1032 users online (216 members and 816 guests)  

Websleuths News

Horrifying Traffic Accident on the NYS Thruway. :Warning: Disturbing:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...rash/11802905/

New York State Police have confirmed that two people are dead after a serious crash on the New York State Thruway.

According to Sgt. Steven F. Casabella, an eastbound passenger vehicle apparently crossed into westbound lanes striking a semi-tractor trailer and other vehicles. The tractor-trailer became fully engulfed in flames upon impact....

Here's a photo of the trailer. I'm assuming they removed what's left of the tractor already. It must have been a horrifying death for the tractor driver.

I wonder how fast the car that crossed lanes was going? Also, how big was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...rash/11802905/

New York State Police have confirmed that two people are dead after a serious crash on the New York State Thruway.

According to Sgt. Steven F. Casabella, an eastbound passenger vehicle apparently crossed into westbound lanes striking a semi-tractor trailer and other vehicles. The tractor-trailer became fully engulfed in flames upon impact....

Here's a photo of the trailer. I'm assuming they removed what's left of the tractor already. It must have been a horrifying death for the tractor driver.

I wonder how fast the car that crossed lanes was going? Also, how big was it?
    I think that is what is left of the cab. Photos on twitter show it on fire jmo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think that is what is left of the cab. Photos on twitter show it on fire jmo

That thought crossed my mind, but if it is it disintegrated.

there's more photos at the link in the first post

article says 5 vehicles were involved in the crash & you can see some of them in the photos )-;

Yeah, it seems that is what's left of the cab, in another picture you can see 2 seat frames. So sad.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...imer/11908575/

...Moments after the crash, a second westbound tractor-trailer hauling produce struck a guide rail that had been damaged in the first crash. The railing punctured the rig's fuel tank, causing it to become fully engulfed in flames, Jones said. The driver, a 49-year-old man from Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, jumped out of the rig. He was not injured....