985 users online (181 members and 804 guests)  

Websleuths News

NM - Evangeline Mackey, 16, Albuquerque, 26 June 2014

Evangeline Mackey

Albuquerque Family asks for help finding missing daughter

An Albuquerque family says 16-year old Evangeline Mackey has been missing for more than two weeks, and they want people to keep an eye out for her. Evangeline’s mother, Leslie Johnson, says she went for a walk on the evening of June 26 without any belongings, and her family hasn’t heard from her since. Evangeline’s family doesn’t know where she’s been or what’s happened to her since she left. They are just hoping she’s safe and comes home soon.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

In the woods
    It looks like friends and family were hitting the streets handing out posters today. https://www.facebook.com/events/1422331798055434/

Something seems odd about the story.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Strange...family says she left and just hasn't returned and they don't know where she's at or if she's ok.

Yet the person from the organization seems to be all but outright stating that she left voluntarily.

Do they know it was voluntary? Seems like a bad thing to say even if you know most of the time, but REALLY bad if you're not totally sure.

Just because you leave on your own doesn't mean you don't want to come home and we have cases where a child gets into the grips of the wrong person and is taken across state lines and put through horrendous things. We don't want that to happen to any of our kids,” Lynn Johnson said.
    But then rereading the things from her family (and her brother) it almost sounds like they're awfully laid back about it (which could explain 2 weeks before this was at all in the media) so maybe they do know that and just are trying to convince her to come home? A plea might help...?

A 16-year-old Albuquerque girl reported missing more than two weeks ago has been found safe.