Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MD - Clinton - Black Female 198UFMD, 15-30, March 2000

Hybrid View

MD - Clinton - Black Female 198UFMD, 15-30, March 2000

Unidentified Girl located March 25, 2000 in Clinton, MD

Unidentified Black Female
    Located on March 25, 2000 in Clinton, Prince George's County, Maryland.
    Cause of death: Blunt Force Trauma
    Estimated date of death: February 25, 2000
    State of Remains: Advanced Decomposition

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 15 - 30 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 128 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. She wore 12" hair extensions.
    Dentals: No dental work
    Clothing: "C.S." initials hand written on tag of clothing. T-Shirt with logo "1995 Special Olympics World Games, New Haven, CT, USA", a blue jeans jacket. Wearing plastic Tweety Bird wristwatch.

Case History
    The victim was located on 11901 Brandywine Road, in a creek near Piscataway Creek Stream Valley Park, in Clinton, Maryland. She was unclothed from the waist down, and was possibly sexually assaulted.
    The Doe Network: Case File 198UFMD

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Prince George's County Sheriff's Office 301-772-4925
    Case Number: 00-085-804

Source Information: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

link:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/198ufmd.html
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 06-05-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: updated doe network link

1995 Special Olympics

The 1995 Special Olympics, held in New Haven, CT had a large attendence of participants and spectators. There was still a website about them as recently as last year. The t-shirt that this girl was wearing might provide a significant clue, as well as the initials "C.S." found on an article of clothing.

The possibility that this girl may have been handicaped, either physically or mentally is aparent.

If a roster of participants or a list of special schools attending those '95 Games is still in existence, perhaps some new leads could be generated in this case.

Any thoughts on this girl?

Does anyone have any theories or ideas concerning this unidentified girl? She is one of Maryland's unknowns. I wonder if the below Maryland John Doe case might be related in some way. Both victims suffered blows to the head, both were submerged in water, and both died about the same time in early 2000. The victims were located about 25 miles apart.

-----------------------
    Unidentified White Male
    Located on April 13, 2000 in the area of Beaver Dam Creek on the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Maryland.
    Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 30 - 55 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 6'3"; over 200 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim is possibly mixed with Black. This was determined recently by another anthropologists' work.
    Clothing: He was wearing a green, hooded zip-up sweatshirt, a brown, L.L. Bean winter coat, size XXL, Lee denim jeans 36X36 and brown Original Rugged Outback hiking shoes. A set of keys on a large safety pin and four $1.00 bills were also found in the clothing. One car key was determined to be the key to some type of Volkswagon Vehicle.

Photos of Victim's Possessions and Artist's rendition of face shown in below link.

Case History
    At 5:30 PM on Thursday April 13, 2000, members of the United States Park Police responded to the area of Beaver Dam Creek on the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center for the report of a dead body. Upon arrival they discovered the decomposed body of an unidentified male in the water.
    An initial determination by the State of Maryland Medical Examiner revealed that the body is believed to have been in the water for up to two months. Evidence of severe blunt force trauma to the head was discovered. Due to advanced decomposition, positive identification of the body was not possible.
    Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this man's identity, please contact:
    United States Park Police
    Criminal Investigations Branch
    Detective Michael Horman
    202-610-8759
    or
    United States Park Police Crime Tip Line
    202-610-8737

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.
    OCA Number: 200010092
    NCIC Number: U-080001476
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source:
    The Doe Network: Case File 74UMMD

Link:
    http://doenetwork.us/cases/74ummd.html

My first thoughts on reading the girl's profile were that she may have lived in either a group home or some time of care home and just "slipped through the cracks".

I can't connect up the two murders in my mind...The man found may have fallen into the water from a height (fishing from a dam or outcropping?) struck an obstruction, and drowned. Its possible an abandoned vehicle may have been recovered in the area but never connected to this John Doe. Sounds as though he were dressed for an outdoor activity. Maybe he was ice fishing, fell through the ice (striking his head severely on the way down, or hitting something just after) and his equipment went with him?

good thought

Well unless he carried 2 sets of car keys he didn't arrive in the VW vehicle.
    Why kill someone and steal the car but not take his keys? I suppose he could have been driving another vehicle & using a set of keys just for it and back home he had a second car- the VW and those keys were on the second key ring which was found in his clothes. But I am more inclined to think he simply was brought to the site by his killer/s. Since no wallet was reported as found on him I wonder if he had a wallet or not. I would expect him to have one if he had car keys as driving is supposed to require a drivers license (even though some people drive without one.)

As to the 2 cases being linked I think it bears looking into. They both died sometime in Feb/2000. It is possible he was taking care of the young lady more as a chaperone or guardian (the upper age for him was 55) than as a date and they were held up & the man was robbed and the girl raped and they were possibly taken to separate places and dumped.

Either way there do seem to be similarities in the way the deed was done was you pointed out.

