The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing person, Brookfield

April 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Missing-person-Baden-Clay-241x300.jpg

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

Body found as search for missing woman Allison Baden-Clay enters 11th day

April 30, 2012 8:06PM

Police strongly suspect the body found this morning is missing Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Confirmed: Body found in creek identified as Allison Baden-Clay

May 01, 2012 6:54PM

A WOMAN'S body found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west has been identified as that of missing mum Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226343926997

Gerard Baden-Clay charged with murder

June 13, 2012

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz33ZIYVvXt

Gerard Baden-Clay to stand trial for murder

March 20, 2013

Before a packed court room on Wednesday morning, Chief Magistrate Brendan Butler ordered Mr Baden-Clay face trial in the Supreme Court

‘‘I'm of the opinion the evidence is sufficient to put the defendant on trial on the offences charged,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘It will be for the jury to assess the evidence ...

As Mr Butler formally committed Mr Baden-Clay to stand trial, he asked the 42-year-old real estate agent to stand.

‘‘You are charged that on or about the 19th day of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you murdered Allison June Baden-Clay,’’ Mr Butler said.

‘‘You are further charged that on or about the 19th of April 2012 at Brisbane in the state of Queensland you improperly interfered with a dead human body,’’ Mr Butler said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-murder-20130320-2geno.html#ixzz33Z2Bd99v

Trial Day 1 - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Trial Day 4 - Trial Day 5 - Trial Day 6 - Trial Day 7 - Trial Day 8 -
Trial Day 9
- Trial Day 10 - Trial Day 11 - Trial Day 12 - Trial Day 13

Reminders:

Derogatory name calling/name changes are not allowed on WS.

No disparaging comments about the accused, the defense team or witnesses

If you have a problem with a post (do not respond) please use the Alert Button (triangle icon) located top right corner of every post. (This translates to....if another member is being a drongo, use the dobber button rather than ear bashing about it on the thread)

Treat opposing views respectfully.

If you have any questions, please PM (private message) a moderator.

Make sure you read & abide by our rules & post responsibly

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A BIG thankyou to Websleuths for allowing this to happen...

As we look for justice for Allison...

Please continue here....

Morning

My expectations were too high yesterday.

The conflict I have is this:

A liar and adulterer does not = murderer.

I acknowledge to be a murderer you'd need to be a damned good liar to get away with it.

Most convicted murderers spend time in jail wailing about being innocent... They continue to appeal and continue to lie in delusional attempts to regain a life of freedom to do as they please (ignoring societies laws, morals, ethics, etc)

So it said a murderer is often me-focused, ignoring life's rules.

It's yet to be proven how Allison died.

We know how she didn't.

The more detail that emerges especially the more GBC speaks; the more I imagine being Allison and actually consider how wanting to top myself if I were her would not be such a stretch (except for her girls) because it must have been such a wrestle to stay positive about hers and the children's future with and without this male she chose to marry and raise children with

AND at the same time I feel this...

the more plausible it seems GBC was involved in both Allison's murder and it's cover up (a whole lot of cover up and he's clearly very, very capable of covering his tracks - a proven expert liar who lied and advantaged himself sexually and financially significantly the more he lied in his adult, married/family, community and business life)

The prosecutor needs more evidence.

The jury need more evidence.

WS's are waiting for something about the round about to be revealed.

Otherwise reasonable doubt exists about:
GBC's movements and motivations and opportunities
and Allison's true state of mind, cause of death and how her body was found;

and there's:
blood evidence, scratches evidence, a glove tip, proven behaviours;

Plus there's;
lost evidence:
part of Allison's tooth missing, phone missing, charger (?), pj's missing, friend's clothing missing, and nearly (!) one of Allison's runners missing.

This is my bit of understanding as a late starter on WS.

I apologise for undoubtedly many glaring gaps to veteran WS's.

Feel free to 'set me straight' on any aspects or details.

Looking forward to being undistracted today in my reading of posts and tweets and stay up on top of the refreshing.

Will some damning evidence come to court today to clearly understand how (and why) Allison died?

GBC IMO was 'killing off' Allison (their marriage and their children's family and future) with what he said about Allison to others, to her and with what he did to her with her knowledge and with what he did without her knowledge; on many levels GBC harmed Allison and for many years he chose not to stop it.

