892 users online (184 members and 708 guests)  

Websleuths News

OT: Judge to rape suspect: "You're not Michael Jackson"

It could be dangerous for a man charged with raping a child to think he might beat it based on Michael Jackson's acquittal, a judge warned.

"You're not Michael Jackson. And you're not a celebrity," state District Court Judge David Ritchie told suspect Nicholas Pitree, who has rejected defense attorneys' advice to accept a plea agreement.

The judge said he hoped Pitree, 22, was not ignoring his attorneys' advice on false hope drawn from the pop star's acquittal Monday on child molestation charges.

Pitree is accused of abducting a 12-year-old girl from a bus stop in 2004, driving her to a secluded area, raping her and then dropping her off at a shopping mall.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

In a similar vein: I was once sexually assaulted by my employer. When I met with the Crown Attorney, he told me that a new 'barometer' had been established because of Paul Bernardo.

As in 'well...he wasn't Paul Bernardo...'.

In any event, my attacker pled guilty to forcible confinement and now has a criminal record for that, was fined $5,000 and given 150 hours of community service.

So...imho...the MJ NG verdicts will have serious repercussions in the justice system.