733 users online (91 members and 642 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 124 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1856
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,750

    LeAnna (Mom) #1

    I'm torn on how I feel about LeAnna (LH) being involved in this. The reason, is what she told day care "Oh he must have left him in the car" like this is something JRH always does, or did she know what his plans actually were? Why would that be the first thing that comes to mind when there could be other reasons? Thoughts anyone?


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    74
    As a hypervigilant mother of an infant, I might have freaked out and assumed my child had been forgotten in the car under similar circumstances - remember, JRH had texted her at 3:15ish asking "When you going to pick up my buddy?" HOWEVER. Leanna's behavior at the police station is so far out of the realm of normal that I can't believe she isn't involved. I would NEED to see my baby first. I would be utterly destroyed and unable to keep calm. And I can't think of any innocent reason a person in her position would say, "Did you say too much?" That's the clincher for me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    74
    Sorry to serial post. Is it confirmed JRH and LH talked on the phone for a minute just after 4? Wonder what was said.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,750
    Quote Originally Posted by JenB View Post
    Sorry to serial post. Is it confirmed JRH and LH talked on the phone for a minute just after 4? Wonder what was said.
    At first they were playing phone tag, then he was able to talk to her for about a minute, and yes, it was just a little after 4. I, too, wonder what was said.


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,412
    I don't even know where to begin....
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,182
    I posted in another thread maybe she didn't believe him when he called and told her coop was left in car so that's why she blurted out the comment at day care. It's a stretch though. I would expect panic and despair to be her response. I am very torn. I just don't understand how she could go along with this. P


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    400
    Some things I'm curious about in regards to LH:

    How many times did RH try to call her after he found out Cooper was dead? Just once?
    How many times did LH call RH once she discovered he was at the daycare? I would imagine she would call over and over and over.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,750
    Quote Originally Posted by nawd68 View Post
    Some things I'm curious about in regards to LH:

    How many times did RH try to call her after he found out Cooper was dead? Just once?
    How many times did LH call RH once she discovered he was at the daycare? I would imagine she would call over and over and over.
    If my child wasn't at daycare that day, I most certainly would be calling my husband over and over again until I got a hold of him. I would also be calling my friends and family as well in a major panic! I'm sure (or at least hope) there will be more coming out about the calls between LH and RH .


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,023
    So, does anyone know how her parents are dealing with this? Are they visibly supporting her? Him?
    Just my opinion anyway... cheers!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,182
    I wonder if there is some conversation missing from what we have been told about Leanna going to daycare for Cooper and stating Oh Ross must have left him in the car. Did she go in to Cooper's room and was told by the teacher/aides that he wasn't there, so she walked to the desk confused, and then workers started looking in their logs/computers to see when he was checked in (because obviously this is a mistake!), and all the while Leanna is just bewildered. Then finally it hits her - Cooper must be in the car? That scenario seems more likely than the other.

    I guess I have such a hard time thinking a mother could be party to this. Of course we have the Casey's of the world, BUT for a mother to go along with this - just doesn't make sense. Everyday we see moms who cover up for their husbands/boyfriends when discipline goes too far, they don't stand up for their kids, etc. And those cases are horrible and disgusting and I always feel mom should be punished even more than the man because her #1 job in the world was to protect her children.

    But to let your baby die this horrible death - premeditated? This just takes it to a whole 'nother level.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by JenB View Post
    As a hypervigilant mother of an infant, I might have freaked out and assumed my child had been forgotten in the car under similar circumstances - remember, JRH had texted her at 3:15ish asking "When you going to pick up my buddy?" HOWEVER. Leanna's behavior at the police station is so far out of the realm of normal that I can't believe she isn't involved. I would NEED to see my baby first. I would be utterly destroyed and unable to keep calm. And I can't think of any innocent reason a person in her position would say, "Did you say too much?" That's the clincher for me.
    I agree. I think most mothers would not believe it. They'd probably have to ask more than once if they (LE) were sure. Are you sure it was my Cooper? Are you sure he's dead? Are you sure??? After hearing how it happened, the only reason I'd want to see my husband would be to rip his hair out and anything else I could get ahold of.
    I just have it in my mind that these two planned this for a few months. I can just imagine their conversations about how nice their life would be w/ that extra cash from the insurance and donations that would be pouring in for these 'poor, grieving' parents.

