919 users online (180 members and 739 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1527
  1. #1
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,555

    GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

    Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

    (CNN)
    -- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

    Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

    "Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

    "I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.





    More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/tod...sr=google_news
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Last edited by Salem; 07-02-2014 at 07:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Good Morning Everyone. Seems you all had a busy night, early morning.

    Please read the following:

    "POWER POSTING" where one responds over and over to every post with little time in between and always to drive a single point home is a violation of etiquette, as is stating unknowns as knowns, or stating them as fact. If you state a fact, you need a link. Power Posting is very disruptive on the thread and it's not allowed.

    If it is determined that a member is power posting in a thread, they will be asked to leave the thread. If the member chooses not to leave the thread, TOs will be issued.

    "GANGING UP ON OTHER MEMBERS" is not allowed. If you disagree with something, but your only comment is to tell another they are wrong, then don't post it. Just scroll. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you must respond, then post the link that refutes their statement and MOVE ON. Members that participate in ganging up will be issued TOs. This is bullying guys, and it's not tolerated here.

    Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.

    Salem

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Mom is considered a victim here unless you have a link from LE/MSM saying otherwise. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants.

    Please post accordingly.

    Salem

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182

    GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

    Please continue here.

    Salem

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    83
    With tomorrow's hearing, what exactly will we learn? Will they release the evidence they have that support the charges? Will all our lingering questions be answered or do we have to wait for his trial for that?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DofC
    Posts
    20,918
    Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    With tomorrow's hearing, what exactly will we learn? Will they release the evidence they have that support the charges? Will all our lingering questions be answered or do we have to wait for his trial for that?
    They will outline their case for the judge. jmo
    __________
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not ... The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone." - Robin Williams

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,593
    New details expected to emerge in hot car death of Cobb County boy

    Certainly, a strange, but largely circumstantial set of facts, but does it add up to murder? And was Cooper's mom involved?

    Police say they interviewed Leanna Harris after her son's death. The licensed dietician has not been charged with any crime. But police have seized the couple's computers, cell phones and tablets to see if there's any evidence the toddler's death was planned by one or both parents.

    The biggest question is: Why? But no one has suggested a motive for the rime.

    On Thursday, police and prosecutors will finally have to lay out the evidence in a case they have suggested virtually since day one was not an accident.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/cr...eath/12115477/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    With tomorrow's hearing, what exactly will we learn? Will they release the evidence they have that support the charges? Will all our lingering questions be answered or do we have to wait for his trial for that?
    Check out this link regarding the hearing:

    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07...-hearing-court

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    138
    HLN just announced they will be live from Cobb County, Ga tomorrow 1-5pm ET.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    They will outline their case for the judge. jmo
    Thanks popsicle.

    So, the case that they outline for the judge will be made public at that time? Will we know all the accusations tomorrow?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,508
    marking spot
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Malvo View Post
    HLN just announced they will be live from Cobb County, Ga tomorrow 1-5pm ET.
    Are they expecting the hearing to last that long?
    Justice for Caylee

    "We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,078
    Nancy Grace on. Opened with Cooper
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    With tomorrow's hearing, what exactly will we learn? Will they release the evidence they have that support the charges? Will all our lingering questions be answered or do we have to wait for his trial for that?
    To support the current charges LE will have to show that:

    a. a child suffered excessive physical or mental pain due to the criminal negligence of someone (a felony), and
    b. that the child died during the commission of said felony (felony murder.)

    IMO, the only question is whether or not he committed criminal negligence, which by the below definition I would say yes, he did:

    Criminal negligence
    Definition
    : a gross deviation from the standard of care expected of a reasonable person that is manifest in a failure to protect others from a risk (as of death) deriving from one's conduct and that renders one criminally liable
    http://research.lawyers.com/glossary...egligence.html

    So it comes down whether you believe a reasonable person could forget his own child in a hot car for 7 hours after interacting with that child <5 minutes before doing so and then completely failed to see that child when returning to the vehicle during the day. By my standards of reasonable behavior, that isn't possible, or at least is so dangerous to the health and welfare of others that it isn't reasonable.

    And that's literally the gist of what we've been arguing about for the past week. Some of us think there might have been actual intent, but again, intent doesn't have to be shown for the current charges to be levied.

Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1254
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
  2. Replies: 1270
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 01:42 AM
  3. Replies: 1658
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 12:59 PM
  4. Replies: 1204
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 08:06 PM
  5. Replies: 1318
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Tags for this Thread