785 users online (97 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Yeliani Schwartz-Ojeda, 3, beaten to death, mom charged, 27 June 2014

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...run-fac/ngXCf/

An Orange County mother said her 3-year-old daughter was killed in a hit-and-run accident, but the Medical Examiner's Office ruled the cause of death as homicide, saying the injuries were not consistent with being struck by a vehicle.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office made the announcement just hours after the mother, Maryann Schwartz, was in court trying to regain custody of her 2-year-old son, Angel. The toddler was placed in foster care after his sister's death.

Neighbors at the apartment complex where 3-year-old Yeliani Schwartz-Ojeda lived were shocked to learn that she wasn't hit by a car and her mother's story didn't add up for investigators.

http://www.wogx.com/story/25919437/d...led-a-homicide

In a custody hearing on Sunday, a Child Protection Investigator said medical staff voiced concerns about the time of death given the temperature of the little girl's body. The investigator also said the little girl seemed to be malnourished and both of Schwartz's children had bruises all over their bodies.

"There were bruises on the children that concerned us and led us to believe there is possible physical abuse that occurred," said Department of Children and Families spokeswoman Kristi Gray.

I am so sick of people lying to cover up the deaths of their children.
    Vermont born and raised!

I would have been nice to also read she had been arrested.......

So what about her partner? apparently all the children show signs of malnutrition and abuse. The poor little girl must have had horrific injuries to kill her. JMOO

I hope they place that poor 2 yr old FAR AWAY from the entire family. He deserves a brand new start, with a family that truly loves him.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

So this mothers' girlfriend has 3 children of her own too?

How can we be certain which one of these women killed her?

Arrest them both!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

horrible. i am so over seeing parents try to hide their abuse and murder of their children behind the guise of

abduction
    hit and run
    forgetfulness

to me it is pretty much 12 of one and half dozen of another. It all equals the same thing. dead kids when they didn't have to be at hands of their own parents.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Her partner has also been arrested. All children have been placed in foster care.
    Now that my babies are grown and on their own, I have my dh of 35 years to care for, as well as Schatzie, our white German Shepherd. She is now the baby of the household.

Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    Her partner has also been arrested. All children have been placed in foster care.
    Good.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    what city is this in?

Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    That is great news!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Yes, this is Orlando. One thing that is so sad here is the paternity issue. The women have 5 children and none if them have a known father. One of them has a first name only known of a father.
    Now that my babies are grown and on their own, I have my dh of 35 years to care for, as well as Schatzie, our white German Shepherd. She is now the baby of the household.

August 2014:

The DCF investigation started on Jan. 17 [2014].

An unnamed tipster reported watching Schwartz slam her 1-year-old son into a crib on several occasions at a homeless shelter where the family was staying. According to the witness, Schwartz did it with so much force, the baby started to cry.

Schwartz was seen punching her daughter in the chest and arms, hitting her son in the arms and legs and yelling at the children, according to the DCF documents. Her daughter was sometimes seen asking other people for food.

But when a DCF investigator went to the Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida shelter where Schwartz was living in a dorm with 10 to 20 other women and children, documents of the visit painted a picture of healthy, happy children who were not being harmed...

The case was closed March 10 with investigators believing Yeliani and her brother were safe.

Sept 2014:

the 911 dispatcher got two completely different stories on June 27 as Jelawnee's mother and her partner, Vanessa Morales, drove the child to the hospital where she later died of a head injury.

The report said Morales first told the dispatcher, "The kid fell down the stairs," and that she was OK. Then, after talking to someone in the background, Morales said the girl was struck by a car, according to the report...
    http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/re...y-daugh/nhLJK/
    Last edited by Rayemonde; 01-06-2016 at 12:21 AM.

January 2015:

New, exclusive evidence against an Orange County mother accused of making up a hit and run accident to cover up her daughter’s murder show a messy home and the child's blood around the house...

Schwartz is the only suspect, facing first-degree murder for the death of her 3-year-old daughter, Yeliani Ojeda Schwartz.
    http://www.mynews13.com/content/news...ictures_i.html