GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
520583da-f927-41ae-8344-d0c114a81926_zpsaca60547.jpg

Per the Wayne County Sheriff's Office:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1073741828.1384553418450928&type=1&permPage=1

MEGAN P. NICHOLS, 15 years old, F/W, 5-6, 110 lbs. blonde hair, hazel eyes. Reported missing from Fairfield, IL, on July 3rd at 10:30pm. Unknown clothing description.

This girl is still missing. Please share her information so we can bring her home. It is believed she is in the Southern Illinois area. Thank you.

This case is local to me. I've seen her picture passed around Facebook, but didn't realize until I watched an update on the local news tonight that I went to high school with both of her parents. I had no idea whose daughter she was, or that those two people happened to have a child together. Color me a little stunned here.

This case is fairly big news around here, but the details are kind of scarce. The rumors are that she cleaned out her mother's bank account and took off, probably with a boyfriend.

Also, the title of this thread is incorrect. It should read "Fairfield," not "Fairview."

http://www.14news.com/story/2623790...still-searching-for-missing-fairfield-il-teen

The search for 16-year-old Megan Nichols isn't over but there's still no sign of her.

From Fairfield Police and the Wayne County Sheriff's Office, to the FBI and the Illinois Attorney General's office, lots of agencies have been looking for Megan...

That night all Megan left behind was a note telling her mother she loved her but would never be happy here. She also left her cell phone, which had been factory restored.

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Search-for-Missing-Fairfield-Teen-Megan-Nichols-272628361.html

Mother Kathy Jo Hutchcraft has been keeping her now 16-year-old daughter next to her heart on a necklace. "Megan and I were incredibly close," said Hutchcraft. "I mean we did everything together."

Hutchcraft had dropped Megan off at their house on July 3rd. She had been complained about an upset stomach. Mom returned late that night from running errands. "Sick feeling you know came over me and said shut the stove off and go check on your daughter," said Hutchcraft. "When I went upstairs, she was gone"...

The Fairfield Police department gets several tips each week. Their search with the State Police, U.S. Marshals, and the FBI stretched to Oklahoma. Megan's biological father, John David Jackson Nichols, was arrested for being a non-compliant sex offender. However, the arrest did not lead to Megan.

Well, I'm glad. I think she could still be alive, but I also think it's very possible something could have happened to her after she ran away.

I'm confused by the mother's statement. If she just sent her daughter home because she wasn't feeling well, why did she immediately have a sick feeling when she came back into the house? And why did she first think "shut off the stove?" I'm not implying the mom had something to do with her disappearance, but her statement doesn't make sense. I wonder if she was misquoted or they left something out of the article or something.

I took that to mean she had a sick feeling when she returned to find the kid gone.

And re the kid having an upset stomach, I wouldn't necessarily take that as anything meaningful, unless it was simply a fib to get away from mom.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/lo...ois/len-wells-keep-looking-for-megan_89855086

Surely Megan would show up by her 16th birthday, I thought. Earning a drivers’ license and the freedom it brings should be enough to bring anyone home. Her birthday came and went. Still, there were no confirmed sightings, and no one heard from Megan... I believed Megan would surely show up by Aug. 18, the start of school. As Megan’s friends and classmates filled the hallways of Fairfield Community High, she remained missing.

I talked to Chief Colclasure last week. He said that in the beginning, Megan’s case file was spread out over an entire desk. Documents generated from the search have since been placed in a large file box. The file continues to grow as every lead and every sighting is fully investigated.

It will soon be two months since anyone has seen or heard from Megan Nichols.

it always amazes me how a runaway of that age isn't considered "endangered" :/

http://www.14news.com/story/26644604/fundraiser-held-for-missing-illinois-teen

The family and friends of a missing Fairfield, Illinois teenager held a fundraiser outside of the local Walmart on Saturday. They're hoping to raise reward money to bring 16-year-old Megan Nichols home safely...

Hutchcraft says they were best friends but, in the months leading up for her disappearance, she says they were arguing more and more over Megan's relationship with a boy. She says she had her reasons for forbidding the relationship but she admits it wasn't easy...

Hutchcraft says, although she didn't know it then, she now knows that they continued to see each other behind her back.

Is this information about the Dad new?

Does it imply that LE thinks Dad COULD have abused Megan and that's why she took off? Or that Dad is considered a potential suspect in her disappearance?

Who is the boyfriend? Where is he?

The info about the dad is not new. In fact, he is the first person LE looked at when Megan disappeared. But they didn't find her there and, as far as I know, they don't think he had anything to do with her disappearance. I suspect that flyer was made by a local who wants to pin this on the dad. He seems pretty concerned about her, and I don't think he would hurt her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back