Identified! NJ - Weehawken, Female in Hudson River, 20-30, Jul'14 - Name withheld

marble

Reaction score
"The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office is seeking the public's help in identifying a woman whose body was found floating in the Hudson River Friday morning in West New York.

Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino said the woman is between 20 and 30 years old, 4 feet, 11 inches tall and 102 pounds.

She has brown hair with blonde highlights, Rubino said, adding that she was found wearing a New York Yankees T-shirt, pink shorts with a white stripe on the leg seams, and Skechers sneakers."

More:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/..._identifying_woman_found_in_hudson_river.html

Note: this is along the very popular running/bike path that stretches from West NY (which is in NJ despite the confusing name) through Weehawken, Hoboken, and Jersey City. An autopsy is pending. Many suicide jumpers from the George Washington Bridge turn up along this stretch of North Jersey waterfront (I am not sure how many so far within the last year, at least 4-5, probably more) but the cause of death hasn't been determined or released yet.

I ran right past this area (it's the turn-around point for one of my running routes) around 10:30 in the evening the night before she was found, and didn't see anyone matching her description. It's fairly quiet on that stretch at night, but there is an active ferry dock there, so there are ferry workers coming and going late into the evening. I wish her clothing description was a little more specific since it sounds as though she may have been wearing exercise clothes and could have possibly been out for a jog or walk, which suggests she may not have jumped from the bridge. There's a very nice track and playing fields in a park that sits on that stretch of waterfront not too far from where she was found. Hopefully the autopsy results will provide a better clue to her identity.

do joggers normally wear Sketchers to run in? I like that brand but I'm not a runner

the first thing I thought of when I saw this is the weird murders of young women happening in Long Island

To answer your question regarding shoes: that's actually why I wished the type of shorts were described (were they athletic shorts?) and model of Sketchers (were they the technical running shoes they now make?) in addition to the great visual details. Sketchers sneakers were historically never more than fashion shoes, but the company decided a few years back they wanted to start a line of running shoes that would be taken seriously by real athletes, and designed a decent technical shoe or two for running and then had the brilliant marketing insight to sign the great American distance runner Meb Keflighazi onto a shoe contract. So, long story short Meb is wildly popular in the running community, and he just won Boston this year wearing a pair of Sketchers. The result is a lot of people who consider themselves "real" runners have begun to purchase the brand now. Sorry, I'm sure that's more than you need to know!

The age and exact time of last seen/found in the Hudson River don't match Sandra Adrian, who went missing from LI, but a lot of other things do. The search for this woman was called off a few hours ago, so it's possible she'll be identified soon:

https://www.facebook.com/HelpUSFindSandra

(hat tip to The Foreigner for finding that page)

The age and exact time of last seen/found in the Hudson River don't match Sandra Adrian, who went missing from LI, but a lot of other things do. The search for this woman was called off a few hours ago, so it's possible she'll be identified soon:

https://www.facebook.com/HelpUSFindSandra

(hat tip to The Foreigner for finding that page)

The Facebook page is now gone.

Sandra Adrian is from Levittown, Long Island. Her family just started this FB page.
Apprently, she is deceased.

https://www.facebook.com/InLovingMemoryofSandraAdrian?ref=stream&fref=nf

UPDATE - Statement from the Adrian Family:

Family and Friends, it is with great sadness that we inform you that Sandra has passed away on July 4th in an accident in New Jersey. Beforehand we thank you for all the support that you've shown our family. In time, we will provide you with all the information regarding funeral service arrangements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back