We have really needed a national missing person DNA database for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Does anyone have any theories or ideas concerning this unidentified girl? She is one of Maryland's unknowns. I wonder if the below Maryland John Doe case might be related in some way. Both victims suffered blows to the head, both were submerged in water, and both died about the same time in early 2000. The victims were located about 25 miles apart. . .

money

It is possible if she was menatally handicapped the family of the girl saw her pic in the paper but elected to keep quiet to continue drawing benefit checks.

Jurisdiction issue...

Both bodies were found in Prince George's County, Maryland. But in the case of the man, he was found on Federal land and therefore his case comes under the jurisdiction of the US Park Police. The girl's case belongs to the Prince Georges County Police department.

There certainly are some differences in the cases. The man seems to be dressed for the outdoors, while the girl is wearing clothing more suited to indoors in the month of February. The strongest link, however, seems to be the proximity in time and location, as well as the method of death and body disposal. I wonder if any DNA testing was done on the two. Perhaps they are related in some way, maybe brother and sister, or father and daughter. If they were living together and only had eachother, it might explain why nobody has reported either of them missing.

The main argument in my mind against the two cases being linked is that the man was a pretty big guy, and probably pretty imposing. While the murderer of this handicapped girl would have been a real low life coward. I find it hard to visualize him taking on someone the size of the Beltsville John Doe.

Special Olympics...

The 1995 Special Olympics, held in New Haven, CT had a large attendence of participants and spectators. There was still a website about them as recently as last year. The t-shirt that this girl was wearing might provide a significant clue, as well as the initials "C.S." found on an article of clothing.

The possibility that this girl may have been handicaped, either physically or mentally is aparent.

If a roster of participants or a list of special schools attending those '95 Games is still in existence, perhaps some new leads could be generated in this case.
    I once found a website for the 1995 Special Olympics, but did not find any kind of participant list. I wonder where one might look for such a list? Any ideas?

If such a list were located, names with the initials C.S. could be checked out and maybe some information about this girl could be obtained.

The sponsoring committee for the competition (New Haven) would have records, as all participants get recognition.

I have worked with the Special Olympics in years past, and the organizers truly are wonderful people who, once told why you are seeking the information, will go out of their way to assist I'm sure.

Keys again!

I noticed on the Safety Pin key ring that there were also 2 keys that appeared to be keys for a soda machine or laundry mat machine, etc... (just two examples). This immediately made me think two things...

1. He was mentally handicapped and someone gave him the keys to carry around for enjoyment (some handicapped people are just naturally fascinated by keys).
    2. He was a drifter and looted machines to get money.

After reading the info about the barbed wire I am leaning toward the two cases not being connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya
    Keys again!

I noticed on the Safety Pin key ring that there were also 2 keys that appeared to be keys for a soda machine or laundry mat machine, etc... (just two examples).
    Good catch! I didn't even notice that when I looked the first time. There appear to be two barrel keys, most likely for smaller vending machines or bill changers. Larger soda machine keys tend to have a slightly different shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya
    Keys again!

I noticed on the Safety Pin key ring that there were also 2 keys that appeared to be keys for a soda machine or laundry mat machine, etc... (just two examples). This immediately made me think two things...

1. He was mentally handicapped and someone gave him the keys to carry around for enjoyment (some handicapped people are just naturally fascinated by keys).
    2. He was a drifter and looted machines to get money.

After reading the info about the barbed wire I am leaning toward the two cases not being connected.
    I am not sure which keys you refer to, but the barrel type key on lower right is similar to one that I have for a bicycle lock similar to "the club" for cars.

There is a long key with a very thin blade. This looks like possibly a key used to pick locks, but I am not certain. I wish that the pictures of keys were a little more clear.

Here is another link to that case:

http://doenetwork.us/cases/74ummd.html

Special Olympics committee...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel
    The sponsoring committee for the competition (New Haven) would have records, as all participants get recognition.

I have worked with the Special Olympics in years past, and the organizers truly are wonderful people who, once told why you are seeking the information, will go out of their way to assist I'm sure.
    In the past, I tried to contact the Special Olympics committee and also the University in Connecticut where the 1995 games were held, but got no responses. I just sent an e-mail to the events coordinator for the 2006 games in New York, and asked for some assistance. Let's hope if he can't help, he will know who can.

I may still have a contact, I'll see what I can do.

Most vending machines, and novelty machines, use barrel keys very similar to the one on the ring. I have several of these of varying sizes for the various machines used in our family business.

Six years have passed...

In the past, I tried to contact the Special Olympics committee and also the University in Connecticut where the 1995 games were held, but got no responses. I just sent an e-mail to the events coordinator for the 2006 games in New York, and asked for some assistance. Let's hope if he can't help, he will know who can.
    Never heard back from him or anyone else regarding this. Someone, somewhere must know who this girl is. Any ideas?

