New to WebSleuths

TtheBibliotaph83

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have for a long time been interested in cold cases and sleuthing. I found out about this group recently and wanted to get involved. What is the best way to begin? Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you all so much, I look forward to joining your community!

Hi there, Biblio! (which I shall call you, for short). Welcome to WS!

I guess a good place to start with cold cases are with the ones you personally have an interest in. Are there any in your local area, maybe some that are not already posted here? You can do a search of the victim's name and see if they're here.

Maybe too you could begin with a famous case, like the Black Dahlia (Elizabeth Short).

Personally, I am drawn to the cases which are 'forgotten' (or just not reported on much) and the ones that are a bit of a puzzle.

My advice is: become familiar with google archive searches, which have recently become a lot harder to use (thanks, Google - NOT) but are still okay for digging up old articles. Genealogy sites offer insight into where people came from and where they went, etc. And sometimes it's helpful to simply offer your own perceptions on these old cases, some of them happened a long, long time before we were all made so aware of how killers think, etc. As well as modern ways of looking at evidence.

At the least, you'll be helping keep the case "alive" rather than the victim/s being forgotten, and that's a great thing to do IMO.

Looking forward to your posts. :)

TtheBibliotaph83, welcome! I agree start with the cold cases. That is, if you want to scramble your brain! Personally, my favorite forum here is the UID forum. Welcome aboard!!

Well that explains a LOT!

Typical cold case thread crew: :crazy::confused::doh::eek:hwow::pullhair::eek:verreaction:

:floorlaugh:

It beats over easy! :floorlaugh: You're gonna be a sweet member here. Nice to meet you. A sense of humor is always a plus! :)

Thank you so much for the suggestions! When I was in college (studying psychology) I spent a large portion of my time involved in forensic study which led me to A LOT of research regarding serial killers, sociopathy, etc. I Have done extensive research on cases such as Zodiac, Black Dahlia, BTK, etc. I would like to think that all the times I laid in bed at night pondering the way that killers think and process information could be put to good use! I can't even count the number of books I have read involving unsolved murders, serial killings, mass murders, and the like. The true crime genre continues to be my favorite! Anyway, I look forward to being involved in the community!

ps. Friends usually call me "T", but you can use my alias or Biblio if you like! I will usually sign posts as "T"

Thanks again,
~T

:wagon: T !

I know those members who devote their time and efforts to the cold cases will be thrilled to have another on the team!

Well, you're off to a great start, T -- and another pair of eyes on our cold cases is always very welcome!

These cold cases are certainly interesting, and can really reel you in

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back