Only family or someone of similar ilk could excuse or condone GBC's choices and actions as a father, as a husband. Better men exist by making better choices.

So, so many married/partnered men (and far fewer women) do same to their spouses and children in Australia and in every other country that it can't be against the law (it's just not practical to lock them all up)

I too would like to see GBC spend his days without the freedom to do it all over again to his next 'partner' and possibly more children, community members, employers, employees and business associates.

He is only going to jail if it's proven he murderer Allison.

jmo

In reply to laserdisc10, I wonder if prosecution called the BCs in order to show what kind of people they are, without having to cross examine them if they turned up as defence witnesses? Juries can be sympathetic towards "innocent" people who are aggressively cross examined.

Quote by Marlywings

Just doing a rewind to yesterday it seems the chequered pyjamas are a big part of this case now. We don't know yet if they were missing or not.

However, if they are missing this is what I'm thinking may have occurred.

I think she was murdered in that bedroom. He dragged her by her feet (see QC Fuller's opening address) out through the door leading onto patio. Her hair & sloppy joe/tracksuit top collects the leaves along the way.

He bundled her body into the Captiva just outside in the carport. '

On the way to Kholo a trickle of blood comes from her mouth or nose. He dumps her under the bridge.

But either at that moment or later, he realises his "she went for a walk" story won't fit with her still wearing pyjamas so he returns to Kholo with the pair of 3/4 length pants = interfering with a corpse.

I agree - and I've always thought he went back to Kholo a second time.

Quote by Marlywings

Reposting this as I've changed a couple of points....

Just doing a rewind to yesterday it seems the chequered pyjamas are a big part of this case now. We don't know yet if they were missing or not.

I think she was murdered in that bedroom. He dragged her by her feet (see QC Fuller's opening address) out through the door leading onto patio. Her hair & sloppy joe/tracksuit top collects the leaves along the way.

On the way to Kholo a trickle of blood comes from her mouth or nose or ear. He dumps her under the bridge.

But either at that moment or later, he realises his "she went for a walk" story won't fit with her still wearing pyjamas so "himself" OR "someone else" returns to Kholo with the pair of 3/4 length pants = interfering with a corpse.

Quote by Marlywings

It's the first time I've heard of two possible trips to Kholo, could one of you spare the time to quickly fill me in on your thoughts that this may be so? I've only come in on this case a couple of weeks back.

Quote by Marlywings

One of my points I changed....OR "someone else" went back to change Allison's pants. Oversized pants??

One of my points I changed....OR "someone else" went back to change Allison's pants. Oversized pants??
Moving the body from house to creek is already interference with corpse. Did not need to go back to creek a second time for that charge....

Reposting this as I've changed a couple of points....

On the way to Kholo a trickle of blood comes from her mouth or nose or ear. He dumps her under the bridge.

But either at that moment or later, he realises his "she went for a walk" story won't fit with her still wearing pyjamas so "himself" OR "someone else" returns to Kholo with the pair of 3/4 length pants = interfering with a corpse.

As much as your proposition may seem attractive, in principle, I can't see it, I'm afraid.

I really don't think that someone who may have just murdered his wife, then taken her 14Km away and disposed of the body (with or without help), and having left three kids at home alone (probably) is going to increase the risk factors by an order of magnitude by returning to Kholo - just to change a pair of pants? What difference was that going to make?

As much as your proposition may seem attractive, in principle, I can't see it, I'm afraid.

I really don't think that someone who may have just murdered his wife, then taken her 14Km away and disposed of the body (with or without help), and having left three kids at home alone (probably) is going to increase the risk factors by an order of magnitude by returning to Kholo - just to change a pair of pants? What difference was that going to make?

Well the story had to be constructed once the body was sorted out. I think that is the natural flow of things in an entirely unnatural situation. But the pants are just TOO BIG.

If someone murders their spouse in the home, they're not going to give a damn about their children being left home alone for around an hour or so.

Twenty minute trip to Kholo??...10-15mins to dispose of the body...twenty minutes back home.

Have just been looking at GBC phone records... if my husband was missing, I would be trying to call his mobile everyday for days/weeks! Not just a few times on the day he went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22