  12. #12
    greenpalm's Avatar
    greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Jungle of Nool
    Posts
    1,028
    Is there a good link or a transcript of the Leanna's entire statement at the funeral? My hunky meter was pegging pretty hard when I read that the first time, but I'd like to read it again. Also, I think someone mentioned in a previous thread that she was carrying her cellphone, or using her cellphone as she walked behind the baby's casket?! Do we have video or other media links from the funeral? I found a slide show of photos, but it was just a lot of people arriving and the photos were all taken from a distance with a monster long lens.

    What exactly did Leanna say and do at Cooper's funeral?

  13. #13
    greenpalm's Avatar
    greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Jungle of Nool
    Posts
    1,028
    Until i find a complete transcript I'm using this link http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-up-right-now/ From the funeral:

    "First of all Ross, I love you and I’m doing this for you, OK? Two years ago when we welcomed a 6-pound, 8-ounce perfect baby into the world, this never crossed my mind.”

    Well… yeah… why would it. Why would it cross her mind? It's almost like she's talking about what they've done to the baby together. Like she's saying that when they first had him this ugly plan for the way Cooper would meet his demise didn't initially cross her mind. (As if it isn't bad enough! At least they weren't planning it before he was born!)

    And… she's doing this for Ross!?!?! Umm… that's weird too. It is ANOTHER example of how she's much more caught up in Ross than she is in Cooper, or the loss of Cooper. My gut reaction to this statement is similar to my reaction to knowing that she wanted to see Ross at the police station, but not Cooper. It doesn't feel right to me.

  14. #14
    greenpalm's Avatar
    greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Jungle of Nool
    Posts
    1,028
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/us/geo...ddler-funeral/

    This CNN article has more funeral quotes from Leanna. Another one that troubled me was:
    "He was perfect, and he is perfect," she said of Cooper. "He changed mine and Ross' life. I've talked to you about the magnitude in which he changed it. As children do, he turned our lives upside down. ... I wouldn't trade it for the world."
    It's interesting to me that she deliberately changed her wording from "He was perfect" to "He is perfect"
    I just keep thinking about how speaking of a newly deceased child in the past tense is an indication of acceptance of the finality of his death. I know in missing children cases when parents start talking about their children in the past tense it's very suspicious precisely because even when grieving people know logically that a person is no longer with us our hearts take a while to catch up and we often continue using present tense language for a long time.

    Also, as others have mentioned, she tells us how he turned their world upside down… (but then adds that she wouldn't trade it for the world). This too bothered me from the first time I read it through. I am really struggling with these words being the choices a mother would make to discuss at her child's funeral. It's still all about her. I just wouldn't be talking about the trouble he'd caused.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    11,820
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I posted in another thread maybe she didn't believe him when he called and told her coop was left in car so that's why she blurted out the comment at day care. It's a stretch though. I would expect panic and despair to be her response. I am very torn. I just don't understand how she could go along with this. P


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IIRC, she hadn't been told by Ross or anyone else that Cooper had died at the time she made the statement - which is why it seemed so odd.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I wonder if there is some conversation missing from what we have been told about Leanna going to daycare for Cooper and stating Oh Ross must have left him in the car. Did she go in to Cooper's room and was told by the teacher/aides that he wasn't there, so she walked to the desk confused, and then workers started looking in their logs/computers to see when he was checked in (because obviously this is a mistake!), and all the while Leanna is just bewildered. Then finally it hits her - Cooper must be in the car? That scenario seems more likely than the other.

    I guess I have such a hard time thinking a mother could be party to this. Of course we have the Casey's of the world, BUT for a mother to go along with this - just doesn't make sense. Everyday we see moms who cover up for their husbands/boyfriends when discipline goes too far, they don't stand up for their kids, etc. And those cases are horrible and disgusting and I always feel mom should be punished even more than the man because her #1 job in the world was to protect her children.

    But to let your baby die this horrible death - premeditated? This just takes it to a whole 'nother level.


    I felt the same way until I saw these.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.


    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Page 1 of 124 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. LeAnna (Mom) #2
    By fran in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 500
    Last Post: 11-17-2016, 09:59 PM
  2. Found Deceased PA - Leanna Walker, 17, Milford Township, 25 April 2016
    By Richrd in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 10:57 AM
  3. CANADA Canada - Monique Leanna Mattar, 30, Calgary AB, 20 April 2009
    By dotr in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 07:00 AM
  4. Do you think Leanna Harris will be arrested?
    By K_Z in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 01:11 AM

Tags for this Thread