776 users online (179 members and 597 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

The threads are moving so fast that I sometimes think the small details in the case will be lost amongst a sea of bigger details. So I thought I'd start a thread for just the small details that could be useful in proving intent or motive.

One I'm going to start with is one that was brought up by the DA during the preliminary hearing.

Tossing the lightbulbs into the car. Detective Stoddard stated that RH tossed the lightbulbs into the car but also seemed to say he stuck his head in the car a little bit. I am wondering if he anticipated doing the "big reveal" in front of his friends. But when he opened the door he could hear Cooper choking. So he starts into the car, turns his head al little and then pulls back and tosses the lightbulbs onto the passenger seat.

So why "toss" lightbulbs? They are fragile and could break? IMO he couldn't go further into the car because he knew he would be on camera.

Questions

A. Is it possible that Cooper didn't die before lunch? Is it possible he was seizing and gagging when he came back in for lunch?

B. How far into the car did he lean on the video. Detective Stoddard said the it was not a very clear visual but you could see him.

C. Did his friends immediately leave after dropping him off?

D. What about the footage that showed him looking at a person walking towards the car?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    The threads are moving so fast that I sometimes think the small details in the case will be lost amongst a sea of bigger details. So I thought I'd start a thread for just the small details that could be useful in proving intent or motive.

One I'm going to start with is one that was brought up by the DA during the preliminary hearing.

Tossing the lightbulbs into the car. Detective Stoddard stated that RH tossed the lightbulbs into the car but also seemed to say he stuck his head in the car a little bit. I am wondering if he anticipated doing the "big reveal" in front of his friends. But when he opened the door he could hear Cooper choking. So he starts into the car, turns his head al little and then pulls back and tosses the lightbulbs onto the passenger seat.

So why "toss" lightbulbs? They are fragile and could break? IMO he couldn't go further into the car because he knew he would be on camera.

Questions

A. Is it possible that Cooper didn't die before lunch? Is it possible he was seizing and gagging when he came back in for lunch?

B. How far into the car did he lean on the video. Detective Stoddard said the it was not a very clear visual but you could see him.

C. Did his friends immediately leave after dropping him off?

D. What about the footage that showed him looking at a person walking towards the car?
    Re: C -- yes, they did leave immediately. One of the two was questioned about that pretty specifically.

"Did you say too much?"

THAT is going to be the key to this case IMHO. I am still horrified by this statement....
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Do you have a conscience? Nope

I think Cooper was dead (or very close to death and unconscious) by the time Dad threw the light bulbs (for his wife's vanity mirror) in the car.

I think he spent the rest of the afternoon planning how he would act like a grieving father until the "discovery".

His plan was obviously not that great.

Small detail -- Prophetic "happy dream" about a dead happy baby in heaven, a happy guitar playing Ross, and a happy LH playing with babies at nurseries, a dream shared with FAMILY MEMBERS.

If you were to place light bulbs in a car, wouldn't you pop the trunk and place them in, or choose any other door than the driver's to place them in a floorboard, etc??? A small detail, the choice of the driver's door, but very strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    Do you have a conscience? Nope
    I love that they have this. Love love love that they have this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

He leaves work early and phones friends that he will be late for his 5 pm movie.

There is no description from the mother of her last moments with Cooper.

"Leanna Harris, the wife of Ross Harris and mother of Cooper, was also interviewed by Cobb Police. "She also made a similar statement that this was her worst fear. Investigators questioned her further about this. Leanna stated specifically that her fear was that her child would be left in a hot vehicle, not the fear of losing a child."

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/2014/...rris/12213701/

Somewhere in the hearing it was reported that JRH had applied for a job at Chick-FIL-a.... But didn't get the job...

I don't know if this has much bearing on the case... But it was interesting to me...

Especially since JRH took Cooper to CFA on that morning....

All... JMO

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    There is no description from the mother of her last moments with Cooper.

that's actually a "huge'' detail we always remember our last interaction when someone passes away

LH followed the small red casket out of the church while talking to Ross on her cell phone

LH not asking to see little Cooper, but wanting to see her husband? X

Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast