1298 users online (200 members and 1098 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Here's another article from the Raleigh N&O:

DNA provides break in UNC student's murder

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

I haven't seen anything about this in the news here in Raleigh in months - sort of sad that I have to do a Websleuths search just to see what's happening here in my local area. It seems weird that this went so quiet almost right away.

I just came to this site today for the very same reasons you just posted, Hucklepie -- haven't heard nor seen a word on this case. Mmmm, a pity. Sometimes there's that calm before the storm -- total silence from LE and the press, and then BOOM the case has taken wings and there's a suspect, a motive and a theory as to how it went down & why -- but not this one. So far, at least.

I hope something is cookin' for her family's sake -- I feel sure her father is going nuts, and for her friends -- they must be angry and maybe a bit scared, too.

All we can do is poke around if we have any theories (I have none), and continue to think positively about this case. Grrrrr.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...rticle-9239155

one year anniversary. said that not more is being done.

Faith Hedgepeth case to get new SBI help
    Updated: 10/04/13 1:32am

After a yearlong investigation with no suspects named, Chapel Hill police have reached out to the State Bureau of Investigation for more help investigating last year’s homicide of Faith Hedgepeth.

Hedgepeth was a UNC junior when she was found dead in her off-campus apartment on Sept. 7, 2012.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/...epeth-homicide

Just saw on WTVD/ABC news that warrants have been unsealed in the case of Faith Hedgepeth's murder. They are heavily redacted, per this article. I didn't know that the media had sued to get the warrants unsealed. I don't understand why they did that since it could compromise the investigation.

Bless her heart...I hope they get the killer, and soon.

http://www.wral.com/redacted-search-...cide/13783344/

Hi, folks!!

Saw this today, not much info for us, but it shows that the case is still active. She was killed in 2012 -- I looked at the date, and if there were someone accused, a trial would prolly be scheduled for sometime in 2014 -- there is usually about a 2-year lag in arrest & prosecution -- but we seem to be far from that at this time. Let's hope that LE has something cooking.

Prayers for her family and those who loved her. Prayers for LE and the Prosecutors. We all seek justice for Faith.

Here's the article from WRAL News:

http://www.wral.com/redacted-search-...cide/13783344/

NC - Faith Hedgepeth, 19, UNC student murdered September 2012

FaithHedgepeth1.jpg

Faith's case is a lot newer than most of the others in this sub-forum, but it seems a thread was never created for her nor could I find a better place to start one.
    (if any mods feel this should be moved or merged, please do so, thank you)

Faith was a 19 year old college student at UNC Chapel Hill. She was last seen alive at or around 3 a.m. Friday, September 7, 2012.

Her roommate discovered her body in their apartment later that day. The case has been ruled a homicide.

Links:

Faith Hedgepeth, UNC student, found dead in her apartment
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/faith-he...her-apartment/

$25K (now at least $39,000) reward offered in UNC student’s killing
    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/09...udents-killing

Discovery of DNA prompts profile of UNC student's killer
    http://www.wral.com/fbi-profiles-kil...dent/11953700/

Police Continue to Seek Help in UNC Student, Faith Hedgepeth’s Death
    http://annyjacoby.com/2013/03/11/pol...gepeths-death/

A statement issued by the Chapel Hill Police Department said the investigation had found that Hedgepeth and her roommate had been at a local nightclub, The Thrill, in the early hours of Sept. 7. They also said that Hedgepeth was last known to be alive at about 3 a.m. at the apartment she shared with her roommate and that DNA evidence collected at the apartment was left by a male suspect.

Investigators have consulted other agencies, including the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit, leading them to believe that:

The homicide suspect was familiar with the victim and may have lived near the victim in the past.
    The suspect was unaccounted for during the early hours of Sept. 7, 2012.
    The suspect may have made comments regarding the victim to close associates in the past.
    There may have been some change in the suspect’s behavior after the murder (to include an unusual interest in the case) or a change in his performance at work or school.

Faith has also been one of Nancy Grace's "Featured Cold Cases":
    http://www.nancygrace.com/rights-coldcase.html (scroll down to bottom of page)

Anyone with information related to the murder of Faith Hedgepeth should contact the Chapel Hill Police Department.
    Nancy Grace has also listed a contact # on her website: 919-942-7515

The case had been relatively cold for awhile, but this week 911 calls and redacted search warrants were made public.

Faith Hedgepeth warrants, 911 call released
    http://abc11.com/news/faith-hedgepet...leased/152038/

DURHAM (WTVD) --
    New 911 calls and search warrants were released Wednesday in the murder of a UNC student.

They are shedding new light on what may have happened the day Faith Hedgepeth was murdered in September 2012.

After a night out with friends, it would be Hedgepeth's roommate who would make a gruesome discovery at her Chapel Hill apartment complex.

Caller: "She's unconscious. I just walked in. There's blood everywhere."

The shocking 911 call is one of a few new details emerging from recently unsealed court documents related to the case.
    Through her tears, Hedgepeth's roommate told the operator she believes unknown items were left in her bedroom where she found Hedgepeth's lifeless body.

She insists there was an intruder.

Caller: "I can't believe this. Someone had to have been in there."
    LE also executed search warrants related to this case, and later announced they had found an unidentified male's DNA left at the crime scene.

Redacted search warrants reveal police searched at least three vehicles: one belonging to Hedgepeth. The other was her roommate's former boyfriend, and another car belonging to a young man prosecutors say was friends with both women.

Nearly two years later, and with at least two agencies investigating, there've been no arrests--not even a person of interest. There's only an FBI profile and unidentified DNA left by the killer.

I never knew about this until now, but someone named Tom "Gaspo" Gasparoli (private investigator?) has a blog that follows this case. He has been in contact with POIs, LE, tribal members, etc. Some of the information contained in his blog does not appear in the news articles I've read, but he also makes a point to not release a lot of details he says he knows because of the open investigation.

In general, his reports provide a lot more information on the case that I never heard before, however there are at times unhelpful things.

http://www.gaspowrites.com/

Bump for Faith. Hoping August will be the month her case finally gets solved.

I wonder how many classes did she attend at UNC? It might be worthwhile to check out all male students that she might have shared a small class with such as a recitation. Way too many people in lectures, but in recitations and small foreign language or major related classes, students can get to know each other a lot more. Perhaps a guy in one of her classes became obsessed with her and stalked her after she refused his advances?

I'd like to hear more about all local neighbors she had at the time and the articles left in the room, are we talking ropes or what things....those details could help catch her killer if they were fetish related. We need to know all of her male neighbors, even those who just had girlfriends that lived there. Neighbors.

imsay fetish related because on the 911 call she says she isn't like that and she is upset at the things in the room, and that's my gut talking. I listen. Whatever was in that room may Hv something to do with...Snm or bondage. It could lead a girlfriend to come fwd if they know that was their partners fetish. I think it's crucial actually.
    Last edited by Cherry; 08-01-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Fetish
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    I'd like to hear more about all local neighbors she had at the time and the articles left in the room, are we talking ropes or what things....those details could help catch her killer if they were fetish related. We need to know all of her male neighbors, even those who just had girlfriends that lived there. Neighbors.

imsay fetish related because on the 911 call she says she isn't like that and she is upset at the things in the room, and that's my gut talking. I listen. Whatever was in that room may Hv something to do with...Snm or bondage. It could lead a girlfriend to come fwd if they know that was their partners fetish. I think it's crucial actually.
    Oh wow, good catch Cherry. I think you're right.

Caller: I don’t know what’s going on. Like…there’s stuff in my room that, like, was not here before. Looks like someone had came in here.
    Caller: It looks like someone had been in there because…she’s not like this at all. I don’t know why she’s bleeding.
    Maybe the caller was referring to sex objects / bdsm type stuff ... but also could it have been drugs / alcohol? I think that's another possibility.

New details released.

Two years after a University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill student was found dead in her off-campus apartment, police on Thursday released new details from their investigation in an attempt to generate more leads and a possible break in the case.

"Faith’s body was positioned on the floor, leaning against the bed, with her shirt pulled up. She had no clothes from the waist down," Chapel Hill Police Chief Chris Blue said.

A fast-food takeout bag was on the bed with "I'm not stupid (expletive) Jealous" scribbled on it, police said.

Investigators found semen on her, but police wouldn't say whether she had been sexually assaulted or had consensual sex before she was killed. Blue said the DNA from the semen matched a man's DNA that was found elsewhere in the apartment.
    More at link: http://www.wral.com/police-release-d...cide/13951460/

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast