Ice Cream Truck Driver Charged With DUI

ariel7

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Reaction score
Hello y'all,

This seemed to fit here better than the Crimes Forum.

Ice Cream Truck Driver Charged With DUI

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - The driver of an ice cream truck was charged with drunken driving after a woman called police saying she saw a man throw a can of malt liquor onto her lawn.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2005/jun/15/061505390.html

love y'all,

Ariel:blowkiss:

It is true the last place you want to let your child go alone is the ice cream truck. Several known sex offenders have been determined to be selling ice cream. They have also been known for selling drugs out of the truck.
Since they are a low paid job, the employers often don't run checks on them.

mysteriew said:
It is true the last place you want to let your child go alone is the ice cream truck. Several known sex offenders have been determined to be selling ice cream. They have also been known for selling drugs out of the truck.
Since they are a low paid job, the employers often don't run checks on them.

I'm really surprised! It makes sense, but I'm still surprised. Color me naive.

I still like the beer idea. :)

Here is how they are looking at it in Michigan

Muskegon County Prosecutor Tony Tague also used the word "inappropriate," and said: "Under the Michigan sex offender registration law, his prior conviction is a public record and I believe the community should be fully informed."

Tague said a criminal background check should be required by law "of anyone involved in an employment situation such as this, or the coaching of children, or any other position that has significant contact with children."

Currently, there is no such requirement, although fingerprinting and background checks are mandatory for those seeking employment as substitute teachers.

Tague said he planned to contact area legislators asking for similar legislation for all positions where adults have significant contact with children.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muchronicle/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1118484906275530.xml

I cannot believe that there is no law about the background checks. I couldn't even volunteer at my kids school until I signed a release saying they could check me out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back