This October, 1994 article from the Baltimore Sun lists the 52 participants from MD who were slated to compete in the '95 World Games in New Haven:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...-field-sailing

No one with the initials "CS" that I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    This October, 1994 article from the Baltimore Sun lists the 52 participants from MD who were slated to compete in the '95 World Games in New Haven:

No one with the initials "CS" that I could see.
    It could be possible that the unidentified girl came from another state close to Maryland.

Just an out of the box thought here. Could the initials "CS" be the initials of a special school or group home that the victim went to?

Bumping case up.

https://identifyus.org/cases/2657
    No exclusions listed.

Says a DNA sample is available but hasn't been submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    No exclusions listed.

Says a DNA sample is available but hasn't been submitted.
    Now, this doe says "Sample submitted - Tests complete."

The other (older) 3/25/2000 Jane Doe found in Oxon Hill says "Sample available - Not yet submitted."

If they ever get the test done on Oxon Doe, hopefully we will know if they are related/connected. Of course, they could be "connected" without them being related (i.e. guardian/chaperone and ward being killed by the same person).

It does seem like an odd coincidence that two (as yet unidentified) dead black females were found so close to each other on the same day. Plus, both were partially clothed (one had the top, one had the bottom).

That is IF, and only IF, this girl were indeed mentally challenged (whatever the proper term is now) regarding the chaperone or guardian. Just because she had on a Special Olympics shirt, it does not mean that she was indeed "Special" herself. There was nothing noted in her physical/medical findings that point toward that.

I personally own several "cause" shirts that I am not personally connected to. They came from family members that went to fundraisers. My dad runs in races to run. My mom is a doctor and many of her patients have disabilities. Some of them I'd bought at Goodwill or the like because they looked cool. Some were ones that friends left at my place.
    If there is clothing in my house that fits and isn't ugly, I'll wear it.

Unidentified Black Female
    • Located on March 25, 2000 in Clinton, Prince George's County, Maryland.
    • Cause of death: Blunt Force Trauma
    • Estimated date of death: February 2000

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 15-30 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 128 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. She wore black, 12" hair extensions. Purple fingernail polish.
    • Dentals: No dental work. Mandible was not recovered.
    • Clothing: A white or beige undershirt with spaghetti straps and the initials "CS" handwritten on the tag; a white "TeenForm" sports bra, size 34; a plain black, long-sleeve, "Hanes" pullover, with "Beefy=T" on the tag and collar size 38-40. A white or beige T-shirt with the logo "1995 Special Olympics World Games, New Haven, CT, USA" on the front. A medium blue, waist length jean jacket, with "GAP" tag on the collar. A plastic wristwatch with "Tweety Bird" on the face and a multicolored (red/blue/green/yellow) plastic band.

Case History
    The victim was located at 11901 Brandywine Road, in a creek near Piscataway Creek Stream Valley Park, in Clinton, Maryland. She was unclothed from the waist down, and was possibly sexually assaulted.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Prince George's County Sheriff's Office
    301-772-4925

Case Number: 00-085-804; 00-1694-033
    NCMEC #:USMD000850804

Source Information:
    National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
    Washington Post 3/28/2000
    Washington Post 7/6/2001
    NamUs

The Doe Network: Case File 198UFMD

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

the namus profile now says DNA is in CODIS but they don't specify which type. no rule outs are listed.

they now list her age range as being 13-30.

As I was looking at this case, I noticed that another woman was found on the same day in a body of water in a wooded area near Andrews Air Force Base. That is the same description of the place the Cinton Jane Doe. The locations are about 10 miles apart. I am wondering if they are connected.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5882

Possible Connections?

Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    As I was looking at this case, I noticed that another woman was found on the same day in a body of water in a wooded area near Andrews Air Force Base. That is the same description of the place the Cinton Jane Doe. The locations are about 10 miles apart. I am wondering if they are connected.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5882

This is a very strange coincidence if there were actually two decomposed bodies discovered on the same day in close proximity.

My first impression was that both cases were the same, as some bits of information is identical. Both were black women, both found in water, mandible missing, although most other body parts intact.

But there are some distinct differences as well. Recovered clothing not the same. One had only upper body clothing, while the other had only lower body clothing.

Oxon Hill, Andrews AFB, and Clinton are all distinctly different and separate places, but all are pretty close.

I have always felt that the Clinton Jane Doe was young - like a teenager or early 20's, and I wondered why her mother was not looking for her or reporting her missing. Now I wonder if the second body might have been related to her - her mother, aunt, or grandmother?

There is some indication that the Clinton girl might have been in Special Olympics. It is possible then that she had an adult caregiver who would have been responsible for her. Is it possible that her caregiver was also murdered?

I could not find this other unidentified woman listed in Doenetwork.

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/198ufmd.html
    Last edited by Richard; 09-19-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: added link.

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    A couple of comments:

An adult woman would not likely wear a TeenForm brand bra. That alone makes me guess she's only about 15-16, possibly younger.

The man's keys -- another thing those barrel key locks are used for is locking computer cabinets, especially the older tower-style minicomputer cabinets or larger PC cabinets.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast