GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
-- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

140620201004-nr-brooke-mom-lost-kid-in-hot-car-00004516-story-body.jpg

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/?sr=google_news

Good Morning Everyone. Seems you all had a busy night, early morning.

Please read the following:

"POWER POSTING" where one responds over and over to every post with little time in between and always to drive a single point home is a violation of etiquette, as is stating unknowns as knowns, or stating them as fact. If you state a fact, you need a link. Power Posting is very disruptive on the thread and it's not allowed.

If it is determined that a member is power posting in a thread, they will be asked to leave the thread. If the member chooses not to leave the thread, TOs will be issued.

"GANGING UP ON OTHER MEMBERS" is not allowed. If you disagree with something, but your only comment is to tell another they are wrong, then don't post it. Just scroll. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you must respond, then post the link that refutes their statement and MOVE ON. Members that participate in ganging up will be issued TOs. This is bullying guys, and it's not tolerated here.

Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.

Salem

Mom is considered a victim here unless you have a link from LE/MSM saying otherwise. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants.

Please post accordingly.

Salem

Popsicle, can you find a single case of a parent who killed themselves after the accidental death of their child, that they inadvertently caused?

There are too many cases to mention of people who kill themselves after/during purposely killing their children.

I'm talking about accidents here. I do agree, if he had killed his child on purpose, a suicide watch would be in order, and we wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself.

His behavior is typical of an accidental death. No reporters, no suicide.
In the Washington Post article that is referenced in these threads.... there is a man that wrestled the responding officer trying to get his gun because he wanted to kill himself. (he was never charged btw) There is another father that was suicidal. (he was charged iirc)

Research if you want any others but I find it too close emotionally to deal with reading anymore.

Also, the question was what would you feel.

FROM THE PREVIOUS THREADOriginally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
IMO a pizza shop because he didn't want professional medical personnel around or as few as possible. Running into a medical facility stating your child that expired hours ago was making noises would never fly.

Someone yesterday posted links and addresses to several medical facilities in that location. I agree J chose that pizza shop parking lot for a reason.

You know, I was just thinking… In this day and age when everybody takes cell phone video of any remotely newsworthy incident, I'm surprised we haven't heard that somebody took cell phone video of this guys reaction upon pulling over.

Not that I agree with that per se, I mean I think it's kind of a macabre idea, but maybe we will hear that somebody did take cell phone video. I doubt it, because I think we would've heard of it by now but that sure might answer some questions if someone did.

FROM THE PREVIOUS THREADOriginally Posted by gngr~snap View Post

Someone yesterday posted links and addresses to several medical facilities in that location. I agree J chose that pizza shop parking lot for a reason.

If you suddenly have a jarring memory that you left your child in the carseat all day, would you yank your car off the road and cross two lanes of traffic to get to a parking lot to leap out and check, or would you scan local businesses to see if you might be able to find a medical facility, before you had a chance to even LOOK at your child back there?

That would look guilty to me. Really?? You suddenly recalled your child was back there and had been in his seat all day, and instead of slamming the car to a stop and looking at the first opportunity, you drive around a bit looking for a medical facility? Sorry, that smacks of guilt.

You know, I was just thinking… In this day and age when everybody takes cell phone video of any remotely newsworthy incident, I'm surprised we haven't heard that somebody took cell phone video of this guys reaction upon pulling over.

Not that I agree with that per se, I mean I think it's kind of a macabre idea, but maybe we will hear that somebody did take cell phone video. I doubt it, because I think we would've heard of it by now but that sure might answer some questions if someone did.

I think it was the age of the bystanders. From what I remember, none of them were in their teens or early 20's. I don't think older people whip out their phones and videotape tragedies the way younger people do.

If you suddenly have a jarring memory that you left your child in the carseat all day, would you yank your car off the road and cross two lanes of traffic to get to a parking lot to leap out and check, or would you scan local businesses to see if you might be able to find a medical facility, before you had a chance to even LOOK at your child back there?

That would look guilty to me. Really?? You suddenly recalled your child was back there and had been in his seat all day, and instead of slamming the car to a stop and looking at the first opportunity, you drive around a bit looking for a medical facility? Sorry, that smacks of guilt.

The first thing I would have noticed is the smell. Which would have definitely "jarred my memory".

Then I would have called 911 from the work parking lot.

I've been searching for the picture that was posted which showed one could see the daycare location from the home depot parking lot. Anyone remember where it was?

ciao

The first thing I would have noticed is the smell. Which would have definitely "jarred my memory".

Then I would have called 911 from the work parking lot.

I don't think an odor would have jarred my memory. I don't think I would go from GOOD GOD it smells in here, to therefore my child must be dead.

I might think a cat had crawled up in there, a diaper was left, something.

It seems in retrospect that an odor is obviously the deceased child, but that's because we know how this ends.

I don't think an odor would have jarred my memory. I don't think I would go from GOOD GOD it smells in here, to therefore my child must be dead.

I might think a cat had crawled up in there, a diaper was left, something.

It seems in retrospect that an odor is obviously the deceased child, but that's because we know how this ends.

Wouldn't you search the car for the source of the odor?

I would like to know what caused him to look in the back of the car before he turned into the strip mall.

Did he not look back to back out of his parking space at work?

So if he had gone to a medical facility, then you would believe he was guilty? I posted this morning that based on my reading here, hot car homicides are the perfect crime. It is the one form of infanticide that conveys instant empathy toward the perpetrator. The "victim" becomes...not the child who died a heinous death...but the forgetful parent.

Here we have a parent who forgot his son FIVE minutes after he strapped him in. A parent who researched how long it takes to die in a hot car, took no precautions, not even FREE ones, and yet...perfect crime. All he had to say...is "oops, I forgot."

There's no gun that was purchased, no poison to detect, no bruises needed for this horrific death...and yet, unlike most other child deaths, there is a rush...to not judge....but embrace the one who CAUSED the death. Explain away everything to HIS benefit. If this man gets off, it will be a miracle if this doesn't cause a rash of copycats.

How do you ever PROVE intent...if research of HOW long to die...and a five minute Forget doesn't do it?.

Excellent point tangelo. If he'd left a disabled adult in the car without means of escape there'd be no uproar about charges being filed.

^From the last thread, it was the last post, by CCmakes3.

I just wanted to comment on this, because about 2 years ago, during the county fair here (big time, around these parts!), there was a couple who was *initally* charged (I'll see if I can find out what the outcome was), because they left an elderly woman in a hot car, while they ambled through the festivities -- she couldn't walk. Ugh...I couldn't find it...I guess the papers around here don't hold onto stories for too long.

At any rate, there was quite an uproar over it.

As plans go, this one here isn't a very good one. Especially since he's being accused of planning it down to the most incredibly minute detail.

If he had a plan, I doubt it was this one. Like others I believe he may have been hoping to discover Cooper earlier in the day with others around in the lot. It is just too hard to understand why he went to the car at lunch, or ignored the smell.

I'm not a child killer so I'd do NOTHING like THE ACCUSED.

SURELY J knew where those med offices/hospitals were if he drove the
same route day after day. Thing is he didn't JUST DISCOVER baby Cooper was in the car.

LE said it was something more than that..not a dad forgetting...that's why the accused is sitting in jail without bond.

cbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member