1481 users online (213 members and 1268 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Here are some of the documents released yesterday. The autopsy is not included, although it was released. It seems there is a very obvious person of interest, IMO, but I cannot tell whether he refused a DNA test. I think there are two people involved in this murder, JMO.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/13954827/

Story: http://www.wral.com/newly-released-d...rder/13954237/

"There is over $40,000 in reward money available.

Anyone with information is asked to call investigators on their 24-hour hotline at (919) 614-6363. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers at (919) 942-7515 or log on to www.crimestoppers-chcunc.org."

Forty grand. Come on peeps, spill it. Talk to LE.

http://abc11.com/news/autopsy-shows-...murder/296058/

Quote Originally Posted by Webthrush View Post
    the note I referred to earlier is viewable here (enlarged):
    http://chapelboro.com/wp-content/upl...Note-image.jpg
    Again, I think several of the hand-scrawled letters are interestingly formed, and if released 2 years ago, some combination of them might've been recognizable by someone (even if writing on a paperbag has misshapen the person's usual handwriting). By now it may be too late (the person could be in Bolivia by now), and so many memories are faded (2-yr.-old memories, that CHPD are calling for, often aren't even reliable).
    As soon as I saw this note, my immediate reaction was that it had been written by a woman. IMO only.

Thanks to those who posted the new links. The note is very interesting, though disturbing. Jamie, I also get the impression it was penned by a woman.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    Here are some of the documents released yesterday. The autopsy is not included, although it was released. It seems there is a very obvious person of interest, IMO, but I cannot tell whether he refused a DNA test. I think there are two people involved in this murder, JMO.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/13954827/

Story: http://www.wral.com/newly-released-d...rder/13954237/
    Whew, Boodles -- That was a lot of homework! And a lot of good info! A big . Lots of folks can go on a list, but it's certainly better than no folks. Now to digest. I've been away yesterday & today, so I'm a bit behind.

What a tangle of people. Love triangle? If so, which three? Sounds like, as I had thought earlier, that Rosario's ex was a pocket of bad change. And I can imagine FH trying to tell her roommate that ***** was a bad guy & to carefully dump him. Very suspicious individual, IMO... ETA: by this I meant the male, not the roommate.

Thinking....
    Last edited by borndem; 09-07-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: eta

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeSommers View Post
    As soon as I saw this note, my immediate reaction was that it had been written by a woman. IMO only.
    My thoughts when I read it, too. I'm not absolutely convinced, but as I said before, the words "b***h" and *jealous" sound feminine to me. We'll see... and I wonder if we'll ever know...
    Last edited by borndem; 09-07-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: type-oh

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Has anyone seen an approximate time-of-death released (I don't recall it it, but could've missed it -- the gap from 3am in the morning to 11am is pretty wide, and surely they have it more pinpointed)? I ask because I'm still trying to comprehend how the assault could be so brutal and yet neighbors not seem to hear anything unusual (unless I've missed something there as well?). I would think either Faith was drugged, or knocked unconscious very early on, or she was killed much closer to the 11am time when perhaps neighbors would've long left for work/school -- but that would be broad daylight, wouldn't someone have seen something noteworthy??? (and LE has long implied that the death occurred during earlier hrs.)

Anyway, LOTS of info in the released files (and even a lot of the redacted parts can be pretty easily filled in now).

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ase-files.html

As Borndem says, quite "a tangle of people."

Seems like LE is really focused on about 2 people, but, short of a DNA match, hard to imagine what further evidence they hope to get at this late date… doubtful any further "hard" evidence will be uncovered, and anything in the way of memories or verbal reports is essentially hearsay at this point.

BTW, my earlier question of where the fast-food bag came from appears likely to be Wendy's, though I'm still not sure how that fits in the timeline.

And thanks to all who are posting links.

Wow. I wonder who is refusing to give DNA. Seems there are at least a few who oughtta be compelled to just based on circumstances alone. I have some pretty strong thoughts on who I think was involved, and I hope he is caught because he strikes me as a narcissist and a sociopath. IMO.

I am really stymied here -- seems to me, LE has had the material that Boodles found for us for quite some time... Unless they are waiting for a DNA swab to clinch this deal, and the person refuses to give it, what more will they get?? As soon as they find a DNA match to the semen, they will have enuff probable cause to issue an arrest warrant, and things should get down the road. If the semen is FH's bf, and there's no other, then they may remain stuck. And what good are fingerprints if the suspect has been in that apt before? So that would not be enuff. LE may certainly be watching a particular suspect, but that would only be useful if probable cause was determined, and then they would know where to find him/them.

They're just hoping, and it's reasonable but IMO a slim-chance deal, that someone will remember something... And surely someone did see or hear something. Let's hope LE is closer than we think.

And one thing I try to never forget -- years ago, I spoke with the Chief of Police of the Raleigh PD who had retired to the coast of NC (he lived across the street from my in-laws' vacation home), and I asked him how they were able to find & arrest so many suspects, and he said two words: "People talk."

Justice for Faith and her family.

ETA: And Webthrush, I have not seen a TOD, either, but I am not hopeful that it will be a narrow time. The more time that elapses between death and an examination, it seems the less accurate estimate for TOD will be. That's been my observation through many of these cases. I don't think it will be a big help -- but I could be wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Last edited by borndem; 09-07-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: eta

Yes, people talk! I think several people have info, but I suspect they are either also complicit somehow and therefore afraid to speak, or afraid to divulge because of fear of repercussions from the killer(s). I don't have any facts to substantiate, it's just a feeling.

What at I don't understand is why FH send KR were both texting with TJ around 3am (if I'm deciphering correctly). If there was a restraining order, why did they want him to come over to see KR? Am I confused about the people who were texting each other? I don't think so...

Webthrush, I haven't seen the time of death reported. It may be noted in the autopsy report. It's interesting that no media shared the autopsy report. They definitely have it, I saw a reporter flashing the pages in a news segment.

There was no forced entry. It had to be someone she either let in, or who had access via a key, or the door wasn't locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post

What I don't understand is why FH send KR were both texting with TJ around 3am (if I'm deciphering correctly). If there was a restraining order, why did they want him to come over to see KR? Am I confused about the people who were texting each other? I don't think so...
    confusion... it was actually BE (I won't state the name) they were texting not TJ.

One of the POIs has connections to major NBA player. They were arrested together as teenagers while that player was considered the #1 recruit in the country. A female was also arrested with them.

Also did they look at the guy who gave Faith's roommate a ride?

This is always the first case I look for updates on whenever I sign in to WS these days. Breaks my heart. From poking around the web it seems that some civilians closer to the case believe that the roommate might have more information than she has shared to this point. When I think of the message left on the fast food bag, it had to be placed there by the killer after the murder. It was placed on the roomate's bed. To me this looks like a message intended for the roommate. A threat perhaps.

I have a really stupid question,Can you tell from a fluid sample if the person is a non secretor?Do they just not have any DNA or Do some DNA profiles not match up because of not enough protein in the sample but still have partial DNA?
    I am thankful to all of you on Faith's Case,I new Borndem and Boodles would be here.

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast