678 users online (93 members and 585 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Laylani Mosely, 6 mos, Huntington Beach, 2 July 2014

Carolyn Ferguson and Laylani Mosely

Amber Alert Issued for 6-Month-Old Girl
    The girl, Laylani Mosely, was reported missing Wednesday afternoon by a family member

An Amber Alert was issued on Wednesday for a 6-month-old girl who was last seen with her grandmother, according to Huntington Beach police and the California Highway Patrol. The girl, Laylani Mosely, was reported missing Wednesday afternoon by a family member, police said. Laylani was last seen with her grandmother, 57-year-old Carolyn Ferguson, at 9 a.m., police said. Ferguson has a history of mental illness, police said. She was seen in the city of Fontana about 10 a.m. in a 2007 white PT Cruiser with the license plate #5UQZ701.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...265625911.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Is it just me, or is this baby just as cute as can be? I think she'll be A-OK.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh my gosh, such a little sweetheart. She is just adorable! Praying that grandma just took her darling granddaughter on an adventure, and the two of them will show up safe and well very soon!
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Why was she left with grandma if she has a history of mental illness? I mean I guess that could mean anything from a bout of postpartum depression 30 years ago to schizophrenia though. I'm hoping she's ok!

My youngest is 5 months and I would be a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    Why was she left with grandma if she has a history of mental illness? I mean I guess that could mean anything from a bout of postpartum depression 30 years ago to schizophrenia though. I'm hoping she's ok!

My youngest is 5 months and I would be a mess
    It's a big peeve of mine when statements are made saying someone has a history of mental illness, or even mental health concerns. It's so ambiguous that it could mean anything, and personally I think they just throw it in there to make the public more concerned about finding the missing child. I'm not knocking this idea at all, anything that could help find our missing children is definitely welcome by me, but it could have nothing to do with the case at all, and might even make people jump to certain conclusions which are actually detrimental in finding the missing child.

I hope my rambles made sense...
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

6-Month-Old Girl, Grandmother Found in Arizona After Amber Alert

A 6-month-old girl and her grandmother were found in Arizona on Wednesday evening within hours after an Amber Alert was issued to find them.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...lowTwt_LABrand

Quote Originally Posted by Public_Hysteria View Post
    It's a big peeve of mine when statements are made saying someone has a history of mental illness, or even mental health concerns. It's so ambiguous that it could mean anything, and personally I think they just throw it in there to make the public more concerned about finding the missing child. I'm not knocking this idea at all, anything that could help find our missing children is definitely welcome by me, but it could have nothing to do with the case at all, and might even make people jump to certain conclusions which are actually detrimental in finding the missing child.

I hope my rambles made sense...

Total sense and I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    6-Month-Old Girl, Grandmother Found in Arizona After Amber Alert

A 6-month-old girl and her grandmother were found in Arizona on Wednesday evening within hours after an Amber Alert was issued to find them.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...lowTwt_LABrand

EXCELLENT news!!! That is quite a ways from home though.

Great news! Bravo to the alert store clerk who called the police. Wow! Arizona?

Yay! Fantastic news!

But gosh... giving an infant instant coffee? Not the best idea...
    Emily Dickinson

It sounds like Grandma did have some mental health issues though. Who takes their infant grandbaby out of state on a road trip, feeds them espresso, and runs?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing...265637461.html

Sheriff's office spokesman Joaquin Enriquez said the grandmother will be booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail on kidnapping charges.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...abrk/12172083/

The woman accused of taking her 6-month-old granddaughter from California to Arizona, sparking an Amber Alert on Wednesday, was held on $50,000 bond in the Fourth Avenue Jail, authorities said Thursday...

Authorities at Ferguson's initial appearance said they thought Ferguson posed a flight risk and had an unstable mental state, which would require a higher bond amount.

Ferguson is facing charges of custodial interference, child abuse and endangerment. As part of the court's order, Ferguson will not be allowed to have any contact with minors, including the baby, as well as the baby's parents.

So lucky to have a happy ending here. Parental instinct can just be so invaluable.
    I brought a child into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring.