CA CA - Ramon Estrada, 36, West Hollywood, 6 July 2014

Screenshot2014-07-13at32906AM_zps921585b3.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=a.184824300858.125349.57972945858&type=1

Read the article, mentioned something about a "partner." Typically I assume that means he is gay. Could this be some kind of hate crime?

Read the article, mentioned something about a "partner." Typically I assume that means he is gay. Could this be some kind of hate crime?
There is a large LGBT presence in West Hollywood CA and the bar mentioned in the article is identified (Google) as a gay bar. Hopefully Ramon's disappearance is not related to issues of sexual orientation.

:(

MOO

Yes, he is gay, his partner Michael Shutt, is a friend of mine's son. I have been here at websleuths for a couple of years and I know what we can do. Please support the victim, and Michael. Thank you Salem for your help in starting this thread. Also, thank you OkieGranny, I remember you from Heather Elvis, you are awesome!

Yes, he is gay, his partner Michael Shutt, is a friend of mine's son. I have been here at websleuths for a couple of years and I know what we can do. Please support the victim, and Michael. Thank you Salem for your help in starting this thread. Also, thank you OkieGranny, I remember you from Heather Elvis, you are awesome!
Ramon and his partner are in our thoughts and prayers...that Ramon will be found soon, and safe.

:grouphug:

I find it very concerning he told his partner he was leaving and on his way home, 5 minutes away, then never made it. I have to wonder if someone at the bar was interested in him. I assume the video has been checked, but can Michael ask around and see if another patron had come onto Ramon previously? Unwanted attention? A prior stalker?

I don't see this as any different from a woman at a bar, on her way home, then *poof*. I think the answer is in that bar, that night, with those patrons. I feel horrible for saying so, but if Ramon and Michael have been together for so long, it looks more like him being targeted for nefarious purposes rather than a voluntary leaving. Just my VHO

I hope he is found safe, soon.

"He was reportedly carrying no ID or money on him at the time of his disappearance."
I assume this means he was without his wallet. Who goes to a bar without their wallet? I have to wonder if Ramon was actually at the bar that night.
Also, did he drive to Gold Coast or walk?

nycgrl I was actually assuming he was a well-known local at Gold Coast and was just hanging out with friends, like maybe dropped in, knowing he could get a beer from the bartender/friend. Maybe he had a tab kind of thing. I could very well be wrong. Your post made me think.

Prayers this young man is found safe. I agree with the others - who knows what happened to him. Indeed, who goes to a bar with no money or ID?

"He was reportedly carrying no ID or money on him at the time of his disappearance."
I assume this means he was without his wallet. Who goes to a bar without their wallet? I have to wonder if Ramon was actually at the bar that night.
Also, did he drive to Gold Coast or walk?
His Missing Persons poster clearly states he was last seen at the Gold Coast Bar. I would imagine, with it being 5 minutes from his home, he may have been a regular. I could also see just taking enough cash for drinks, spending it, and heading home. Or possibly he may have met friends there who bought his drinks. Also from the wording of what I have read, it would appear he was on foot.

MOO

Please believe me, I feel horrible for even suggesting this, and @Thorn you could shoot this down ASAP, which would be great, but there has been no info on Ramon's case. Is it *remotely* possible Ramon was looking for company for the night? Could this be a possible avenue of inquiry?

Happy news fellow Websleuthers!!! Per Michael's Mom on Facebook, Ramon has been found, not in the best shape, but he is alive. I am not sure of the circumstances but I will let you all know. Thank you to everyone!

I honestly do not know what might have happened, but he has been found. Thank you so much for your care and concern Ragamuffin, and I will keep everyone posted if/when I find out anything more.

I am beyond delighted! Wishing you both all the love and healing in the world you need. Please, take some time to heal, then get yourselves into counseling. I;m so very happy. Love and light to both of you, however it ends.

Happy news fellow Websleuthers!!! Per Michael's Mom on Facebook, Ramon has been found, not in the best shape, but he is alive. I am not sure of the circumstances but I will let you all know. Thank you to everyone!
Thank you!

Updates would be greatly appreciated. Prayers he will be fine from now on.

:)

I cannot find any MSM that confirms Ramon has been found, but because Thorn knows them personally, I am going to go ahead and move the thread to Located.

So glad that Ramon is home and alive and hope that he is doing well.

Salem

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/07/16/missing-weho-man-found-in-hospital-as-john-doe/

Estrada was found Sunday in a coma at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. CBS2′s Randy Paige said his loved ones have no idea how he got there...

About 20 minutes after the 1:45 a.m. phone call, the victim was spotted unconscious between parked cars on the corner of Mansfield Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard with a severe head injury and broken shoulder. “Right now, he is in ICU. This is going to be the 10th day, I believe,” Shutt said.

No one knows what happened to Perez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back