GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
Georgia toddler's death -- first blamed on heat -- is ongoing probe, police say

(CNN)
-- It was a tragedy from the outset: a toddler found dead apparently after being left alone for hours in a hot car, a distraught father blaming himself and facing serious criminal charges.

Now, Cobb County, Georgia, police imply there is more -- much more -- to the story.

"Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN. He would not elaborate, citing an ongoing investigation, but his words made it clear this was not just another case of a young life left and lost to heat exposure in a hot car.

"I've been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather," said Pierce.

140620201004-nr-brooke-mom-lost-kid-in-hot-car-00004516-story-body.jpg

More at http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/us/toddler-car-death-probe/?sr=google_news

Good Morning Everyone. Seems you all had a busy night, early morning.

Please read the following:

"POWER POSTING" where one responds over and over to every post with little time in between and always to drive a single point home is a violation of etiquette, as is stating unknowns as knowns, or stating them as fact. If you state a fact, you need a link. Power Posting is very disruptive on the thread and it's not allowed.

If it is determined that a member is power posting in a thread, they will be asked to leave the thread. If the member chooses not to leave the thread, TOs will be issued.

"GANGING UP ON OTHER MEMBERS" is not allowed. If you disagree with something, but your only comment is to tell another they are wrong, then don't post it. Just scroll. Everyone gets their own opinion. If you must respond, then post the link that refutes their statement and MOVE ON. Members that participate in ganging up will be issued TOs. This is bullying guys, and it's not tolerated here.

Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.

Salem

Mom is no longer considered a victim for Websleuths purposes. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants and the information that came out in court at the Probable Cause/Bond Hearing.

As far as sleuthing mom, the door is now open.

Please post accordingly.

Salem

Thank you Fran! We can also discuss what Leanna was said to have told to the daycare workers and to Ross Harris as well since that was brought out in court today, yes?

To Salem,
I do not think ganging up is going to be an issue.
We seem to be arguing his sentence;) DP, LWOP or 30 year plea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am waaay behind here. I apologize if this has been said a million times.

Was it just me, or did the defense seem genuinely surprised to learn most of the information? He seemed surprised also that LE recorded everything and took so many pictures. Or maybe he was just hoping they hadn't?

Was it just me, or did the defense seem genuinely surprised to learn most of the information? He seem surprised also that LE recorded everything and took so many pictures. Or maybe he was just hoping they hadn't?

I don't think Harris told his lawyers anything about what came out today.

Was it just me, or did the defense seem genuinely surprised to learn most of the information? He seemed surprised also that LE recorded everything and took so many pictures. Or maybe he was just hoping they hadn't?

I certainly hope they weren't. bbm

I have to agree that his lawyer was just as appalled as we were with some of the information from the prosecution.

Originally Posted by Zuri
In 32 years of working in critical care, I have NEVER, not once, had a mother not request to see their child, whether they were hours old to adulthood. NEVER.

There is a sound that mothers make when they learn of their child's death. It is a deep gutteral wail. The sound is so distinct that I could tell when a mother was given the news and I was on the other side of the ER. If you have heard it, you know what I mean. Instantly recognizable. Such profound pain it brings you to tears.

Am I correct in thinking that the detective said that LH showed little to no emotion and no tears upon hearing the news of CH death?

I do no want to even think about it. I can imagine it is something that stays with you for the rest of your life when you hear it. The scream happens no matter how old their child is, baby or +50s.

O/T - yeah got rid of the annoying cow. Me in 1960!

About the same age as poor little Cooper. I am so sad for him and angry that this could happen.

IMOO, the defense wasn't aware of most of the info the dect revealed today.

I tell you what, I 'm still shocked at what I heard. I've followed crime cases for years and this [modsnip] is the worst. I can hardly see pictures of Cooper without crying.

I'm waiting for mom to be :banghead:charged and arrested.:jail:

I'm rewatching the hearing.... and man, I sure do like Det. Stoddard. He is a class act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy