1423 users online (271 members and 1152 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    While his chats with investigators were cordial, one of the first officers to respond after Harris discovered his son, comatose, in the back of his SUV, testified the defendant was initially combative with police.

Detective Jacquelyn Piper said Harris refused when she instructed him to hang up his cell phone, then told a fellow officer who repeated the demand to “shut the (expletive) up!”

It’s unknown who Harris was talking with at the time, but, based on a request he made to Piper, it wasn’t his wife, Leanna.

Piper testified Harris asked her to call his wife because she was supposed to pick up their son from daycare.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...sponder/nnfhs/

bbm

Quote Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
    Any normal parent would have been wanting to hold their baby. I know that personally from experience. LE and coroner had to make us give the baby back to them because we didn't want to stop holding him. I find his behavior with the phone call very odd. I also believe he was surprised that he didn't get sympathy from the officers at the scene. Entitled people like him expect special treatment and can't quite control their responses when they don't get what they want.
    a great post and sorry also for your loss - I would be same, I just always try to insert me into the equation.

I forgot to quote from a couple of pages earlier - someone mentioned that if LH was shakey/panicking/crying then a daycare worker would have a duty of care to drive her (correct) but I believe LH actually drove the car, and TJ accompanied her? She drove? So her first thought was that her baby had been dying in a boiling hot car all day long, but she was ok to drive? Why would she need an independent witness with her at that point (rhetorical question )

I would NOT be on the phone. Maybe I avoid reality, but to call someone, and tell them my baby is dead would make it real, and I would be avoiding reality. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee110 View Post
    I would NOT be on the phone. Maybe I avoid reality, but to call someone, and tell them my baby is dead would make it real, and I would be avoiding reality. But that's just me.
    Very thought provoking post, thinking about it I also can not "go there" completely in my head as the pain would be unimaginable.
    Trust Your Instincts

Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    I do think his double life and pathological lying is part of why he decided to "accidently" forget Cooper.
    But, it's no excuse and no accident. He's a dangerous psychopath.
    Just from what I've seen of the trial so far, he seems to be someone who tests others and see how far he can get.

IMO if he is found guilty, I imagine he would probably see it as a victory that he passed the test of getting away with murder, and it won't be the last time we'll hear of him being accused of yet another horrendous crime.
    Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today. To get through this thing called "life"

RIP Prince, his Purple Majesty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All posts are MOO (my opinion only) based on AFAIK (as far as I know).

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22