AL AL - Wendy Gorham, 44, Fort Payne, 18 April 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Screenshot2014-07-11at61240PM_zpsd57335af.png

http://whnt.com/2014/07/11/police-continue-to-search-for-dekalb-county-woman-missing-since-april/

DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Fort Payne Police continue to look for a woman who has been missing since April of this year.

Wendy Jane Gorham, 44, was last seen April 18 in the Fischer community near Fort Payne. That’s on Lookout Mountain.

Police say her black Honda is also missing. It’s a 1998 LS-Sedan with Alabama license plate number B32245.

http://www.waaytv.com/appnews/fort-...y-WaayNewsAndHome+(WAAY+-+WAAY+News+and+Home)

"She has a large family and a large group of friends and no one has seen her. On top of that her car is missing and we haven't located her car and its been three months now so its a pressing issue as each day goes along" Traylor said...

Authorities used a State Police helicopter Monday to search by air over Desoto State Park and Little River Canyon. Police do not suspect foul play but are not ruling anything out.

https://dps.alabama.gov/Community/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=ff502c31-75e2-4a71-8f3f-a3ecee4027e4

Wendy is described as a white female, 5'2" and 155 pounds, with green eyes and blonde hair. She has a pink Playboy bunny tattooed on her back, a scar on her forehead and scars on both inner thighs. Last seen wearing a light-colored t-shirt and jeans.

Wendy's FB: https://www.facebook.com/wendy.gorhamanderson.39

Reading Wendy's FB, in her last post on June 18, 2013, she's calling someone out for being a paid informant.

In a long, rambling post earlier that day, she mentions being arrested in a roundup, refers to having many disabilities and having to take a lot of medicines, and says her husband is by her side at all times to take care of her.

So, less than a year later, she just got in her car and split?

After all this time, you have to wonder about a car and a body of water.

Looking through her Facebook for the first time, I feel very confident about one thing. Her very last Facebook post was completely different in style and context and grammar than anything else she had posted. This is either due to medication, lack of medication or mental issue. Although I'm no expert in mental health and know very little about her life... the differences were huge.

Of course it is possible that someone else wrote that last post for her as well. But my hunch is she had a breakdown of some sort. Her last post was tagging over 30 people. She also did not use the three dots "..." or two dots has she had done in so many of her previous posts she had written.

After all this time, with her vehicle not turning up, you have to conclude she had an accident involving a heavily wooded and hidden area or a like, Pond or river. If Foul Play exists, they have done well at hiding the car and possibly even managed to get it to a junkyard.

Wait... WHNT reported:

"A week later police found her missing Honda on County Road 630 near Mentone, but Wendy was still no where to be found."

If her car was found abandoned with items in it, I now believe Foul Play was involved. Probably

I wonder if there's been any updates on Wendy. I know that area well and I went to high school with her husband.

Wendy Jane Gorham – The Charley Project

Wendy Jane Gorham

wendy_jane_gorham_3.jpg
gorham_wendy4.jpg
gorham_wendy5.jpg
gorham_wendy6.jpg
gorham_wendy7.jpg

Missing Since 04/18/2014
Missing From Fort Payne, Alabama
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race White
Age 45 years old
Height and Weight 5'2, 155 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A light-colored short-sleeved t-shirt and blue jeans.
Medical Conditions Gorham has several medical conditions and takes prescription medications.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Gorham may use the last names Anderson, Ervin, Greenleaf and/or Kuykendall. She has scars on both inner thighs, a scar on her forehead, and a tattoo of a pink Playboy Bunny on her the center of her lower back. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
Gorham was last seen on Lookout Mountain in the Fischer Community area of Fort Payne, Alabama on April 18, 2014. She was driving a black 1998 Honda LS sedan with the Alabama license plate number B32245 and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 1HGCF854XWA040547. She has never been heard from again. A week later, her vehicle was found abandoned on County Road 630 in Mentone, Alabama.

At the time of Gorham's disappearance, she had several criminal charges pending against her, and she has prior convictions for marijuana and driving under the influence. Foul play is not suspected in her case, but few details are available and it remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back