1511 users online (244 members and 1267 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NY - Ruhshona Kurbonova, 2, Brooklyn, 5 July 2014

Police search for missing toddler in NYC park

Police are searching for a 2-year-old Ruhshona Kurbonova went missing at the Prospect Park boathouse Saturday afternoon. Cops say the girl and her 4-year-old brother were near the lake when they lost their mother. Police received a call at 2:03 p.m. about the missing girl. Two NYPD divers were searching the lake while officers taped off the scene. A search helicopter also hovered nearby. Authorities say the boy was reunited with his mom, but the girl is still missing.
    http://nypost.com/2014/07/05/police-...r-in-nyc-park/
    Last edited by los2188; 07-05-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

When they lost their mother? That's an odd way to say their mother lost track of them . . . I wonder if that means something.

Oh no Sounds like they believe she is in the water.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    Oh no Sounds like they believe she is in the water.
    That's what I was afraid of....
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

what does the little boy say???? were his clothes wet??? missing shoes or sandals?????
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

This is why it is SO important when having family functions to be vocal about who is on duty watching the kids. The more adults around, the more the concept of diffusion of responsibility comes into play. As dorky as it sounds, my family verbally assigns a person to watch and confirms with them when the current person on duty is going to get a drink or to the loo, especially around water. "I need to pee, you watch the kids" "Ok, got it, I'm on duty." So simple, and it can and does save lives. So many kids drown in the presence of adults who don't realize that drowning doesn't look or sound like drowning.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...le_in_the.html
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Oh no

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Quote Originally Posted by hot cawfee View Post
    what does the little boy say???? were his clothes wet??? missing shoes or sandals?????
    Sounds like he might have been wet: "A woman on a church group picnic spoke with a family who found the brother near some bushes and covered in algae."

http://nypost.com/2014/07/05/police-...r-in-nyc-park/

http://online.wsj.com/article/APe2e7...47926c1bb.html

They say Ruhshona Kurbonova disappeared while playing near a lake in Propsect Park around 1:30 p.m., Saturday...

They say Kurbonova is about 2-feet tall with a thin build and shoulder-length black hair. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and shorts and pink sandals.

NY - 2 year old girl, Prospect Park - Brooklyn, 5 July 2014

Why no pics of this missing girl???

EDIT: I spoke too soon Tha k you,OkieGranny

That's an unusual looking picture, to me. Also, is it old? That's very far from "shoulder length" hair.

This copy of her picture is much better - her color is great and she looks healthy. I don't know how they got that copy upthread to look so different -

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...265910551.html

Algae on the big brother? awwww -no. That does not sound good. My prayers go out to the family. What a beautiful baby.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...265912881.html

The lifeless body of a 2-year-old girl who had been reported missing in Brooklyn's Prospect Park on Saturday was found in a section of the park's lake.

Ruhshona Kurbonova was retrieved from the lake in early evening after she was reported missing at around 1:30 p.m.

RIP... How awful...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast