820 users online (74 members and 746 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1194
    Per the ME investigation report it states that the rum and Riesling bottles that were found in bedroom were usually kept in the kitchen.
    JMO as I have seen it happen before. No judgement-JMO. Some women have gotten restraining orders just to break the order themselves. We don't know either way. KR could have still been seeing ETJ here and there but not broadcasting it. From what little we actually know about his interactions with both girls...I will say he does strike me as the type IMO that instead of pining after someone or looking through bushes he would move on to the next girl. JMO. Also I'd like to note that ETJ and Faith did not always have a strained relationship. We never know what goes on in a relationship behind closed doors. There are always three sides to every story. His. Hers. The truth. I also want to make it clear there is no doubt he did exhibit abusive behavior. A judge wouldn't grant an order if they didn't see evidence of it. Anyways, JMO.
    The laptops IIRC...KR wasn't obtained till October 2012...plenty of time to delete anything not wanting to be found. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Simplestarz86 View Post
    Per the ME investigation report it states that the rum and Riesling bottles that were found in bedroom were usually kept in the kitchen.
    JMO as I have seen it happen before. No judgement-JMO. Some women have gotten restraining orders just to break the order themselves. We don't know either way. KR could have still been seeing ETJ here and there but not broadcasting it. From what little we actually know about his interactions with both girls...I will say he does strike me as the type IMO that instead of pining after someone or looking through bushes he would move on to the next girl. JMO. Also I'd like to note that ETJ and Faith did not always have a strained relationship. We never know what goes on in a relationship behind closed doors. There are always three sides to every story. His. Hers. The truth. I also want to make it clear there is no doubt he did exhibit abusive behavior. A judge wouldn't grant an order if they didn't see evidence of it. Anyways, JMO.
    The laptops IIRC...KR wasn't obtained till October 2012...plenty of time to delete anything not wanting to be found. JMO
    He also doesn't strike me as the "pining" type. He DOES strike me as the type who moves on quickly when HE ends a relationship, but doesn't deal well with it at all when a girl drops him.
    Last edited by CADwrest; 09-28-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CADwrest View Post
    He also doesn't strike me as the "pining" type. He DOES strike me as the type who moves on quickly when HE ends a relationship, but doesn't deal well with it at all when a girl drops him.
    True but as I said it is IMO that KR may have still been seeing ETJ even with an active restraining order.

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    The search warrant inventory says that an IBM Thinkpad was seized, but the search warrants to search KR's and FH's laptops say they are both Lenovos. Faith also tweeted about hating her Lenovo. What do people think of that? Was the inventory in error, was the search warrant for Faith's or Karena's laptop in error, or is there a third computer?
    It's the same thing right? Those are the raggedy school issued computers that they would give us @ Carolina during that time. Some ppl call them Lenovos, others call them Thinkpads. As far as I recall the laptop says both on it. I'll take a pic of my old one later.

Update: So the computers do say lenovo on the back where all the stickers and pin numbers are and stuff. And the front looks like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by youlostone; 09-28-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplestarz86 View Post

There is no such thing as deleting a file from a computer anymore. I am more capable than most, and I can't do it in such a way as a forensic exam wouldn't be able that reconstruct the files. It used to be pretty easy, but with solid state hard drives, it is almost impossible to make any thing totally go away.

Not specific to this case, but just a reminder that CBS premieres its (fictional) “Wisdom of the Crowd” series tonight, on using the hive-mind of the Web to solve crimes (no idea if it'll bear any similarities to Websleuths?):

http://www.cbs.com/shows/wisdom-of-the-crowd/

Quote Originally Posted by Webthrush View Post
    Not specific to this case, but just a reminder that CBS premieres its (fictional) “Wisdom of the Crowd” series tonight, on using the hive-mind of the Web to solve crimes (no idea if it'll bear any similarities to Websleuths?):

http://www.cbs.com/shows/wisdom-of-the-crowd/

Curious if Websleuths community ever helped crack a cold case?

Quote Originally Posted by raiders444 View Post
    Curious if Websleuths community ever helped crack a cold case?
    Yes, but mostly on the UID side of things. I think LE does get ideas by reading here sometimes, but I have no proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    Yes, but mostly on the UID side of things. I think LE does get ideas by reading here sometimes, but I have no proof of that.
    they would be foolish not to at least skim this thing! You never know when somebody might mention something that nobody else knows about.

My thinking on this case tends to run in certain circles, and at the moment my circle of thought has returned me to KR and the reasons to believe she is responsible for this crime. Yes, the male DNA on the bottle, pen and Faith are a problem for the KR-did-it-theory, but I will deal with that later.

The most compelling reason to suspect KR, IMO, is that she was the last person to see Faith alive and the odds of someone else entering that second floor apartment at 4:30am (uninvited and unannounced) are one in a million. If KR suspected that Faith was somehow being dishonest with her about a male, such as BE, this combined with alcohol could easily have sent her in to a murderous rage, in which case the rum bottle as murder weapon makes perfect sense.

For those who think that a male perpetrator did this, there is no chance that Faith would've let a male in to that apartment at 4:30am without that male having texted her or without her having texted that male. No chance. As for a male sneaking into that apartment at 4:30am, i.e., the possibility that the perpetrator was a prowler, this is a possibility and one that I regard as the most probable of the male-perpetrator scenarios. However this scenario has its issues as well, including what the prowler's motive was, why he ended up killing Faith, why she was killed where she was killed and not elsewhere and why she was killed with the bottle.

The bottle may be more important than one might think, IMO. Indeed I think the bottle might be able to help us better understand what happened if we give a bit of time over to thinking carefully about it. Why does the bottle become the murder weapon? What is it doing in the bedroom? How did it get from the kitchen to the bedroom? Maybe a prowler picks it up as he walks past the kitchen towards the bedroom? If so, though, he already had terrible violence on his mind (as opposed to merely burglary or sexual assault). Regardless, I think the bottle is worth thinking about, mulling over.

I've also always thought KR is in some way directly involved. I agree the likelihood of it being some rando prowler seems pretty slim- especially when you add in that note on the bag. If it's a totally random person who just moves about in the shadows and has ZERO connection to FH, KR etc....why the need for a personal sounding note? Not to be morbid but if your MO is to rape and kill, you probably don't care too much about leaving behind notes. So IMO, the guy who's DNA was found is a connection to FH or KR or both. Maybe someone KR called in to "teach this girl a lesson for messing with the wrong man" sort of thing?

Also, wondering about cell phone forensics if anyone has experience in this area. We know LE can tell where cell's were located based on tower pings, and cell phone records can show who texted who, and when. But can LE recover what was texted? If ETJ, KR, BE, etc. delete texts would LE be able to recover what was written? Maybe LE has some very positive evidence here but without the actual words, can't bring a case to court. A suspect could easily claim what they texted was about a homework assignment or some BS

Alright, since we're back to KR again:

The issue of semen being present and matching the DNA of the murder weapon continues to be an insurmountable problem in the "KR did it in a rage" scenario. There has yet to be a realistic answer to that problem presented.

Second, and I don't think this has been mentioned before, but the motive (jealousy) in the KR theories is particularly half-baked. There's no evidence of conflict between the two women. None. The only named male the two had any sort of mutual relationship with was BE, and KR had a prior relationship with him while FH had a current plutonic one. That's as far as it gets. Even if there was a jealousy issue there, which again has never been shown, just supposed, female friends usually find a way to deal with that problem without deciding to "eliminate the hypotenuse". Even throwing a little alcohol into a jealous girl doesn't often turn her into a murdering sociopath. I knew girls in college that occasionally had conflicts over guys they both liked, and that usually just involved not speaking to each other for a while, making catty comments to friends, then tearily reconnecting once they realized their friendship was more important.

Now, sorry, but there is a "chance" Faith let an unexpected male in. It's been stated several times just in this thread by women that they did that very thing during their college years. It may seem unlikely, but Faith could have, too.

Finally, I hate to repeat, but LE looked at KR extensively. If she'd snapped and beaten Faith with a bottle, she'd have descended into a drunken panic, ran around leaving a bunch of incriminating forensic evidence, probably taken Faith's car as opposed to waiting for someone to come get her, then broken down after the first two hours of interrogation once she realized how hopelessly screwed she was.

Quote Originally Posted by CADwrest View Post
    Alright, since we're back to KR again:

The issue of semen being present and matching the DNA of the murder weapon continues to be an insurmountable problem in the "KR did it in a rage" scenario. There has yet to be a realistic answer to that problem presented.

Second, and I don't think this has been mentioned before, but the motive (jealousy) in the KR theories is particularly half-baked. There's no evidence of conflict between the two women. None. The only named male the two had any sort of mutual relationship with was BE, and KR had a prior relationship with him while FH had a current plutonic one. That's as far as it gets. Even if there was a jealousy issue there, which again has never been shown, just supposed, female friends usually find a way to deal with that problem without deciding to "eliminate the hypotenuse". Even throwing a little alcohol into a jealous girl doesn't often turn her into a murdering sociopath. I knew girls in college that occasionally had conflicts over guys they both liked, and that usually just involved not speaking to each other for a while, making catty comments to friends, then tearily reconnecting once they realized their friendship was more important.

Now, sorry, but there is a "chance" Faith let an unexpected male in. It's been stated several times just in this thread by women that they did that very thing during their college years. It may seem unlikely, but Faith could have, too.

Finally, I hate to repeat, but LE looked at KR extensively. If she'd snapped and beaten Faith with a bottle, she'd have descended into a drunken panic, ran around leaving a bunch of incriminating forensic evidence, probably taken Faith's car as opposed to waiting for someone to come get her, then broken down after the first two hours of interrogation once she realized how hopelessly screwed she was.
    I agree completely with this argument.

I've also always thought KR is in some way directly involved. I agree the likelihood of it being some rando prowler seems pretty slim- especially when you add in that note on the bag. If it's a totally random person who just moves about in the shadows and has ZERO connection to FH, KR etc....why the need for a personal sounding note? Not to be morbid but if your MO is to rape and kill, you probably don't care too much about leaving behind notes. So IMO, the guy who's DNA was found is a connection to FH or KR or both. Maybe someone KR called in to "teach this girl a lesson for messing with the wrong man" sort of thing?

Also, wondering about cell phone forensics if anyone has experience in this area. We know LE can tell where cell's were located based on tower pings, and cell phone records can show who texted who, and when. But can LE recover what was texted? If ETJ, KR, BE, etc. delete texts would LE be able to recover what was written? Maybe LE has some very positive evidence here but without the actual words, can't bring a case to court. A suspect could easily claim what they texted was about a homework assignment or some BS

I always thought that the police could get the content of text messages (usually by subpoena to the cell provider). Just saying this based on watching lots of Dateline and Googling just now

Yes, LE can recover texts pretty easily, and most likely has. A) they are deleted from a phone, even when "deleted," indeed, in many cases, LE uses the fact that someone *tried* to delete texts as evidence in a subsequent prosecution (e.g., see Terry Sievers case), B) the cell phone carrier has records of the contents of texts and can turn those over with a warrant. The idea that there is some important communication between or involving Faith and her inner circle that has not been uncovered is very unlikely to be true.

Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast