NM - Screaming 5 yr old girl left in hot truck freed by Passerby

tiredblondy

Reaction score
:gaah: What is wrong with people!!! 5 years old! So glad she was saved by the person walking by!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ocked-parents-pick-truck-shop-Home-Depot.html

Two parents have been arrested after their five-year-old daughter was pulled from their locked pick-up truck 'sweaty and screaming' as they shopped.
The distraught girl told Albuquerque, New Mexico police that she was locked in the car in the parking lot of a Home Depot on Tuesday as punishment for not eating her food earlier that day.
But her parents, Angelica Lerma-Montoya and Dulces Monge-Perez, insisted they were not aware she had joined them on the shopping trip and were inside the store for more than an hour.

As temperatures soared passed 90 degrees, the little girl tried to escape through the truck's rear-sliding window and her screams alerted passersby who pulled her free and called the police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pick-truck-shop-Home-Depot.html#ixzz375aSEbBP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ok I understand how you can not know a little one is behind you outside but was she hiding in the truck, fell asleep in the truck??? These parents look a lot more upset than little Cooper Harris's parents. This is what distraught parents look like in my way of thinking!

From previous link in post above...

One of their daughters, 19-year-old Anna Monge, told KOAT that her parents didn't know the girl was in the truck, explaining that the girl often follows them around without noticing.
The parents also told police that they did not know their daughter had come on the shopping trip.

Monge added that her parents have always taken good care of their six children, who range in age from three months to 19 years.
Four of the children, including the 5-year-old, are in the custody of the Children, Youth and Families Department.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pick-truck-shop-Home-Depot.html#ixzz375b0ATwC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's a weird story! How does a child that age not know how to get out of a car? If she had the window open, why couldn't she just crawl through it?

I wonder if, in general, the home was in acceptable condition and the other kids also expressed surprise about this.

That's a weird story! How does a child that age not know how to get out of a car? If she had the window open, why couldn't she just crawl through it?

I wonder if, in general, the home was in acceptable condition and the other kids also expressed surprise about this.

It was on of those little corner windows if I understood it right.

You know how pickups have that sliding window in the back windshield? It sounds to me it was that window.

It'll be interesting to see if there are updates as the investigation continues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back