673 users online (87 members and 586 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Whites seek the release of the Ramsey indictment in its entirety

Their objective is to force public disclosure, without redactions, of ALL 18 pages that Garnett submitted to the court in Brennan v Garnett last fall. Only 4 of the 18 pages were ordered released by the court, with the remainder, redacted. They are also trying to force the DA to disclose any additional records of official action in the form of indictments by the 1998-99 Boulder grand jury. On its own, the complaint may bea bit hard to follow, therefore, the pleadings and orders in Brennan v. Garnett are included with the file. Also attached is the Colorado Supreme Court's 2008 ruling in People v. Thompson.
    People v. Thompson is the law in Colorado on mandatory public disclosure of indictments in their entirety. A portion of that ruling says, “Neither does Crim. P. 7 containany requirement that only the “essential facts” be made public; to thecontrary, the entire indictment is presented in open court.”
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Complaint and Application for Order to Show Cause July 3 2014.pdf   People v Thompson Opinion 4-7-2008.pdf   Garnett's 7-24 answer and response to complaint.pdf   White's 7-31 reply to Garnett's answer and response.pdf  
    Last edited by cynic; 08-01-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Updated attachments
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

Thank you!!!

They remain champions!

Eta: whoa! Makes for interesting reading!!!

The remaining 14 pages do not consist of charges brought forth by the GJ.

Why aren't the Whites represented by legal counsel?

Exclamation

Outstanding!! Thank you for bringing the White's Complaint + Request to the board and for posting People v. Thompson along with it so that we can appreciate just what resistance they're running into. What the heck is Garnett sitting on, and who stands to gain from keeping his backside glued to the chair? If I understand People v. Thompson, the law will ultimately compel the release of the indictments in their entirety, glue be damned. We have a right to see all 18 pages, and JonBenet deserves for us to see them. My gratitude to Fleet and Priscilla White is immense. Is there any way we can express our support or assist them, do you know?

Is this the same GJ report the Ramsey's were criticizing because the whole report wasn't released. They were claiming that the stuff released was cherry picked. If so, it sounds like a be careful what you wish for situation.

:emu:

"Mere sophistry" my asp!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    Is this the same GJ report the Ramsey's were criticizing because the whole report wasn't released. They were claiming that the stuff released was cherry picked. If so, it sounds like a be careful what you wish for situation.

Well then, couldn't John just add his voice to this, even unofficially, just a statement of support? It would seem with that along with this action by the White's the DA's hand would certainly be forced.

It sounds to me also, that they are sooner or later going to have to release the whole thing.
    Why are they still covering things?
    Yes, why doesn't JR help out here. They wanted it all released.
    Thank you Fleet White and family for sticking with this and not giving in to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by renah View Post
    "Mere sophistry" my asp!
    Nicely done response, Renah! People actually have to read the document to know where your reference came from.

IIRC, JR and his criminal defense team (Letter from the big gun himself HH of the H law firm) suggested "release all of the testimony, all exhibits, all colloquy discussions between prosecutors and the GJ members." No one expected that to happen. (CO GJ secrecy statutes.) However, perhaps based on the letter to the DA from HH the judge felt it prudent to only release the 4 counts (2 each for PR and JR) to the public, IDK. http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...442#post195442 (post 98)

For background, there were 9 counts presented to the GJ by the prosecuting attorney for each of the adult Rs. (18 total) The GJ had enough votes (requires at least 9 GJ members out of 12) to create a TB on 2 of the counts for each of the Rs. This was handed off to DA AH. Of course, people know the rest of the story from there. If I understand the filing correctly, it’s these other counts that the Ws are asking to review, with consideration that they are also part of an official public record, having been introduced to the GJ by a publicly appointed prosecuting attorney and considered by the GJ, even though not agreed upon. (Had it gone to trial, could some of those other counts been introduced to a jury? Perhaps that is at the discretion of a DA?)

No one knows what other possible counts MK, prosecuting attorney, gave to the GJ to consider. These other counts have been speculated upon by some media including Peter Boyles and Craig Silverman as well as some WS posters. . .

Anyone who doesn’t feel the agony the W family has gone through, has not listened closely to the words spoken by the children of FW and PW to City Council. Daughter D professes that JB was her best friend at the time of this crime. Also particularly poignant was their son’s explanation about starting out his life and knowing that a potential employer who googled his name would pull up disgusting websites.

Since our opinions here vary, guessing some may dismiss the Ws as foolish in this endeavor, but no one can belittle their resolution to follow through.

MHO

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.”
    - Atticus Finch to his daughter, from To Kill a Mockingbird
    Last edited by questfortrue; 07-10-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Disclaimer

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post

I may be mistaken, but this is my interpretation:

There's a difference between what Mr. & Mrs. White have requested & what Mr. Ramsey requested. Ramsey sought full disclosure of the GJ proceedings with regard to this case, whereas the Whites are seeking the release of GJ records of "official action", i.e. indictments/true bills, reports, etc.

The court ruled in favor of Brennan and the press, thus, the true bills were released. The remaining 14 (of 18) pages do not consist of charges for which the GJ indicted the Ramseys. ...according to the DA, judge Lowenbach, and the county attorney. Mr. & Mrs. White seem to believe otherwise, indicating other "official actions" of the GJ have been withheld &/or redacted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I wouldn't be surprised. My discombobulated mind is still trying to sort this all out...
    Last edited by Mama2JML; 07-10-2014 at 02:42 PM.

What if they don't have those records because they were destroyed? Could it be possible? The way some of the people conducted themselves, anything is probable. This brings to mind DR. Boeuf, who refused to
    give access to certain medical records. I wouldn't put anything past these crooks.....what are they hiding that Fleet and Priscilla can't have access?
    I still have hopes that the Whites write a book, or have they been threatened with harmful circumstances if they do write one?
    What could be in the missing pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Mama2JML View Post
    The remaining 14 pages do not consist of charges brought forth by the GJ.
    Do you happen to have a source for this?

Also, IMHO, even if they aren't more charges, each page is relevant and should be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Do you happen to have a source for this?
    The first attachment in the OP includes the exhibits on which I relied. (I specifically attributed my statement as such, ""...according to the DA, judge Lowenbach, and the county attorney.".)

Also, IMHO, even if they aren't more charges, each page is relevant and should be released.
    I don't understand what you're saying, please elaborate?...

It's a 14 page GJ document. We only saw 4. What are on the other 10 pages? They're relevant, IMO.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast