that's because we know how this ends.
    Wouldn't you search the car for the source of the odor?
    Justice for Caylee

    "We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1254
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
  2. Replies: 1270
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 01:42 AM
  3. Replies: 1658
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 12:59 PM
  4. Replies: 1204
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 08:06 PM
  5. Replies: 977
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 05:17 PM

Tags for this Thread