966 users online (211 members and 755 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australia - Luca Janzow, 3, stabbed to death, dad charged, Adelaide, 8 July 2014

July 08, 2014 5:43PM

A THREE-YEAR-OLD boy is dead and his father has been charged with murder after a stabbing in suburban Adelaide this morning.

The boy suffered numerous stab wounds and, despite frantic efforts by ambulance crews and medical staff at Adelaide Women’s and Children’s Hospital, he died from his injuries

Emergency crews were responding to an accident on Gorge Road, at the intersection of Hockley Terrace at Athelstone, about 9am when another car with the injured boy flagged down police, The Advertiser reported.

South Australian Police confirmed they were approached by a man and shortly after found the seriously injured boy.

The father, a 36-year-old Stepney man, was taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital with a neck wound that was possibly self-inflicted

http://www.news.com.au/national/thre...-1226981498930

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Good lord

Stop killing children ffs
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Adelaide Advertiser reported the boy was stabbed multiple times by his father, 36, at their home in Stepney - about eight kilometres away - before he was put in a car and driven away.

'It's a tragic set of circumstances and our sympathies go out to the family,' a SA police spokesman said earlier on Tuesday.

'It was also a difficult incident for the police and the ambulance officers.'

At this stage of the investigation, there is no indication of any history of domestic violence. However, we will continue to examine that as the investigation progresses,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz36vAj9nk4
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The man had left the family home in the affluent inner-*eastern suburb of Stepney at about 8am with one of his two young sons under unusual circumstances.

His wife had called police to report that her husband and son were missing.

“She was concerned enough to go to the police and say, ‘I have concerns about the welfare of my husband and my son’,” Superintendent Adcock said.

“We know this crime has not just impacted family, friends of the boy and police who attended the scene — it has also shocked the community.”

The family lived together and ran a landscaping business. Police last night asked the media not to name the family

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226982219152

Seems they've changed their mind about not naming them (not sure how it works but I doubt the media would go against the police, unless it leaked through some other means and they all have to leap on it to stay current).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226981629156

These sorts of things really stick with me, especially when there's no evidence of previous domestic problems (not unheard of though obviously, as most of us here would be aware).

724097-5f7ae93e-0671-11e4-8f5c-fd2015ae61d5.jpg

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226981629156

Adelaide landscaper David Janzow charged with murdering three-year-old son after taking him from family home at Stepney

DETECTIVES today will interview an Adelaide father who allegedly fatally stabbed his son in a 4WD dual cab ute before alerting police.

A bedside court hearing is expected to be held at the Royal Adelaide Hospital from 2pm.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

So sick of this. RIP sweet little boy.

There are some lovely photo's on Mum's FB.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

David Janzow, 36, was charged with murder late on Tuesday, before being taken into surgery at the Royal Adelaide Hospital for a neck wound which police say was self-inflicted.

He was remanded in custody in a bedside court hearing this afternoon, awaiting a psychiatric assessment.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/24417...son-3/?cmp=yfb

We're fairly confident the actual vehicle was the actual crime scene" he said.

He said it was too early to say whether mental health issues were involved in the tragedy.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/24417...son-3/?cmp=yfb

The Adelaide father charged with allegedly stabbing his three-year-old son to death has been captured on video being handcuffed by police as paramedics tried to revive the boy nearby.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz36xloj7Xg

I wonder why the mother thought the son was in danger. Not known to police, no issues with family violence. What went wrong?

I just wanted to say how scary I find this. I know looks can be deceiving and all that, but what would cause such an apparently "normal" father and husband do this? What did he say or do to make mum call the police?
    I guess there won't be anymore updates until September. Rest in peace baby boy

So, so sad for Luca's mum, brother and family. Poor Luca, another child who suffered an horrific death at the hands of a parent who is suppose to love and protect them.

I hope DJ receives a very long sentence is all I can say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast