1101 users online (175 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
    -- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/tod...sr=google_news
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Last edited by Salem; 07-04-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Good Morning Everyone. Seems you all had a busy night, early morning.

Please read the following:

"POWER POSTING" where one responds over and over to every post with little time in between and always to drive a single point home is a violation of etiquette, as is stating unknowns as knowns, or stating them as fact. If you state a fact, you need a link. Power Posting is very disruptive on the thread and it's not allowed.

If it is determined that a member is power posting in a thread, they will be asked to leave the thread. If the member chooses not to leave the thread, TOs will be issued.

"GANGING UP ON OTHER MEMBERS" is not allowed. If you disagree with something, but your only comment is to tell another they are wrong, then don't post it. Just scroll. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you must respond, then post the link that refutes their statement and MOVE ON. Members that participate in ganging up will be issued TOs. This is bullying guys, and it's not tolerated here.

Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.

Salem

Mom is no longer considered a victim for Websleuths purposes. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants and the information that came out in court at the Probable Cause/Bond Hearing.

As far as sleuthing mom, the door is now open.

Please post accordingly.

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 07-04-2014 at 02:03 AM.

GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Please continue the discussion here.

Thank you Fran! We can also discuss what Leanna was said to have told to the daycare workers and to Ross Harris as well since that was brought out in court today, yes?

To Salem,
    I do not think ganging up is going to be an issue.
    We seem to be arguing his sentence DP, LWOP or 30 year plea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

saving my spot.

SStarr33, Harris doesn't look like the type to do gauging? Does he look like the type to intentionally kill his child? How about the sexting with a 16 year old? Does he look like that type?

link to the original quote from the previous thread
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

I am waaay behind here. I apologize if this has been said a million times.

Was it just me, or did the defense seem genuinely surprised to learn most of the information? He seemed surprised also that LE recorded everything and took so many pictures. Or maybe he was just hoping they hadn't?

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post

Was it just me, or did the defense seem genuinely surprised to learn most of the information? He seem surprised also that LE recorded everything and took so many pictures. Or maybe he was just hoping they hadn't?
    I don't think Harris told his lawyers anything about what came out today.

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    Sense of entitlement mixed with immaturity. I have seen that too often. Elliot Rodger, Lori Drew, Casey Anthony, Josh Powell, and Andrew Cunanan come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    It's called psychopathy!

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Narcissistic psychopath.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post

Was it just me, or did the defense seem genuinely surprised to learn most of the information? He seemed surprised also that LE recorded everything and took so many pictures. Or maybe he was just hoping they hadn't?

I certainly hope they weren't. bbm

I have to agree that his lawyer was just as appalled as we were with some of the information from the prosecution.
    Vermont born and raised!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Zuri
    In 32 years of working in critical care, I have NEVER, not once, had a mother not request to see their child, whether they were hours old to adulthood. NEVER.

There is a sound that mothers make when they learn of their child's death. It is a deep gutteral wail. The sound is so distinct that I could tell when a mother was given the news and I was on the other side of the ER. If you have heard it, you know what I mean. Instantly recognizable. Such profound pain it brings you to tears.

Am I correct in thinking that the detective said that LH showed little to no emotion and no tears upon hearing the news of CH death?
    I do no want to even think about it. I can imagine it is something that stays with you for the rest of your life when you hear it. The scream happens no matter how old their child is, baby or +50s.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast