GUILTY PA - Peggy Swann, 83, found dead in Harrisburg basement, 26 June 2014

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 49 year old man whose 83 year old lover was found dead in his basement in Harrisburg, PA, has spoken out. He wants his name cleared.

David Barksdale speculated that the reason he, and other tenants he says live in the house he shared with Peggy Swann, did not smell the body was because she was wrapped in a blanket.

According to the article, Barksdale posted a FB msg June 9th, stating Peggy was missing, although now he says he doesn't remember doing so. He found her body June 26th.

'Harrisburg Police .....have said they are treating the case as a homicide until evidence proves otherwise. No suspects have been named; no charges have been filed.'

'On Tuesday, abc27 reported on court documents that revealed Dauphin County Area Agency on Aging were conducting an investigation into alleged sexual abuse against Swann two weeks prior. Per abc27 policy, the man named in those documents was not identified'

Video at link.
http://www.abc27.com/story/25937327/man-wants-name-cleared-following-death-of-elderly-woman?

I don't know if it's the worry over Peggy being missing - but Barksdale looks thin to the point of being emaciated to me.

Harrisburg man arrested, charged months after denying role in roommate's death
April 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Harrisburg police have arrested the roommate of a woman found dead in her basement nearly ten months ago.

David Barksdale, 49, of Harrisburg, has been charged in connection with the death of 83-year-old Peggy Swann on June 25, 2014, according to city police on Friday.

Swann had been reported missing for two weeks, and Barksdale claimed he hadn't seen the woman in the home they shared in the 100 block of North 13th Street. The woman, he said he figured, was hiding out to avoid an investigation by the county's Area Agency on Aging.

Harrisburg man convicted of killing 83-year-old girlfriend, hiding her body in basement - December 2016

David Barksdale didn't accept the verdict when a Dauphin County jury convicted him of first-degree murder Friday afternoon.

The Harrisburg man let Judge Deborah E. Curcillo know it when she sentenced him to life in prison for the June 2014 slaying of his 83-year-old roommate/girlfriend, Peggy Swann.

"I didn't kill Peggy Swann," the 51-year-old Barksdale told the judge. "I've just been convicted for a crime I didn't commit."

Curcillo told him he can make his claims on appeal.

The jurors deliberated for five hours before rendering the verdict prosecutors Jack Canavan and Kristie Falbo sought. The DAs claimed Barksdale strangled Swann in her home in the 100 block of North 13th Street in June 2014, reported her missing, then left her body in the basement to rot for more than two weeks before calling police to report a foul odor.

83-year-old murder victim's home was like a 'hoarder house,' agency worker says

'What's that smell?' Witness describes odor of death in 83-year-old Harrisburg murder victim's home

'You don't want a witch hunt,' Harrisburg man told cops probing 83-year-old girlfriend's death

Harrisburg murder defendant is on trial only because he's odd, lawyer says

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back