742 users online (107 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WA - Anji Dean, 17, Camas, 23 June 2014

Angelic ‘Anji’ Tracy Dean

Camas, Wash. teen missing since June 23rd

CAMAS, Wash. –
    A Camas teen is missing but so far, police and family members have not found any sign of her. Angelic ‘Anji’ Tracy Dean, 17, vanished on the evening of June 23rd. Anji’s mother told police that she went downstairs to say goodnight and her daughter was gone. She estimated that Anji vanished between 9 p.m. and10:30 p.m. She was last seen in the family’s home near 192nd Avenue in Camas. Family members searched for Anji that night and then alerted the Vancouver Police Department.
    http://www.kgw.com/news/Camas-Wash-t...265735641.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Anji's MeetMe account... http://www.meetme.com/member/20629464

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindAnji?ref=stream

Mom comments that Anji was lured away.

Prayers that they are quick to find her and that she's soon back home safe and sound!

Help Find Anji Facebook page

Authorities fear missing Camas girl may be trafficking victim

CAMAS, Wash. --
    Anji Dean's family can't believe no one has seen or heard from her since her disappearance on June 23rd. "We've put her picture all over the internet..we've put out thousands of fliers, but have heard nothing," said Anji's mother, Lynda Jorgensen. The 17-year-old left her home near 192nd in Camas between 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. on June 23. A neighbor reports spotting Anji getting out of a stranger's car filled with people just hours before she left. The car was described as an older model Volvo. The driver was a black man with a goatee between the ages of 25-35. "It scares the bejesus out of me because she didn't just run off on her own," said Jorgensen. The President of the National Women's Coalition against Violence and Exploitation is now working with the family and detectives on this troubling case. "I don't believe she left thinking she was running away, I believe after speaking with law enforcement and the detective on the case that we may be dealing with a human trafficking situation here in Clark county," said NWcave President Michelle Bart.
    http://www.kgw.com/news/Authorities-...265966211.html

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-news/266026951.html

She also sent her boyfriend an alarming text just days before disappearing, telling him she had gotten into something bad and someone was threatening to kill him and her family. Her boyfriend is cooperating with detectives.

Authorities also discovered a cell phone that Anji's parents didn't know she had. They are analyzing it for clues.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    What a beautiful young lady. I hope they find her soon.

Camas teen: 'If you’re reading this, I’m either missing or dead'
    http://www.kgw.com/news/If-youre-rea...266124311.html

There was a brief telephone interview with Anji's mom on Nancy Grace tonight, but I didn't hear anything new.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/266129101.html

Jorgensen said, in the months before Anji vanished, she’d made comments to teachers and councilors that she was in something that she couldn’t get out of.

What jumped out at me when I read this story on the subject: http://www.kptv.com/story/25961261/missing-teen

was this;
    She also left a binder with three letters addressed to family.

"The first letter said, ‘If you're reading this, I'm missing or dead,'" her mom said.

It was signed by the teen and read, "When or if you find me, I'll be all used up or dead."
    Sounds to me like she was forced into prostitution with the threat to kill her family and boyfriend if she didn't comply, and when she left, she knew she wasn't coming back.

I certainly hope they find her safely.

I wonder what hold someone could have over her. Why didn't she tell anyone? poor girl must have felt there was no way out other to go along with them especially when death threat are made against your family. What sort of trouble could she have been in. I hope she did speak to someone and that they will come forward except if they are scared too. JMOO

This is absolutely terrifying.

"Before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." - Atticus Finch

Quote Originally Posted by Marg from Oz View Post
    I wonder what hold someone could have over her. Why didn't she tell anyone? poor girl must have felt there was no way out other to go along with them especially when death threat are made against your family. What sort of trouble could she have been in. I hope she did speak to someone and that they will come forward except if they are scared too. JMOO
    Unfortunately, those threats may have been sufficient to keep her from talking; you know, "You tell anyone, you go to cops, you tell a teacher, then your family and your boyfriend is dead. Got it?"

This is a 17-year old we're talking about, after all, and most likely that would've been enough to ensure her silence.

At the 1:40 mark in this video from KGW Portland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfjMOoegOE you can read the following text message:

They were going to kill you and my family..And know (out of screen) I loved you.
    Followed by:

I am going. I'm sorry. Hope you know I'm not leaving myself... there (sic) (out of screen) to go.
    She left with whomever took her out of fear that her family and loved ones would be harmed. And by leaving all her stuff - glasses, mobile phones, bank cards, ID's - whoever planned her disappearance told her to leave those items behind so she couldn't be easily traced. The police are going to have to go through her e-mails, web sites she visited, and try to see if they can access text messages from both of her mobile phones. Hopefully, that will give some clues as to not only with whom she disappeared, but more importantly why; the reasons for this disappearance.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    There was a brief telephone interview with Anji's mom on Nancy Grace tonight, but I didn't hear anything new.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/266129101.html
    Why didn't the teachers report this? Aren't they obligated by law to do so???? This poor girl. My daughter is the same age. I couldn't imagine what her family is going through

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast